Why is Islam is the only religion that thinks all other religions are wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muhammed 'G' Had

why is islam the only religion that think every other religion is wrong?

:SMILY309: :confused:

samiha

---------
Staff member
I fear you are greatly mistaken. I don't know where you got that, because all true followers of any religion will tell you that all other religions are wrong...

I don't have time to respond, but I am warning you to please come with a clear heart unlike many who come with just accusations!!

P.S. >> your name is really odd... i hope it was not meant out of offence :angryred:

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

In the Name of Allah i begin and i pray that this response helps clarify somethings Insha'Allah (If God Wills)

Like sister Samiha mentioned....for sure you are mistaken, but saying that...every religion would say that 'we' are the right religion, hence we as Muslims say no different, that our religion is the right religion; the religion chosen by the ONE true God, the most profound religion and most Principled way of Life, Islam....! (Alhamdulillah-All Praise is due to Allah)

Allah reminds us in the Glorious Qu'ran:

'Say, [O believers]. "We have belived in Allah and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants [al-Asbat] and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.' (Chapter 2: Verse 136)

'Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. And those who were given the scripture did not differ except after knowledge had come to them-out of jealous animosity between themselves. And whoever disbelieves in the Verses of Allah, then indeed, Allah is swift in [taking] account]' (Chapter 3: Verse 19)

'...........This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favour upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion........' (Chapter 5: Verse 3)

so i declare and verify with full conviction that Islam truly is the chosen religion! (Alhamdulillah-All praise is due to Allah)

Ashadu allah illaha illallah, wa ashadu ana Muhammadur abduhu wa rasooluhu.... (I bear witness that there is no God but Allah Alone, and i testify that Muhammad :saw: is the last and final Messenger)

May peace be upon you, should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us; and if Allah permits, we'll be more than willing to help.

Kind Regards

allmuslimsrequal

As a former Catholic I can tell you that many many many christians that I know think that ONLY if you accept Jesus (pbuh) as your Lord and personal savior will you be saved on the day of judgement. I know Christians who, upon finding out my conversion- asked me why I chose to follow the religion that worships a false God. Some even say that Islam is the religion of the devil.
I believe that Islam is the true faith, but I dont go around shouting my hatred to other religions. There is a sura in the Qur'an that says it the best:

Sura 109- Al-Kafirun--

I do not worship what you worship
Nor will you worship what I worship

And I will not worship what you have been used to worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.

To you be your religion,
And to me be my religion.

:)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum Wa Rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

:salam2:

I agree with Samiha. Every religion claims that all other religions are wrong.
It is true that all religions are wrong because Islam is the the one and only ture religion.
No offense but you need to check your status.

Solemn_G

WHAT???

Of all the Abrahamic religions, I find Islam to be the one that does not condemn others as being completely wrong. Mainly I am refering to the religions of the People of the Book (Christianity and Judiasm) which have some reminence of truth in them but of course the texts as well as some of the core beleifs have been severly tainted by humans who rely on guessing and conjecture. As long as you beleive in the one God and worship none except Him (Allah) then you are likely to find peace with Him.

You can find a lot of proof in the Qur'an. I think you need to brush up on your reading.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^^^

Thanks to the sister that posted the following Surah:

Sura 109 - Al Kafirun

Say: I do not worship what you worship

And I will not worship what you worship,

To you be your religion,

Even people not of the book, like Hindus and Buddhists, were treated very well under Muslim leaders, in India for example. Read the Surah above Mr. G-had, if another religion is wrong, then Muslims take the above approach towards them. Muslims (people who believe in the One True God) believe Islam is the best religion and the best way to get to paradise.

Back to your question; my response is: Please go to a Christian forum and ask them what they think of other religions. And compare their responses with the ones you have gotten in this thread.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
People have pointed out good arguements. But I'd like to add one more thing.

In Christianity, a baby/fetus/anyone who couldn't possibly learn anything about Christ goes to Hell. Yet it is considered by many a tolerant religion.

In Islam, a baby/fetus/anyone who couldn't possibly learn anything about Islam goes to Heaven. Yet it is considered by many an intolerant religion.

In Christianity, you accept Christ and you go to Heaven. On other things are wrong and you will go to Hell for even thinking against what the Church says. Yet it is considered by many a tolerant religion.

