Women at the mosque's

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Asalaam aliakum...
...i get the point and i do understand now....thanks for the help but plz plz, ppl stop continuously telling me....i understand NOW.....
xohanifaxo

:wasalam: Sister,

Welcome to TTI !!!

We are all here to learn from each other. Don`t hesitate to discuss anything with your Brothers and Sisters on this friendly forum.

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

:salam2:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Salaam,

It's not a greater reward if you pray at home...it's just the same reward because it's not obligatory for women to go, though some hadiths say that it's preferred if a woman stays at home. Of course there's no punishment of any sort for going to the masjid...

wa alaykum salam

I'm not so sure about this. I think it IS a greater reward to pray at home. Going to masjid has not only been made non-obligatory for women... but they have also been encouraged in some ways to stay home. It doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't go to the mosque... just that as the hadith says "there homes are better for them" and if their homes are better, would that not mean more reward in it?

As the fatawa above did not mention another similar hadith in its entirety, i will quote it here insha'allah

There is no doubt that a woman’s prayer in her house is better for her than praying in the mosque, as is indicated by the Sunnah of the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him). He said: "Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque, even though their houses are better for them." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid: Baab al-tashdeed fee dhaalik. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 7458).

Further hadith go to prove that the less the woman is exposed, the greater it is for her and her prayer... due to increase in concentration, nobody looking... etc So she should even strive to find an area of the house that is not entirely in the open but more secluded, if she can.

Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) said: "A woman’s prayer in her house is better than her prayer in her courtyard, and her prayer in her bedroom is better than her prayer in her house." (Reported by Abu Dawud in al-Sunan, Baab maa jaa’a fee khurooj al-nisaa’ ilaa’l-masjid. See also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 3833).

And to say this did not happen in the time of the Messenger of Allah :saw: would not be correct either:

Umm Humayd, the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa‘idi reported that she came to the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) and said: "O Messenger of Allaah, I love to pray with you." He said: "I know that you love to pray with me, but praying in your house is better for you than praying in your courtyard, and praying in your courtyard is better for you than praying in the mosque of your people, and praying in the mosque of your people is better for you than praying in my mosque." So she ordered that a prayer-place be built for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she always prayed there until she met Allaah (i.e., until she died). (Reported by Imaam Ahmad; the men of its isnaad are thiqaat (trustworthy)).

Find Full Fatwa here

Therefore it would not be correct to say she does not get rewarded more for prayer at home, rather than at the masjid, but it is most DEFINIETLY allowed for women to go to the masjid.

Saalam,
i believe that it is wrong for women to go pray the mosque... Many women pray at the mosque for Eid, but i don't think it's right...

wa alaykum salam

Alhamdulillah you understand sis.. I'm not picking on you here at all :) :) but I thought in regards to women going to Eid prayer specifically it'd be nice to provide some evidence right? As Islaam is based on what is established in Qur'aan and Sunnah and not heresay:

Women and children going out to attend `Eid prayer:

Shari`ah urges women and children to go out and attend the `Eid prayer. This includes married, single, young, old, or menstruating women.

Umm `Atiyyah reported: "We were ordered to go out with the single and menstruating women to the two `Eids in order to witness the good and the supplications of the Muslims. The menstruating women would be separate from the others." (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Ibn `Abbas said that the Prophet would take his wives and daughters to the two `Eids. This is reported by Ibn-Majah and al-Bayhaqi.

Ibn `Abbas further reported: "I went out with the Prophet on the day of breaking the fast or of the sacrifice, and he prayed and gave a khutbah (sermon), and then he went to the women and admonished them, reminded them of Allah, and ordered them to give charity." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

wasalam

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam sisters and brothers,
I was at school so it took me awhile to read all your posts. Thank you for the hadiths, which are very helpful. When i go to the mosque it's usually if i'm out driving and not at home when the prayer time, so I stop at the mosque with my husband and son. Or any similiar event. I didnt' make it to eid prayers, insha'Allah i will make it next year.

I do love to pray at home, it feels like i have more time, then when i'm rushed to meet my husband at the car...or even when i pray with my husband, it's better if he prays longer, for me anyway. I love when he recites the long surahs, as i only know short ones. I'm sure others can relate. To stand in prayer for a lengthened period of time is better than a rushed prayer.

The sister who is the med student..i dont' have time at this second, but later on from school i'll pm you. Thanks for responding...i'm still in college, not quite med school, but i am taking A+P classes now and would love to know more about what i have coming at me!!
Thanks again everyone.
:wasalam:
Hannah

happy 2 b muslim

i am with you sister i think it wrong to go to the mosque because it cause fitah for the men, Dont say she is wrong when Umar (ra)banned women from going to the mosques after the prophet die because it started to change the women didnt agree so they went to the greatest scholar Aisha(ra) her statement is recorded in bukhari which she said if the prophet was alive he would have done the same" salamalaykum

Oh, that. I don't believe in it so it doesn't matter to me. I've seen it go around in chain letters before, and I've seen it proven that it's all fake pretty convincingly, which I why I use both words...I only really use "masjid" when I'm typing on here.

ASA,

So do you let people call you "Moslem" or "Muslim." Trust me, it's Muslim. I like for other people to respect Islam. I don't call Christians "Christyans" or anything else. Everytime people say Moslem I always correct them.

wasalaam