why some iranians...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Hey, I didn't take offense at it, so don't worry about it.

Sister Aapa, I had to ask that question, of course. You know I'm having an identity crisis right now. Everyone on the board knows about that. On the outside, I'm just another English-speaking (and some Spanish) Southern white working-class dude struggling to survive. I work my 40 a week and try to enjoy life on the weekends.

On the inside, it's a different story. There is a storm raging, a battle being fought, and my soul is not at peace right now. I'm struggling to find myself, to find the place where I can call home and be comfortable in who I am. I haven't found it yet...

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother, as you have mentioned that you feel like you do not know where do you belong as you were not born Muslim but Alhadmulillah Allah subhan wa teala has guided you to be a Muslim now, I thought to advice you regarding that Inshallah.

Dear brother you are not the only one white Muslim, because Mashallah there are Muslims of every kind of race and Alhadmulillah all people, of any kind of race, origin, or langauge are accepted in our Ummah, and you should not worry brother because Alhmadulillah all truth Muslims are accepting you how you are.

And also I think that it would be good if you would wear Sunnah beard or Islamic cloth, because on that way you would feel more as Muslim, because our Islamic cloth is part of our Muslim indentity,and also we feel more happy if we can be recognise everywhere like a Muslim,and together with our eman, our Islamic habbits, following Sunnah of our beloved Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam,and with our Islamic cloth we are fullfilling our Muslim identity.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and I hope Inshallah I did not said anything wrong to you dear brother.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Hey, I didn't take offense at it, so don't worry about it.

Sister Aapa, I had to ask that question, of course. You know I'm having an identity crisis right now. Everyone on the board knows about that. On the outside, I'm just another English-speaking (and some Spanish) Southern white working-class dude struggling to survive. I work my 40 a week and try to enjoy life on the weekends.

On the inside, it's a different story. There is a storm raging, a battle being fought, and my soul is not at peace right now. I'm struggling to find myself, to find the place where I can call home and be comfortable in who I am. I haven't found it yet...

I am a white, southern female and I take a offense. I doubt the Prophet or his companions would've used such a descriptive when talking about fellow Muslims who happen to be white. And to think, I was just giving dawa to a white person who was asking if she would be accepted since she is white. I directed her to this message board but I may have to retract that advice.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother, as you have mentioned that you feel like you do not know where do you belong as you were not born Muslim but Alhadmulillah Allah subhan wa teala has guided you to be a Muslim now, I thought to advice you regarding that Inshallah.

Dear brother you are not the only one white Muslim, because Mashallah there are Muslims of every kind of race and Alhadmulillah all people, of any kind of race, origin, or langauge are accepted in our Ummah, and you should not worry brother because Alhmadulillah all truth Muslims are accepting you how you are.

And also I think that it would be good if you would wear Sunnah beard or Islamic cloth, because on that way you would feel more as Muslim, because our Islamic cloth is part of our Muslim indentity,and also we feel more happy if we can be recognise everywhere like a Muslim,and together with our eman, our Islamic habbits, following Sunnah of our beloved Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam,and with our Islamic cloth we are fullfilling our Muslim identity.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and I hope Inshallah I did not said anything wrong to you dear brother.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

:salam2:

No, you're fine, sister. I have a goatee but not the full beard (yet), but I am in the process of growing one. I have considered getting one of those caps and the robes but haven't yet.

Many of my issues go back long before Islam, so it's not just a religious thing for me. A lot of it is social and emotional issues that go back decades. I am trying to sort through those, and I think once I do that, I'll be alright.

I am a white, southern female and I take a offense. I doubt the Prophet or his companions would've used such a descriptive when talking about fellow Muslims who happen to be white. And to think, I was just giving dawa to a white person who was asking if she would be accepted since she is white. I directed her to this message board but I may have to retract that advice.

Well I am sorry about that, sister ShyHijabi. Stuff like that has never bothered me that much though. I used to call myself all kinds of names as a form of showing the world that it didn't bother me, and most of the time it worked. Most of the time I was left alone.

I'm an oddity I know. I get angry about things I shouldn't but I don't care about the things that I should.

brmm

Every country has its own good/bad aspects.
-The US is the best country to make shopping, as I think.
-The worse country in media, since you will be under 24/7 brain washing.
-Not the best country for Muslims to live in specially woman with hijab (head cover).
-Not the best country with social security.
-Not the best country with work vacation, employment rights and work environment.
-Not the best country in food quality and eating habits.
-Not the safest country to live in.
-Very bad country to raise children and teenagers.
-Good for English speakers.
-Best for dreamers.
-Best payment for people with no degrees since it is all depends on your luck.
-Good highways and bad public transportation service.
-Very bad green policy in the country.

I don't know if the one who lives in the US agree with me or not since they know better !

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Shyhijabi,

You take that word as offensive. That is your take on the word. You have limited your experiences to being a white female..take it lightly and remember you are a Muslim first.

He asked if he was average. I responded by using a word that I am comfortable in using. I am not a white female. I do not base my identity on the color of my skin.