In Islam, you say the Shahadah (There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger) and you go to Heaven. HOWEVER, Allah has promised in the Qur'an that the people who do good deeds, who believe in only One God (among some of the types) will be able to enter Heaven even if they aren't Muslim! Yet it is considered by many an intolerant religion.

Bluegazer

Hello Muhammed 'G' Had,

You posted the following question:

why is islam the only religion that think every other religion is wrong?

Is Islam the only religion that believes all other religions to be false?

The answer is a definite NO.

Read the following verse of the Bible [which Christians believe to be the Word of God]:

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Mark 16:15-16 (King James Version)

The following is from The Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

"171. What is the meaning of the affirmation “Outside the Church there is no salvation”?

846-848

This means that all salvation comes from Christ, the Head, through the Church which is his body. Hence they cannot be saved who, knowing the Church as founded by Christ and necessary for salvation, would refuse to enter her or remain in her. At the same time, thanks to Christ and to his Church, those who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ and his Church but sincerely seek God and, moved by grace, try to do his will as it is known through the dictates of conscience can attain eternal salvation."

Source: http://www.vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html

Basically, it means that the Catholic Church believes that anyone who has received the message [according to Catholic beliefs] and refused to stay as a Catholic or convert to Catholicism will not be saved.

So, you still believe that it's only Islam that believes all other religions to be false?

I hope you all the best,

Bluegazer

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum.

I feel I need to re-post what I posted earlier on another thread. Please read it again carefully:

"The People of the Book [Jews and Christians] who live after the advent of the prophethood of Muhammad [peace be upon him] have an obligation to revert to Islam. If they do not revert to Islam -after the message of Islam reaches them in a clear and undistorted way- and they die in that state, then they will enter Hell and dwell therein forever.

The following is Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid's answer to question no. 2912 [Who are the Jews and Christians who will enter Paradise?]:

"Question:
For the time being, I do not have the resources to quote the exact Quranic verse, nor can I tell you what sura it has been taken from. However, I believe it is a common verse. I understand little Arabic; hence I found that in English. The verse can be interpretted as such:
The godfearing Jews, muslims and christians will not have fear (on that day).
I am not exactly sure of the bracketted phrase.
Now my question to you: is it mistranliteration?
We know that christians and jews in general cannot be hoped to have any sanction in the life hereafter. So, how do we understand the verse?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

What you refer to in your question is mentioned in two similar aayaat in the Qur’aan. The first of them is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” [al-Baqarah 2:62]

The second is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Surely, those who believe, those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” [al-Maa’idah 5:69]

In order to understand these aayaat correctly, we need to refer to the scholars of Tafseer (Qur’aanic commentary). The great Imaam Ismaa’eel ibn Katheer, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his tafseer of the aayah from Soorat al-Baqarah:

“Allaah, may He be exalted, points out that whoever of the previous nations did well and was obedient, will have a good reward, and this will be the case for everyone who follows the Unlettered Prophet [Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until the Hour comes – he will have eternal happiness, and they will not fear what they are going to face, nor will they grieve for what they have left behind. As Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘No doubt! Verily, the awliya’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much, and love Allaah much], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.’ [Yoonus 10:62]. And Allaah tells us what the angels say to the believers at the time of death (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, those who say, “Our Lord is Allaah,” then they istaqaamu [stood straight, i.e., truly followed Islam], on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): “Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!”’ [Fussilat 41:30]

As far as the Jews are concerning, their faith meant believing in the Tawraat (original Torah) and following the way of Moosa (peace be upon him) until ‘Eesa came, after which whoever continued to follow the Torah and the way of Moosa, and did not leave this and follow ‘Eesa, was doomed. As far as the Christians are concerned, their faith meant believing in the Injeel (original Gospel) and following the laws of ‘Eesa; whoever did this was a believer whose faith was acceptable to Allaah, until Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came, after which whoever did not follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and leave the way of ‘Eesa and the Injeel that he had been following before, was doomed.

The aayah (interpretation of the meaning), “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85] is a statement that Allaah will not accept any way or deed from anyone, after sending His Final Messenger, except those that are in accordance with the laws of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Prior to this, however, anyone who followed the Prophet of his own time was on the Straight Path of salvation. So the Jews were those who followed Moosa (peace be upon him) and referred to the Tawraat for judgement at that time. When Allaah sent ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), the Children of Israel were obliged to follow him and obey him, and so they and others who followed him became Christians.. When Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as the Final Prophet and a Messenger to all the children of Adam, all of mankind was obliged to believe in him and obey him, and refrain from what he prohibited. Those who did so are the true believers. The ummah (nation) of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are called the believers because of their deep eemaan (faith) and conviction, and because they believe in all the past Prophets and in the prophesied events that are yet to come.”

