Working mothers 'damage their child's health'

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

Ok, my kids will join you in the "damaged kids" department, then.

Well, there are good things and bad things about women working. Best is, if the couple need two inncomes, to maybe try to work alternate hours, so that there is always someone at home for the kids, like my parents did, for instance...

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

You don't want your kids turning out like me, Sis! Turst me!:astag:

Btw! May Allah (SWT) help you in your financial situation (Ameen); your thinking is on the right trck!

Salaam aleikum

Ok, my kids will join you in the "damaged kids" department, then.

Well, there are good things and bad things about women working. Best is, if the couple need two inncomes, to maybe try to work alternate hours, so that there is always someone at home for the kids, like my parents did, for instance...

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

I dont work for financial reasons hehehe... I have a "needed" profession hehe...

Izzu

:salam2: welcome back global peace. i kinda missed you bro. were you on vacation or something.:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Jazakullah Khairun...

Been busy & for the past 2 weeks waiting for a new Project to start so sitiing around posting on TTI :)
:salam2: welcome back global peace. i kinda missed you bro. were you on vacation or something.:wasalam:

kayleigh

I don't believe it "damages" all children. Almost all of my friends were sent off to daycare at an early age and they've never had any problems. I was raised pretty much without parents, and I'm still alive! :)

Unfortunately, I think most, or a very significant number of woman in the West have to work to make ends meet (depending on her husbands job), especially if there's more than one child.

Izzu

:salam2: well both my parents worked. my mum was a teacher and just retired few years ago. I think I learnt so much from my mother being employed. I guess it has more to do with the kind of profession the mothers are in. As a teacher she taught me good things. things that i didnt like when I was young but ones that I cherish now. I may be brain damaged (most of the times I think so since I have a PhD degree in biology but still dont have a permanent job) but I believe it has more to do with my ownself than my working mother. But hey that is just my opinion......

Globalpeace

Banned
African-American Women...

Asslamo Allaikum,

Personally I have the greatest admiration for African-American Women (Muslims & Non-Muslims)...trust me they have worked very hard to bring their kids up in the West.

Yep! A lot of times sisters don't have a choice due to financial constraints.

halah

:salam2:
My mum was a teacher and I was very proud of her because she taught me every thing in this life ,but i'm still remember how upset I was when I returned home while she was still at work.In Islam supporting the family financially is the responsibility of the man and the woman shouldn't go out for work if their's no need.:hijabi:

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

I had the same feelings because my mom wasn't around either!

My mum was a teacher and I was very proud of her because she taught me every thing in this life ,but i'm still remember how upset I was when I returned home while she was still at work.In Islam supporting the family financially is the responsibility of the man and the woman shouldn't go out for work if their's no need.:hijabi:

Izzu

OK there was this bit when after returning from school we (my elder bro and I) had to take care of things ourselves till our mom would return. The house used to be so empty but apart from that everything else was just near perfect.
:wasalam:

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA

My mum was a single parent...she was rarely around when I was a child, as she often worked up to 3 jobs at a time, at many times being absent throughout the day as well as during the nights and the weekends. There were no lasting adverse effects of this, nor of me not having both parents present. Myself and my two siblings are all normal, well-adjusted, hardworking adults who harbour no bitterness whatsoever towards the fact that our mother worked all throughout our childhood. In fact I'm immensely proud of my mother, she got up and provided for us and in doing so, she put our absent father to shame, who was unwilling to give us even a single penny.

In fact, I think it's probably one of the reasons that we turned out so well. Myself and my sister are highly educated, wheras my brother isn't very academic, but works as hard in his job as God can possibly will him to.

In an ideal world, our mum would have been present, and our 'father' would have been out at work providing for us. But this wasn't the case. As a result, we learned just how amazing a single mother can be, who is almost always a mother, father, worker, carer, teacher and nurturer all rolled into one. We learned the value of money, the importance of hard work, and how to truly cherish those precious moments we did have with our mother.

