would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Salam.

Personally i dont think its a problem, why should it be? you have to muslim people that love each other and marry each other. so its nothing big or strange. you'll learn each others maners, and culture. if you are worried of misunderstandings, then dont because every couple has its issues, misunderstandings etc.

- manal.

Salem9022

Even if you guys want to deny it culture plays a big role in marrying someone. and plus the Ulema in Saudia advised the people to marry someone which has a similar or the same background as yours. Because later in life when you bring up your kids they will have an identity crisis. They won't fit in the Mother's background because they won't be accepted especially because most muslim muslim societies are pathriatical where you take the lineage, religion, and the ethnic background of the father. Also the language issues comes into play when you are marrying someone, like what language would that person speak when growing up, and are there other people who are married with the same cross cultural marriages as yours? these questions are important because it gives the children access to other kids who are born the same way etc. so they can have their own identity or whatever. And most of time it's very hard to find other people like that. So even if the couple are muslims which is great culture is also a big factor and Islam does not throw away the culture of people, and by marrying other people not like you, youconstantly erode the culture of that society which isn't good. But You know since I live in America from a Pakistani background, I would rather marry an American over a Pakistan anytime maybe because I don't speak Urdu(only some words) and maybe cause I've been living here since 2 years old :SMILY29: but Allahu A'lam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
yes..she is great muslim ..
and everything
she knows loads of things more than me !!
she even used to teach me!!
sso yh she converted , :p

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salamo Alikom,
My simple answer is,"yes".
I would marry a person from a different country, race, or culture.
Of cousre, he has to be a good muslim & that I like him. lol
Salamo Alikom

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
aaand Manners. Unfortunately, there are those who have the Deen but lack manners.

:salam2:
I think that deen or lets say a true muslim has to have good manners as that is an essential part of his deen/ religion.

Deen is divided into two main things:
1-Ebadat sha'arya (like prayer, Zakah, fasting,..etc)
2-Ebadat taamoolia ( which is manners_how you treat people)

Both practices are like two paralle lines. They go togather like a rail way of a train.
Both need to be there to have good deen.
:wasalam:

ja_tu_miluju

would you marry a muslim bro/sis who is from other contenent i mean other place like asia africa america.?
pleae be honest.

I have married a Muslim man from Australia and I'm from America! :-D I wouldn't have it any other way. The only problem I see is the cost of visiting families.

nizar83

selemu aleikum,
its funny you mention that..you have fear of someone marrying you just because your a citizen of the us.

i see this exact problem very often..im a moroccan muslim, born and raised in the netherlands,,,and what i see is that many brothers and sisters actually have this fear when the possibility is there of marrying someone from back in morocco.

i know i would not be scared, i put my faith in ALLAH subhanawata3ala.
we always think we can actually plan our future,,,even tho many wont admit this.
everyone has his or her own futureplans in their heads,,,yet we say im ok with anything that comes from ALLAH wether it be good or bad..meanwhile..they are a 110 % sure they would not marry someone of whom theyre scared he or she would marry her or him just to get the documentations of a certain country.

i find this dispicable and egoistic..why wouldnt i marry a decent muslima from any continent? why wouldnt i help her and her family in order to please god? who says all of these people have these bad intentions? and i asdk myself..if anyone has crooked ideas with you..would you ever come to find out on time?

we should put our faith in ALLAH alawajawazall, because he is the only 1 who always does what he promises .

selemu aleikum

syed_saalim

Slave of Allah SWT
We Can Marry.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Quran 49:13

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

in the sight of Allah Taqwa is Required not race nor wealth,ofcourse we can marry but the thing is she/he must be practising islam in his daily life

sawahil

my father and mother are from diffe back ground, I am very happy to be from mix race family, if you find some one, pray salat Istikhara and Insha'Allah things will be fine

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum

we dont allow marriage proposals on this site. What is with the brothers always hunting for newly converts. ALso, this thread is going for long so needs to be closed.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.