Commenting on the aayah in Soorat al-Baqarah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“What is meant is that every group believed in Allaah and the Last Day, which is the appointed Day of Reckoning, and did righteous deeds. But after Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent to both mankind and the jinn, true belief can only be in accordance with the way of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever follows his way will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid"

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2912&ln=eng

The following is Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid's answer to question no. 1244 [The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam]:

"Question:
Someone has asked me this question (she is about to
become a muslimah). Her statement: 'A lot of others will never meet a Muslim in person. Will they be held responsible for their ignorance? What exactly does this mean: "After the revelation of the Quran who ever receives this message & does not abide by it is a non-believer"?
i. Who is considered to have received the message?
ii. Isn't it possible for people to have not received the message even though the Quran is in existence?'

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is part of the justice of Allaah that He does not punish any people until He has first sent a warning to them and unless there is evidence against them. Allaah does not treat anybody unfairly. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [al-Israa’ 17:15].

In his tafseer (commentary) on this aayah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “These words, ‘…And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ tell us of the justice of Allaah, may He be exalted, and that He does not punish anyone until after He has established evidence against him by sending a Messenger to him. This is like the aayat (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?” They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allaah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’”’ [al-Mulk 67:8] and: ‘And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of its prisoners). And its keepers will say, “Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, - reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say: “Yes, but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!”’ [al-Zumar 39:71]…”

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection: if he obeys, he will enter Paradise and if he disobeys he will enter Hell. The evidence (daleel) for this is the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree’, who reported that the Prophet of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of ‘Eesaa (Jesus, upon whom be peace) and the time of Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.”

According to another report, he said: “Whoever enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged to it.” (The hadeeth was reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan, and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’, 881).

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence aginst him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly. And Allaah is All-Seer of His slaves.

Islam Q&A

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1244&ln=eng

A Clarificiation on the "People of the Interval/Period"

The following is Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid's answer to question no. 6688 [Whoever does not believe that the kaafirs are kaafirs is himself a kaafir]:

"Question:
Is it true that anyone who does not accept that kuffaar are kuffaar is a kaafir himself, even if he prays, believes in the Qur'aan, and the Prophet Muhammad ( )? If so, what is the proof for this? Can a person insist on believing that Jews and Christians can be believers and go to heaven after being shown clear evidence against this, and still be considered a Muslim?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, this is correct. Whoever is not convinced that the person who disbelieves in the religion of Allaah is a kaafir, does not believe what Allaah has told us about their being kaafirs, and he does not believe that the religion of Islam abrogates all previous religions and that all people must follow this religion no matter what their religion was before.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

“Say (O Muhammad): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah” [al-A’raaf 7:158]

Al-Qaadi ‘Ayyaad said: hence we regard as a kaafir everyone who follows a religion other than the religion of the Muslims, or who agrees with them, or who has doubts, or who says that their way is correct, even if he appears to be a Muslim and believes in Islam and that every other way is false, he is a kaafir

(Al-Shifaa’ bi Ta’reef Huqooq al-Mustafaa, 2/1071)

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Know that among the greatest things that can nullify Islam are ten things:

Associating othes in worship of Allaah alone, Who has no partner or associate. The evidence ofr that is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship) with Him, but He forgives whom He wills, sins other than that” [al-Nisaa’ 4:116].

This also includes offering scarifices to other than Allaah, such as to the jinn or at graves.

Whoever regards others as intermediaries between him and Allaah and calls upon them to ask them to intercede for him, is a kaafir according to scholarly consensus.

Whoever does not regard the Mushrikeen as kaafirs or doubts that they are kaafirs or regard their way as correct, is a kaafir according to scholarly consensus.

After enumerating them, he said (may Allaah have mercy on him):

In the case of all these things that nullify Islam, there is no difference whether a person is joking or is serious or is afraid – except in cases where he is forced to do something. All of them are among the things that are very dangerous and which happen very often. The Muslim has to beware of them and fear them happening to him. We seek refuge with Allaah from the things that earn His wrath and His painful prunishment, May Allaah bless Muhammad.

(Mu’allafaat al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab, 212, 213).