Alhamdulillah, my mother no longer has to work. Her children are grown and she is re-married into relative wealth, yet she still continues to work (and study for degree and post-grad), as she loves what she does. She works with homeless people and drug addicts, etc. and truly makes a difference in helping people turn their lives around. I salute that.

Those who have both parents and who have a family in which one parent (preferably the mother) can stay at home are truly lucky, and shouldn't become spoilt by the affection and money afforded to them, and should never take either of their parents' presence for granted, because only Allah knows what's in store for them.

I don't see a problem with working mothers, even if they don't have to, financially speaking. The problem is when the mother (no matter how rich or poor, no matter how good or bad her career) devotes her life only to her career, and has no time for her family when she returns home, etc. Equally, a working father should never value his career over his family, or be too tired, stressed or unwilling to pay attention to his wife and children at the end of his shift.

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Women like your mum should be profoundly respected.

My mum was a single parent...she was rarely around when I was a child, as she often worked up to 3 jobs at a time, at many times being absent throughout the day as well as during the nights and the weekends. There were no lasting adverse effects of this, nor of me not having both parents present. Myself and my two siblings are all normal, well-adjusted, hardworking adults who harbour no bitterness whatsoever towards the fact that our mother worked all throughout our childhood. In fact I'm immensely proud of my mother, she got up and provided for us and in doing so, she put our absent father to shame, who was unwilling to give us even a single penny.

In fact, I think it's probably one of the reasons that we turned out so well. Myself and my sister are highly educated, wheras my brother isn't very academic, but works as hard in his job as God can possibly will him to.

In an ideal world, our mum would have been present, and our 'father' would have been out at work providing for us. But this wasn't the case. As a result, we learned just how amazing a single mother can be, who is almost always a mother, father, worker, carer, teacher and nurturer all rolled into one. We learned the value of money, the importance of hard work, and how to truly cherish those precious moments we did have with our mother.

Alhamdulillah, my mother no longer has to work. Her children are grown and she is re-married into relative wealth, yet she still continues to work (and study for degree and post-grad), as she loves what she does. She works with homeless people and drug addicts, etc. and truly makes a difference in helping people turn their lives around. I salute that.

Those who have both parents and who have a family in which one parent (preferably the mother) can stay at home are truly lucky, and shouldn't become spoilt by the affection and money afforded to them, and should never take either of their parents' presence for granted, because only Allah knows what's in store for them.

I don't see a problem with working mothers, even if they don't have to, financially speaking. The problem is when the mother (no matter how rich or poor, no matter how good or bad her career) devotes her life only to her career, and has no time for her family when she returns home, etc. Equally, a working father should never value his career over his family, or be too tired, stressed or unwilling to pay attention to his wife and children at the end of his shift.

umm hussain

Some parents are forced to work outside the house due to financial reasons especially single mothers and I don't think they should be made to feel guilty about working hard and in some cases extremely hard for their children as long as they have suitable care for them. In the case of Muslims in a very good Islamic school (which in some cases I have to admit are very rare) and either brothers or sisters who can take the children in either at weekends or after school so that they are used to being in a family unit and if they do not have a father figure in cases of reverts ad widows a brother would be ideal especially if he has his own family, or just some incompetent dad.

However if a woman has no need to work and has children I dont see why she should and 'abandon' her children to grow themselves up with influences from people who you would never want them to be with. Sadly some parents are replaced by T.V, play station etc, while they are at work their children are glued to these T.V channels and you wonder where they get their behavior or lack of it from.

If a woman really feels she has to work without the need then at least work part time. When the children are with their dad or have gone off to relatives or if they go to those very rare islamic schools you will have a couple of hours then to make some money maybe for some new Jilbabs/hijabs or better still charity or to further education.

I think furthering education is better because you never know when a husband can pass away and if you are 100% dependent on him it will be really difficult to make ends meet when he passes away especially with children involved. These qualifications can come in handy one day, couple with the part time work experience when children are away. I definitely wouldn't want to rely on my parents again because they are getting older and I will have my 'troops' with me and it will be really difficult then to make ends meet. Some people will think they can just re marry but I dont think it is that easy and most of us would like to take our time and not just rush into a marriage for financial purposes.

