your favorite hadith?

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

here is my favorite :D

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

[Al-Tirmidhi relates this and says: It is a good, genuine Hadith]

if you need to search for your favorite hadith... scroll down to (almost) the bottom of page
http://www.sultan.org/

another link
http://www.abdurrahman.org/sunnah/indexHadith.html

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

"Allah's Messanger (sallalahu aleihi wa ssalam )said:
"The world is a prison for a believer and paradise for a non-believer"
(Muslim)

waaleikum salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam aleikum

"Allah's Messanger (sallalahu aleihi wa ssalam )said:
"The world is a prison for a believer and paradise for a non-believer"
(Muslim)

waaleikum salam

oooh i second that one sister. i can't actually say i have a favorite hadith. cause i'm in love with most of the hadeeths. but i like this one especially. the one sister aisha has posted now. salam. i'm a flip flop person. don't worry i'll probably say another is also my fav. :salam2::hijabi:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
oooh i second that one sister. i can't actually say i have a favorite hadith. cause i'm in love with most of the hadeeths. but i like this one especially. the one sister aisha has posted now. salam. i'm a flip flop person. don't worry i'll probably say another is also my fav. :salam2::hijabi:

:lol: :)

a_brother

Make dua for us all

my other two favorite hadiths

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon.'"

On the authority of Abu Dharr Al-Ghafari, of the prophet is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord is that He said:

"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.

O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and you will not attain benefiting Me so as to benefit Me. O my servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to become as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if put into it.

O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself."

Related by Muslim

BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL hadiths :ma:

source for more by imam Nawawi (forty hadith): http://www.abdurrahman.org/sunnah/40hadithnawawi.html

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam.

One of the best hadith

"Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

I also like the the prisoner hadith posted by the earlier poster that i had not heard before.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum Salaam,

When I read this hadith, SubhanAllah, I felt like I had just been punched, it hit me so hard I nearly cried.

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), Allah's Messenger (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

'My similitude in comparison with the other Prophets before me is similar to a palace built nicely and beautifully, except for a placement of one brick. The onlookers go about it and wonder at the beauty of its construction except for the place of that one brick; so I am that brick, and I am the Seal of the Prophets.'

[Bukhari; 'Mishkat al-Masabih', volume 4 chapter 155, 44 no.7]

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

Very nice topic!

Narrated An-Nu'man (radiAllahu anhu):
I heard the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) saying, "The person who will have the least punishment from amongst the Hell Fire people on the Day of Resurrection, will be a man under whose arch of the feet a smoldering ember will be placed so that his brain will boil because of it."

Bukhari Vol. 8 : No. 566

For me, this serves as a reminder that Hell isn't a joke. The word 'least' is scary.. and alhumduliLlah, effective.

May Allah shower us with His Mercy, and save us from hell. Ameen.

As-salaamu'alaykum

a_brother

Make dua for us all

great ahadith and reminders... Jazakom Allah Kair

I know there are more brother and sisters in this form than the ones who replied... come on now, press the reply button and share your favorite hadith :D

Mairo

Maryama

great ahadith and reminders... Jazakom Allah Kair

I know there are more brother and sisters in this form than the ones who replied... come on now, press the reply button and share your favorite hadith :D

Yes, but it is hard to choose a favorite ONE . . . there are soooooo many :)

There is one that often comes to mind for me, I do not have the exact reference right now, when I have time to research I will find it and post it (or if someone else knows the reference & can post it).

But the story goes something like this, there was a man who came to the prophet and he was feeling overwhelmed by all of the different Islamic laws and rules & regulations. So he asked the prophet for one simple thing that he could hold on to, the thing that is the most important to recognize. And the prophet told him: to Believe in the Lord Allah Almighty, alone without partner, and to act upright, he said there are no greater commands than those.

:wasalam:

danyal_1992

Allah(swt) has sent Prophet(saw) as a mercy to all of the worlds.We Muslims have faith in Allah and his messenger.We love Allah and his messenger.We Muslims love every hadith of the Prophet(saw) .He(saw) was the best example for every human being in every aspects. So wat is favorite? that is a stupid ques to ask.plzz close this thread.every hadith of Prophet Muhammad(saw) is fav to us.

Mumin01

Allah(swt) has sent Prophet(saw) as a mercy to all of the worlds.We Muslims have faith in Allah and his messenger.We love Allah and his messenger.We Muslims love every hadith of the Prophet(saw) .He(saw) was the best example for every human being in every aspects. So wat is favorite? that is a stupid ques to ask.plzz close this thread.every hadith of Prophet Muhammad(saw) is fav to us.

its not disrespecting the Prophet PBUH by posting only one hadith that you really love and that reaches out to you. Its not any insult to Allah and His messegner if you post on you really like, all the Prophet's PBUH words were wise and meaningful

theres no need to close this thread

Mairo

Maryama
So wat is favorite? that is a stupid ques to ask.plzz close this thread.every hadith of Prophet Muhammad(saw) is fav to us.

Salaam brother,
Please reconsider the words and tone you use to address your brothers and sisters in Islam. To address someone as "stupid", especially a brother or sister in islam, is degrading. In the future please try to choose your words more carefully, words that will bring about a feeling of warmth and camraderie, instead of a feeling of aversion or repulsion.

Even if someone does have good intentions or is seeking to provide a helpful correction or another perspective, it is important to use the best manners possible. This is a reminder for ALL of us. As our prophet said, bad manners spoil a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.

As brother Mumin pointed out, no one here was suggesting that there is only one hadith that is better or more important than any others. The thread was just an opportunity to share some hadith that have affected each one of us with our brothers and sisters.

May Allah increase us in kindness, affection, peace and understanding with our interactions with one another.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Salaam brother,
Please reconsider the words and tone you use to address your brothers and sisters in Islam. To address someone as "stupid", especially a brother or sister in islam, is degrading. In the future please try to choose your words more carefully, words that will bring about a feeling of warmth and camraderie, instead of a feeling of aversion or repulsion.

Even if someone does have good intentions or is seeking to provide a helpful correction or another perspective, it is important to use the best manners possible. This is a reminder for ALL of us. As our prophet said, bad manners spoil a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.

As brother Mumin pointed out, no one here was suggesting that there is only one hadith that is better or more important than any others. The thread was just an opportunity to share some hadith that have affected each one of us with our brothers and sisters.

May Allah increase us in kindness, affection, peace and understanding with our interactions with one another.

:salam2: Mairo :)

Jazakom Allah Kair for your reply, I couldn't say it any better than what you did... tried to reply before your replied but couldn't say it better than what you did as i didn't want to sound personal/rude... Jazakom Allah Kair

Brother Danyal, Please be considerate with your replies :)