Shirk and kufr are the same when it comes to the ruling (hukm)

Ibn Hazm said:

Kufra and shirk are the same; every kaafir is a mushrik and every mushrik is a kaafir. This is the view of al-Shaafa’ and others.

(al-Fisl, 3/124).

The Jews and Christians are kuffaar and mushrikeen. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allaah. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of those who disbelieved aforetime. Allaah’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth! … They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allaah (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allaah), and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Tauraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] to worship none but One Ilaah (God — Allaah) Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Praise and glory be to Him (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).” [al-Tawbah 9:30-31].

It was reported from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 153)

Whoever says that the Jews are not kaafirs is disbelieving in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meanings):

“And their hearts absorbed (the worship of) the calf because of their disbelief” [al-Baqarah 2:93]

“Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: “We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,” and “Hear and let you (O Muhammad) hear nothing.” And Raa‘ina [in Arabic it means “Be careful, listen to us, and we listen to you”, whereas in Hebrew, it means “an insult”] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion (Islâm). And if only they had said: “We hear and obey”, and “Do make us understand,” it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief…” [al-Nisa’ 4:46]

“Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: “Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the Messengers say)” — nay, Allaah has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little. And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse); And because of their saying (in boast), “We killed Messiah ‘Eesaa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,” — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesaa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)]…” [al-Nisa’ 4:155-157]

“Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers (by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment” [al-Nisa’ 4:150-151]

Whoever says that the Christians are not kuffaar is disbelieving in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meanings):

“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allaah is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary)…” [al-Maa’idah 5:17]

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: “Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).” But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them” [al-Maa’idah 5:73]

And he is disbelieving in the words of Allaah concerning the Jews and Christians who do not believe in our Prophet or follow him:

“Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers (by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment” [al-Nisa’ 4:150-151]

What is there left to say after these clear statements from Allaah, may He be exalted? We ask Allaah to guide us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=6688&ln=eng

The following is the answer of the Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research, Ifta, Propagation and Guidance in Saudi Arabia. It deals with the topic of "Applying the description of kufr upon the Jew and the Christian":

"Question:

Is it permissible to declare a Jew or a Christian to be a kaafir (disbeliever)?
Answer:

It is permissible for a Muslim to say that a Jew or a Christian is a kaafir because Allaah has described them with this attribute in the Quraan. And this is known to the person who reflects upon the Quraan. From this is His - the most High – statement:
Indeed those who disbelieved (kafaroo) from the People of the Book and the Polytheists are in the Fire of Hell to reside therein forever. They are the worst of all Creation. (al-Bayyinah 98:6)

And the People of the Book are the Jews and the Christians.

Permanent Committee for Research and Verdicts
Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz
Shaykh `Abdullah bin Ghudayaan
Shaykh `Abdullaah bin Qu`ood
Shaykh `Abdur-Razzaaq al-`Afeefee

Question 2 from fatwa number 4252 P143 Volume 2 of the fatawa of the Permanent Committee
Translated by Abu Abdir Rahmaan ibn Najam"

Source: http://fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=584

The mere fact that Jews and Christians do not believe that Muhammad [peace be upon him] was a Messenger of God Almighty makes them disbelievers. The Prophet [peace be upon him] said it very clearly:

والذي نفسي محمد بيده ! لا يسمع بي أحد من هذه الأمة يهودي ولا نصراني ، ثم يموت ولم يؤمن بالذي أرسلت به ، إلا كان من أصحاب النار

"By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, he who amongst this nation; a Jew or a Christian, who hears about me, but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent and dies (in this state of disbelief), he shall be of the companions of the Fire."

[Collected by Muslim, Book 001, Number 0284, translated by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui, with modifications by myself]

The underlined words were changed by myself to reflect the original Arabic. The words originally used by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui were "the community of Jews or Christians". I also added the word "who". I also replaced "denizens" with the word "companions" and I replaced the phrase "Hell-fire" with the phrase "the Fire". Siddiqui's last phrase went like this, "he shall be but one of the companions..". I removed the words "but one" since they're not in the Arabic original text of the hadith.

It is also very important to realise that just because a person is a disbeliever does not mean that his life and property can be violated. The following is part of an answer given by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid to question no. 26721:

"8- The Muslims believe that it is not permissible, under any circumstances whatsoever, for a Muslim to mistreat a non-Muslim who is not hostile towards Islam; so the Muslim should not commit aggression against him, or frighten him, or terrorize him, or steal his wealth, or embezzle him, or deprive him of his rights, or deny him his trust, or deny him his wages, or withhold from him the price of his goods when buying from him or withhold the profits of a partnership if he is in a business partnership with him.

