Women at the mosque's

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaamu alaikum,
i have two questions:
Is there any fatwa about how often women "should" go to the mosque for prayer?

Because I enjoy going to the mosque, but the reward is greater from home...right? There is definitely a different feeling from the praying at the mosque and at home, i feel more connected to God when i'm at home, but at the mosque i just feel happy that i'm in the house of Allah.

Second:
Are there any female med students on tti? I would love to chat about some issues i feel i might face with med school and men...etc. Thanks.

Walaikum,
Hannah

kayleigh

Salaam,

It's not a greater reward if you pray at home...it's just the same reward because it's not obligatory for women to go, though some hadiths say that it's preferred if a woman stays at home. Of course there's no punishment of any sort for going to the masjid...

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
Saalam,
i believe that it is wrong for women to go pray the mosque... Many women pray at the mosque for Eid, but i don't think it's right...

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

Based on what Quranic verse, or Hadith?

Remember the hadith saying "dont ever refuse your women to enter the house of Allah" or something similar (i translated it directly from my language in my head... lol)

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
sis xohani... you're wrong, for eid prayers everyone should come, women, men, old , young, even menstruating women (subhnallah) but off course they shouldnt pray, but simply listen to the khutbah and the duaas..

It is not wrong for women to pray in the masjiid, why would it be?

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
Saalam

well from what i've heard and by listening to my mom who knows....she says it's wrong....and i think it's wrong..if u think it's right u can go ahead and do it....i won't

abdellah007

assalam alaykum sisters and brothers.

it would be better for women to pray at home.. but they could also pray in mosques. for example in ramadan many women go to mosque in taraweeh prayers... and before taraweeh there has always been speech from the imam that would help women for learning about their Deen.

UmmOf3

well from what i've heard and by listening to my mom who knows....she says it's wrong....and i think it's wrong..if u think it's right u can go ahead and do it....i won't
Dont listen to your mom. Listen to ISLAAM. Forget about old culture and prejudice against women. Forget sexism that really do exist sadly, even today, even though our Prophet banned sexism 1400 yrs ago. Some humans behave like they lived 1500 years ago...

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
SAALAM

i'm a sunni muslim and i believe in GOD....ALLAH....well if u ppl think i'm wrong then go ahead becuz with my knowledge i am telling u wat i kno (my views and opinoins)....i'm not as old as all of u so speak with my knowledge of Islam...and i am going with the sister who wrote this post....i feel better praying at home rather than at a mosque....as i child women in all of my family weren't allowed to go to the mosque and pray...so it's what i have been use to
this is what the sister of this post said
"i feel more connected to God when i'm at home"...and this is how i feel

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First of all welcome sister. I see by the number of posts you are new. I am the oldest female on the website. I stayed away during Ramadan.
Secondly. Please do not put Mad with Salaam. How can one be mad if you are wishing the Peace and Blessings of Allah subhana talla on others?
You are correct in respecting your mother. Please extend my Salaam to her.
However, you are very young and not in a position to understand what many of the sisters go through. Many sisters have to overcome obstacles just to be among Muslims. I know you can not deny us the companionship of Muslims when we are amongst the dunya.
I attend the masjid because it is the only time I am among my brothers and sisters. I want to raise my sons to love every facet of Islam. I want them to see the rainbow that is Islam. I love Muslims. I love the house of Allah.
I do not go to be seen, I go to be energized by my sisters. I go so my sons can see pious Muslim men.
Dear little sister, as I was reading the posts of the many Muslims who were unable to attend the masjid for Eid prayer, I prayed InshaAllah each and everyone will be able to attend the salat for the next Eid.
Please open your heart and understand for many of us ..it is our only connection with the Muslim world. And for me it is one step closer to praying, InshaAllah in Medina and Mecca.

ShyHijabi

Are there any female med students on tti? I would love to chat about some issues i feel i might face with med school and men...etc. Thanks.

Salaam,

I am a second year medical student. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or conundrums and inshallah we will find the answer together.

Should Women Be Prevented From Attending the Masjid?
The clear and most correct answer to this question is NO. We have in the following four authentic Hadith a clear example for those who wish to fulfill the obligation of living in Ma’roof (absolute kindness and justice) with their women. Narrated Salim from his father, ‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar, that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"When women ask permission for going to the mosque, do not prevent them." (Saheeh Muslim)

'Abd Allah bin ‘Umar reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say:

"Do not prevent your women from going to the mosque when they seek your permission." Bilaal bin ‘Abd Allah said: By Allah! We shall certainly prevent them. On this, ‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar turned towards him and reprimanded him so harshly as I had never heard him do before. He (‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar) said: I am narrating to you that which comes from the Messenger of Allah (SAW) and you (dare) say: By Allah! We shall certainly prevent them. (Saheeh Muslim)

Ibn ‘Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"Do not prevent women from going to the Mosque at night." A boy said to ‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar: We would never let them go out, that they may not be caught in evil. He (the narrator) said: Ibn ‘Umar reprimanded him and said: I am saying that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said this, but you say: We would not allow! (Saheeh Muslim)

Zainab bint Thaqafiya reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to us:

"When any of you comes to the mosque, she should not apply perfume." (Saheeh Muslim)

From the above authentic Hadith, we can clearly see that the Sahabiyat (female companions) were not prevented from attending the mosque. In fact, the Prophet (SAW) instructed the men not to prevent them! Further, it is clear that they may attend 'Isha even though it may be night time. We also have authentic Hadith in the Sahih of Imam Al-Bukhari that the women would attend Fajr completely enveloped in their Hijab. Hence, if a woman does not perfume herself and observes the proper Hijab (see Her Dress Requirements), she may attend the masjid for Salat. Let the above serve as an argument against those who wish to practice the extreme of banning women from the houses of Allah (SWT)!

Further, it is extremely important for women to attend community functions at the Masjid (i.e. lectures, study circles, and other similar gatherings) as this is one of the few times a woman witnesses how Muslims are to interact with each other. Such functions benefit the women by allowing them to give and receive Da’wah, apply proper rules of Adab (manners), and to help in the maintenance of Allah’s (SWT) houses. Thus, the permissibility of women praying in the Masjid is well established from the Sunnah. The important issue is knowing where it is better to perform her Salat.

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/herprayer/whereshallipray.htm

Sister with all due respect the Prophet word supercededs anyone else's.

~Sarah

Jannah03

xohanifaxo....sister! i dont want to put you on the spot but listen to yourself! what your mother is saying is her opinion/culture and not what Allah and the prophet allowed! yes it is better for a woman topray at home but there is NOTHING wrong with you attending the mosque as long as you are adhere to proper hijab. respect your mother but you should read more authentic sunans sister.

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
Asalaam aliakum...
i didn't say and against islam...i would NEVER do that ...i get the point and i do understand now....thanks for the help but plz plz, ppl stop continuously telling me....i understand NOW.....
xohanifaxo

Angela Hillyer

Dont listen to your mom. Listen to ISLAAM. Forget about old culture and prejudice against women. Forget sexism that really do exist sadly, even today, even though our Prophet banned sexism 1400 yrs ago. Some humans behave like they lived 1500 years ago...

Salam

Well said.

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
saalam..
i already answered the question it would make more sense if u read all the posts and the responses to them....thanks alot