Schools and especially nurseries I feel are too formal for young children and they are trained to work in a certain way and are not allowed to be individuals. they cannot think or not allowed to think outside the 'box' therefore can be really shallow minded or not as clever. Considering not many of us can afford to send our children to really expensive private schools were they really teach children and children learn. State schools are not educational institution but training institutions in my humble opinion. Train to think and act according to their agendas, there fore they don't care how the children dress and I have witnessed this lots of times. Children with wild and weird hairstyles, skirts you can mistake for belts, foul language etc. You will never get this kind of attitude in Private schools. So these free education schools are definitely no good. They are free for a reason. Majority of teen pregnancies, drugs, alcohol, alcohol abuse etc come from these sort of schools. I am definitely not going to go and work if I don't have to and leave my children in that sort of care most of their lives.

Obviously some go to these schools and come out fine but sadly the majority don't and in some cases the ones with the hijab and transparent, tight clothing. loads of make up, the clean shave brothers with the trousers below the ankles, swearing and in some cases dealing in the street corners are normally a result of these training institutions. Its just a bit like saying I am at as well raise my child as a non muslim because there are some peopl who revert to Islam later and so maybe my child will be one of those. Why take the gamble.

Respect for the African American sisters who work for the families but the children grow up 'messed up' because no father figures and the kuffar have taken the 'manhood' out of their men wont let them get jobs, they are constantly in and out of prisons. Their children are raised by the system and therefore belong to the system. Inshallah Allah will keep the children of those who are forced to go to these training 'camps' due to their parents need and not want to work upon Quran and Sunnah. For surely those institutions are surely a test.

We also have to remember that we will be asked about those in our care on the day of judgment. Did you raise them upon Quran and Sunnah or did you let the non muslims raise your children according to their beliefs? Who then is to blame if they turn out like brother Globalpeace for example, lol....

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum
Me and my husband work alternating shifts this has worked out to be where one parent is home with our children at all times, make dua for us please that our situation changes and we are able to send them to islamic schools

omooba

asalam aleikum

i am sorry but i totally disagree with the direction of this conversation, i don't see any reason to make women who want to work feel like they are bad parents, i am a medical student in 4 months Insha Allah i will be a doctor i am working because i would like my cildren to have certain things that i did and other things that i didnt have but also because i WANT to work and i make no apologies for that.

When i was young i was brought up by a nanny/foster mum and i only saw my parents every other weekend this was because they were both studying in London and those years have shaped me and i consider them the best years of my life even though i love my parents and going to live with them was nice i wish my children could have an idyllic childhhod like mine.

i know people whose mothers dont work they arent any better than people whose mothers do. every parent knows what theior children need some kids need more time some kids are comfortable in nurseries.

the most important thing is attend to the childrens needs, love them and raise them upon the deen some mothers will stay at home some will work it is the mothers right to work ALLAH gave us this right and i dont think it is anybodies right to take it away from us

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I work because I have to support my family. It's quite simple. Food is needed on the table and a roof is needed over our heads.

Let us not generalize. Good mothers spend quality time with their children. They spend time teaching children love and respect and prayers. Being a good mother has nothing to do with your socio-economic status.

Formal education, private or public, is not the most important education a child learns. The most important education comes from a child's home; it is this setting that allows children to go out into the world armed to struggle with the world. Islam starts at home.

If we start to assume that a good mother stays home and a bad mother works..we start to label and divide...please only Allah knows why some women have to work and why others don't. Let us be accepting of the circumstances of others.

hairoze

I am a working mother.

Nowadays, expenses and education are so expensive. Hence to prepare for the future I don't mind to work to as long as the economy needs me.

When I feel challenged by the demands of parenthood, I think about other parents who have done so much for their childern and consider it not a sacrifice but a privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.