We can have a hot discussion on words that white females and males use in the US that are very offensive to non-Whites.

Why are whites so hung up about being white???

After Ramadan.

msmoorad

mommys boy
salam sisters and brothers,
I was speaking with an iranian.

He said that he wants to live in Canada or USA in the future maybe.

Why some iranians want to see or live in USA .
ıf ı were an iranian I would hate maybe..

A nonsense question I know but ı wanted to share with you.

jazakallahu hayran kesiyra.............

salaams to all

same can be said for almost all people of poorer countries.
its almost funny- you take any group of muslims, anywhere out of the west who are protesting against the US,UK,Canada etc & burning these countries' flags
ask them: "who wants a visa to go to this country?"
im sure everyones hand will go up.

there are very few who are content with whatever they have.
its not so much about a better life
its about getting more of the dunya.
i can understand those who are being persecuted etc wanting to move to a place where they will be able to live in peace-most of those who are eager to go to the west are wanting to go only for materialistic reasons.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

I read a PEW report and was amazed by the stats. I have no clue how they arrived at the conclusions.

Now, if we open my heart Iran is deeply imprinted on it. It is the country of my birth.

Wa alaikome salam

Sister I remember reading awhile back that you said you are of Pakistani/Indian heretage. But you were born in Iran? Why wouldnt you also claim Iran as part of your heretage? Even if your parents are not Iranian YOU are if you were born there.

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..that was posted in the Sisters only section. ( I really didn't need the brothers to see this)

My father was a diplomat.

ShyHijabi

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Shyhijabi,

You take that word as offensive. That is your take on the word. You have limited your experiences to being a white female..take it lightly and remember you are a Muslim first.

He asked if he was average. I responded by using a word that I am comfortable in using. I am not a white female. I do not base my identity on the color of my skin.

We can have a hot discussion on words that white females and males use in the US that are very offensive to non-Whites.

Why are whites so hung up about being white???

After Ramadan.

No need, I don't use racial slurs regardless of the person I am describing, it's bad adaab. So I am not going to get caught up in a debate just because others feel comfortable using slurs. I am sure if someone referred to your sons in slurs it would hurt you.

I am not hung up on being white, I am hung up on a Muslim sister soiling her tongue and fingers with racial slurs on a message board utilized for spreading knowledge of Islam.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I'm the one who started this line of the conversation, so it's my fault. I apologize to all of the sisters out there. Aapa, ShyHijabi, and anyone else who got sucked into the conversation.

I think maybe I should follow through with that self-imposed ban. I seem to be hurting too many people lately...

... and I was starting to like it here, too...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

No brother..it is not you. You stay here.

I did not use the words as a racial slur. I was being funny. We get so uptight on this forum.

It is time for me to step out. I need a break. It has nothing to do with you.

I need to chill with real folks for a while....

Later

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..that was posted in the Sisters only section. ( I really didn't need the brothers to see this)

My father was a diplomat.

Wa alaikome salam

Im sorry sister youre absolutely right I should not have posted that information on the public board. Please forgive me. I was only using it in an attempt to show what you had said previously. I honestly didnt mean any harm by it.

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Hey sisters...it is chill time...

just think if an army had to face all of us when we get like this...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

No brother..it is not you. You stay here.

I did not use the words as a racial slur. I was being funny. We get so uptight on this forum.

It is time for me to step out. I need a break. It has nothing to do with you.

I need to chill with real folks for a while....

Later

Sister, I know you weren't being offensive, and I never took it as such.

But I probably never should have asked that question in the first place, so I have to bear some of the responsibility for the fallout, which is why I apologize to anyone who got caught up in that.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

As an American Muslim female, I do believe I am capable of confirming or challenging the following notions. Let's see:

-The US is the best country to make shopping, as I think.

Depends on what you're shopping for. It's as good as Europe, although in my opinion, the Gulf beats all.

-The worse country in media, since you will be under 24/7 brain washing.

Unfortunately, true (despite the fact that it's not the only one).

-Not the best country for Muslims to live in specially woman with hijab (head cover).

As a European male, I doubt it's a good idea for you to be making assumptions on behalf of American female muhajabah's. It's actually safer for women to wear hijab here than it is in many Muslim countries and also safer than your country of Europe where hijab bans lay supreme.

-Not the best country with social security.
-Not the best country with work vacation, employment rights and work environment.

Not sure where the social security one's coming from. I've seen even illegal immigrants be taken care of by the system. This is a very narrow statement regarding a very broad field. It depends on what the nature and location of your job is. Employment rights are fine but if an employer decides to abuse them, that doesn't mean the rights are lacking.

-Not the best country in food quality and eating habits.

Food quality's fine, although I'm sure it's better in Europe. Regarding eating habits, I'm guessing you're referring to the high rates of fast food consumption and growing levels of obesity. Yes, if many Americans could do something less, it would be eat.

-Not the safest country to live in.

Which country is?

-Very bad country to raise children and teenagers.

