would you marry

Status
Not open for further replies.

justoneofmillion

this word "revert"should be banned inschallah

When I was single, 4 yrs ago, I would never ever concidered marrying a man without permanent papers in my country. I was a single mother with two children, and I had no interest in being used for a visa. Why? Because how can I trust a man I meet online? Maybe he would not be good for my children? Maybe he would treat them bad, or something. I had no guarantee for that.

Even a man living here, but illegal or without permanent papers, it could be bad, for my kids, and me. What IF he leave me when the three years are done?

And why is marriage a dream in your country, but easy outside? Because we reverts unfortunately sell ourselves too cheap. Mahr of 1 dollar? Is that right?
Assalam,Well first of all am sure the brother did not mean that,am afraid you are being a little to defensive by putting words in his mouth...and second am really having a hard time to understand this revert thing, what is this we reverts ,we born you white man we red man thing please no! sometimes it seems as if we were in some western movie or something!,this use of demarcation has become a sickness in our ummah!:astag:

It is not very wise( no matter what excuse you may find)even if unwillingly or out of"necessity "to use terms that divide Muslims using again and again and again another sort of criteria to stand out and be different in a world where publicity attracts and labels are so easy to attribute....as if there wasn`t enough Muslims doing that,"am shii,am sufi am,oh no am a moderate!!am hanbali,hanafi, salafi,wahabi,shaffi oh no am a non practising "Muslim"!!oh am a revert!or a play station muslim nigerian,hindou,...etc!!and how far are we willing to go to sacrifice that god given singularity of each individual!please stop blaming every single Muslim that doesn`t belong to your nation for what may have happened to you ,quite that,please for your own good as you may be unjust towards yourself!men and women are cheap everywhere in a broader sense ready to sell their souls to anything the price doesn`t matter,unless they are Muslims!it is in the eyes of Allah swt that we have bound ourselves to look for honor ,reward,and evaluation!

Is it not enough that Allah swt has told us that the best thing we could say is that we are Muslims?
"and the desert Arabs say "we believe"say(oh Muhammad!)faith has not yet entered you hearts until you say we have submitted our will to Allah ...(holy Quran 49:14)
ps.I believe the word"reverts"should be banned from this site however it is merely a suggestion!we could use terms like found Islam or or accepted islam,or submitted to allah swt ...that way people won`t find a way of calling themselves otherwise behind the shield of the English or any other language. i found This to be a beautiful thread please brothers and sisters check it:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20400:)
Wassalam
Jameel

Sakeena

That's what I love about Islam. No prejugdements, etc.
Race, nationality isn't a big deal, I love to see brothers and sisters from different cultures many for the sake of Allah (SWT). It's so beautiful masha'Allah!

salam,

Sakeena

BrotherZak

That's what I love about Islam. No prejugdements, etc.
Race, nationality isn't a big deal, I love to see brothers and sisters from different cultures many for the sake of Allah (SWT). It's so beautiful masha'Allah!

salam,

Sakeena

Salam good point for instance my uncle(black) married a Japanese muslims woman so i guess nationality or race is not very important.

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
black

salaam,
well i think i have a long time left to get married, but sometimes i have few arguements wid my mom, cos i always tell her dat i wanna marry some whus not form country and she says no lol.......... well i dnt have ne prob to marry ne one whether shes black,asian,or white or someone from far east but she must be a muslim or should convert into islam before gettin married.

insha Allah i would like to get married to a black revert sister... just have to find her now...

habib786

as long the person is a muslim .. why wud this matter ......... m not married as yet inshallah soon ...

allah hafiz

Almeftah

There shall be no discrimination

Finally, one of the reasons that I am in full capacity as a Muslim of the European origin is the universal declaration of equal rights that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had delivered at one of his Ceremonies on the hill of Arafat when he said:
كلكم من آدم و آدم من تراب, لا فضل لعربي علي أعجمي, و لا لأعجمي علي عربي, ولا لأبيض علي أسود و لا لاسود علي ابيض, إلاّ بالتقوي.

"You are all children of Adam, and Adam is from clay. Let there shall be no superiority of an Arab over a Non-Arab, nor shall be superiority of a Non-Arab over an Arab, and there shall be no superiority of a white over a black or a black over a white man, except by good character."

so, why not!!

for more: http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/muslims_speak_out/2007/07/mustafa_ceric.html

muna

ابنة الاسلام
ASA//

ofcorse i would, all that matters 2 me is "Islam"...if he's a good muslim then there's nothin else stops me from marrying him except Fate and i'm sure my parentz wouldn't mind inshaAllah..

by da way JzkaAlllah sis/br 4 da topic, itz well prepared.

Wsalaam

alexandra

el salam alaykom wa rahmat ALLAH

aKEED...Sure...ENSHALLAH,why not....the nationality dosn't matter,wwat counts is the understanding,trust,respect betwen a woman&a man.i know some important things about islam...i'm in a relationship with a boy from another continent,from Africa,Egypt...I'm a romanian girl.I have learnt many things since our realition started 1year ago.I want to convert in islam,i wanna be a good muslim..ENSHALLAH.if one day i will be for real a muslim i would be so proud to have islam into my life...:hijabi:

*pink niqaabi*

well i'm english and my husbands algerian so the answer to your question is yes and i would probably prefer to marry an asian over someone who is english too.

Amatullah86

looool
as salam alaykum wr wb

i have the exact same opinion brother!!

i cant see myself marrying the norm in my community, dunno why. many people have also said to me they can see me marrying someone different and i am all for interacial marriage!! why not? if it is done the correct way and to better ourselves as muslims then there shouldnt be any objections. it would widen the message of Islam and be very fruitful for the families and future children. and about the children, mixed race kids are gorgeous-i wouldnt mind a few myself lolol

ramadham mubarak to all by the way!

wa alaykum salam wr wb
:salam2:

Subhan'Allah, that's exactly what many people were saying about me. And they were right, cause I'm Somalian and the brother who asked my hand for marriage is Egyptian. We will prepare the nikaah very soon, so make du3a for us please.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Amatullah86

I forgot to mention that I'm new here and I want to give props to whomever created this site. May Allah Subhana Wata'ala reward you for the efforts. It's masha'Allah to see that Islam is the world's largest growing religion.

:allahuakbar:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
well.. yh i dont mind .
but i would like to marry some unbeliever to show them islam,and if they convert ill marry them :) etc.

Almeftah

as an arab i would rather marry an arab woman, and if i was to marry from another contenent then she mast speake arabic.

i had a non-arabic speaker friend once, actually he wasnt a muslim, but whenever we went seperate i felt like i miss speaking arabic, feels like living alone in a foreign country for a long time.. :)

massi

if she is rich woman i don't care about her background
:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:
:SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335:
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

summertime

sister :)
hmmmm..I'd marry someone from any continent....i want to have children who are tolerant and respect different cultures, and i thin kthe best way to do that is to get married to someone from a completely different culture!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.