9- The Muslims believe that it is obligatory upon the Muslims to honour treaties or agreements made with a non-Muslim party. If a Muslim has agreed to their conditions when seeking permission to enter their country (i.e., a visa) and has promised to adhere to that, then it is not permissible for him to commit mischief in their land, to betray anyone, to steal, to kill or to do any destructive action, and so on."

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=26721&ln=eng

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum"

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum Solemn_G,

You posted the following:

As long as you beleive in the one God and worship none except Him (Allah) then you are likely to find peace with Him.

After God Almighty sent Muhammad [peace be upon him] it has become an obligation upon anyone [who received the message of Islam in a clear and undistorted way] to revert to Islam.

God Almighty said:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between - Those are the disbelievers, truly. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment."

[Interpretation of the Qur'an 4:150-151]

The Prophet [peace be upon him] said:

"والذي نفسي محمد بيده ! لا يسمع بي أحد من هذه الأمة يهودي ولا نصراني ، ثم يموت ولم يؤمن بالذي أرسلت به ، إلا كان من أصحاب النار

"By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, he who amongst this nation; a Jew or a Christian, who hears about me, but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent and dies (in this state of disbelief), he shall be of the companions of the Fire."

[Collected by Muslim, Book 001, Number 0284, translated by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui, with modifications by myself]"

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Kayote

Sura 109- Al-Kafirun--

I do not worship what you worship

And I will not worship what you have been used to worship,

To you be your religion,

:)

:subhanallah:, Thanks very much for stating that. This is quite clearly the best answer, all have very good points to share though.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

I think you all Ferociously pounced on the guy and he is gone! That's a shame...

I wanted him/her to come back and reply. O Well! Next time

Child of GOD

I do not think that everyones religion is neccesarily wrong. I believe in God. period. ALLAH = GOD right? I will not go to hell just because I am a christian because I believe in God. Peace loving muslims who truly believe in God will not go to hell either...so for those of you true in your heart, we will meet in the afterlife of heaven.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
I do not think that everyones religion is neccesarily wrong. I believe in God. period. ALLAH = GOD right? I will not go to hell just because I am a christian because I believe in God. Peace loving muslims who truly believe in God will not go to hell either...so for those of you true in your heart, we will meet in the afterlife of heaven.

Hi,

What if we don't believe that Jesus is the son of God but a noble and great prophet? What if we only believe in ONE God. The same God who created Adam and Eve, sent down Noa(as), Moses(as), Abraham(as) and all the other prophets?

Child of GOD

I believe that if we have a common ground of one true God , which we do, then we will all be united in heaven, regardless whether our religion says Jesus Christ or yours says Mohammed, God is totally infinite in wisdom and I THINK that God knows what is truly in the hearts of believers of the good people, the people that have tried to live their life in justice, love, peace, compassion, and for that God will reward us. I have faith in Gods word.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
I believe that if we have a common ground of one true God , which we do, then we will all be united in heaven, regardless whether our religion says Jesus Christ or yours says Mohammed, God is totally infinite in wisdom and I THINK that God knows what is truly in the hearts of believers of the good people, the people that have tried to live their life in justice, love, peace, compassion, and for that God will reward us. I have faith in Gods word.

If only more people were open minded as you, maybe the world would've been a better place:)

Child of GOD

ABDUL-RAHEEM ALI,

You are like a breath of fresh crisp air, Thank you for your comment. I AM truly what I say I am and I do believe what I said in that post-reply. You bring tears of joy to my eyes, you have showed me that we can God willing all get along in peace and love for one another. Thank you so much for that bonding of the love of God between us and it gives me hope and takes out all the people who have told me to not trust. Gods speed to you my new friend.
Sheri

muslim forever

as muslims we belive in all the prophet but when the prophet mohmmed came down all the jew and christians should of acceped him as the last prophet cos he was foretold in your books

Child of GOD

I am sorry MUSLIM FOREVER but that was never foretold in our bible as you think, the messiah , the only messiah to US that was told was JESUS CHRIST which came long before yours as MOHAMMED in 570 A.D. BUT, THE FACT remains that we all believe in only one true GOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.