It's not so much where you raise the children as much as it is HOW you raise them. Fitnah exist in every corner of the planet and there is equally just as much in Muslim countries. Believe it or not, there are actually some pretty wholesome societies here. For example, Dearborne, Michigan is boasted to have the highest Arab population in the US, so much so that people joke that the state's second language is Arabic and that every other restaurant is a halal one. As long as you raise your children with Islamic values and morals and embody those very values and morals, you have a better chance of ending up with pious children then if you were to raise them in a Muslim country, with you yourself barely practicing Islam to a minimum.

-Good for English speakers.

There are people from every nationality in the world here. Plus, there are immigrants living here for decades that don't know an iota of English. Clearly it's possible to get by without speaking a word of English as there are tons of multilingual services available for everyone.

-Best for dreamers.

WORST for dreamers and most inaccurate statement of all. I actually feel bad for the dreamers that come here. Dreamers tend to hover outside of reality and believe that America equals perfection and their dreams automatically coming true. Unfortunately as soon as they step on American soil, reality sets in and they realize that they will have to work as hard as mules to make dreams come true. One must be practical living here and not be in a constant state of dreaming. The average American citizen knows that they need to put in their blood, sweat and tears into their hard work before they can even afford the luxury of dreaming. Yes, dreams can be achieved. But only after you pay your dues like everyone else. Dreamers only run the risk of being swallowed up in the masses.

-Best payment for people with no degrees since it is all depends on your luck.

Incorrect again. A few rags-to-riches success stories does not a generalization make. In this struggling economy, it is more important than ever to pursue an education. People are going back to school in this day and age to pursue professional degrees because even the most basic of degrees (that could have helped an individual accomplish alot even a few decades ago) is now unfortunately seen as meaningless. Knowledge is power, not luck. The luck's been running out with the money lately.

-Good highways and bad public transportation service.

Sure, but it's not perfect. I can't begin to tell you the number of anxiety attacks I've had waiting for the buses or trains to come.

-Very bad green policy in the country.

My knowledge is limited when it comes to this but from what I can see around me, "going green" is the new trend. Politicians are advocating for the construction of more "green buildings" and environmental preservation is also on the agenda of many congressman. Yes, pollution is a problem but there is awareness being spread of its harms and more and more people are learning about green technology every day.

Your first statement was the most accurate. Every country has its benefits and its flaws. The US is no different. I can tell you, though, that from the point of view of a Westernized Muslim, we have alot better here in the US than you do in the UK. I hear every day of so many anti-Islamic groups promoting their Islamophobia as well as hijab and minaret bans. We've got Islamophobia here too but nowhere as near as the high levels of it in the Europe.

esperanza

revert of many years

I'm the one who started this line of the conversation, so it's my fault. I apologize to all of the sisters out there. Aapa, ShyHijabi, and anyone else who got sucked into the conversation.

I think maybe I should follow through with that self-imposed ban. I seem to be hurting too many people lately...

... and I was starting to like it here, too...

please dont think that brother,,,its your place here too and ur very welcome,,,,dont feel like that
dont leave.....everyone just needs to be more understanding

and we all forget sometimes that this is very imoportant part of Islam...al are equal,,,and no you dont need to change your dress or looks only your actions and manners to be a good muslim

esperanza

revert of many years
its a shame to asee us all getiing wrapped up in talk of race colour nationality
and perhaps affecting people new to Islam who are already struggling,,
we are all equal whereever were from ..new muslim ..born muslim ,,living in west or muslim countries,,,,may allah guide us all

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I have only one thing to say.

From Mu'adh bin Jabal, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me of a deed which will take me into Paradise and will keep me away from the Hell-fire." He said: "You have asked me about a great matter, yet it is, indeed, an easy matter for him to whom Allah Almighty makes it easy. (It is) that you worship Allah without associating anything with Him, that you perform the prayers, that you pay the zakat, that you fast during Ramadan, and that you make the pilgrimage to the House."

Then he said: "Shall I not guide you to the gates of goodness? Fasting is a shield; charity extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire; and a man's prayer in the middle of the night." Then he recited: "Who forsake their beds to cry unto their Lord in fear and hope, and spend of that We have bestowed on them. No soul knoweth what is kept hid for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do". [Qu'ran, Surah al-Sajdah (32): Ayah 16-17]

Then he said: "Shall I not also tell you of the peak of the matter, its pillar, and its topmost part?" I said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The peak of the matter is Islam (submission to Allah), the pillar is prayer; and its topmost part is jihad."
Then he said: "And shall I not tell you of the controlling of all that ?" I said:" Yes, O Messenger of Allah". So he took hold of his tongue and said: "Restrain this." I said: "O Prophet of Allah, will we be held accountable for what we say?" He said: "May your mother be bereft of you! Is there anything that topples people on their faces (or he said, on their noses) into the Hell-fire other than the jests of their tongues?"

[Related by Al-Tirmidhi, who said it was a fine and sound hadith]

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.