your favorite Surah/aya ?

safiya58

:salam2:

Have you guys got any favorite surahs/ayas which you like to receite in salah or in general?

My favorits are AN-Nasr and Al-Kawthar

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

When comes the Help of Allah (to you, O Muhammad (Peace be upon him) against your enemies) and the conquest (of Makkah),
And you see that the people enter Allah's religion (Islam) in crowds
So glorify the Praises of your Lord, and ask for His Forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts the repentance and forgives.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Verily, We have granted you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) Al-Kauthar (a river in Paradise); Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only.For he who makes you angry (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him), - he will be cut off (from every good thing in this world and in the Hereafter).

I like Al-Kawthar bec it shows me how much I "own" with beeing a muslim and all the other worldly things my heart desiered but cut no get seem to be so unimportant beside that.

and I like An-Nasr bec it reminds us at the hard struggle of our Prophet (s.a.w) and the sahaba (r.a.) and their final victory...

:wasalam:

..DuA..

Assalam alaikum
Nice topic my dear sis =)
My favourite Surah-Ayah is everything contained in the Holy Qur'an =)
The Qur'an is a wonderful masterpiece,and so I love all of the surahs =)

Inna Lilahi wa Ina Lilahi RaJihun

meaning ;

"To Allah we belong and to Him do we return. (2:156)"

Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny( Surah Ar-Rahman )

[Duha 93:3] Your Lord has not forsaken you nor does He dislike you!

[Inshirah 94:5] So indeed with hardship is ease.

[Inshirah 94:6] Indeed with hardship is ease.

[Inshirah 94:7] So when you finish the prayer, strive in supplication.

[Inshirah 94:8] And incline towards your Lord.

"Is not Allah sufficient for His servant?"
[Surah az Zumar, ayaah 36]

ALSO ;

Surat Ya'sin, Ar-rahman,

oups =)
ı cant choose =) The Qur'an as a whole is motivating =)

May Allah make an easy affair for all of us on the Judgement day ...
Ameeen...​

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
This thread can be become very inspirational with Ramadhan around the corner...jazaki allah every khair for it habibati fi Allah!..

As for my favorite Surah...

I would have to say it is Surat Maryam (Chapter 19)...

Ever since I was a little child I loved this surah..I would have my mom sit next to me and help me read it when I was still learning how to read..and as the years I passed and I got older..I would make wudu'u and sit in a quiet place just to read it (this is before I practiced)..from beginning to end..each event mentioned in this surah (especially that of the birth of Sayidina Al-Maseeh (as)) is tremendously moving..sobhanallah!..I do not need to say that I love the whole Qura'an of course as that's *a given*..but sobhanallah..my heart yearns for this surah in particular all the time!..and I am moved by it the most..sobhanallah!

sayid1

This thread can be become very inspirational with Ramadhan around the corner...jazaki allah every khair for it habibati fi Allah!..

As for my favorite Surah...

I would have to say it is Surat Maryam (Chapter 19)...

Ever since I was a little child I loved this surah..I would have my mom sit next to me and help me read it when I was still learning how to read..and as the years I passed and I got older..I would make wudu'u and sit in a quiet place just to read it (this is before I practiced)..from beginning to end..each event mentioned in this surah (especially that of the birth of Sayidina Al-Maseeh (as)) is tremendously moving..sobhanallah!..I do not need to say that I love the whole Qura'an of course as that's *a given*..but sobhanallah..my heart yearns for this surah in particular all the time!..and I am moved by it the most..sobhanallah!

sobhanallah! I had never heard surat Maryam before, when i read your message i said to myself i must hear this, and MASHALLAH what an amazing surat it is wow! is all i can say, sobhanAllah!

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

I love all of the surahs and espacialy

Yussuf

نَحْنُ نَقُصُّ عَلَيْكَ أَحْسَنَ الْقَصَصِ بِمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ هَـذَا الْقُرْآنَ وَإِن كُنتَ مِن قَبْلِهِ لَمِنَ الْغَافِلِين

We narrate unto thee ( Muhammad ) the best of narratives in that We have inspired in thee this Quran , though aforetime thou wast of the heedless

it's about Syedna "Yussuf" (peace be upon him) story, a great story that i've learnt it hamdulillah. it's long but to easy to learn

Maryam

قَالَ رَبِّ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَكَانَتِ امْرَأَتِي عَاقِراً وَقَدْ بَلَغْتُ مِنَ الْكِبَرِ عِتِيّا

Who shall inherit of me and inherit ( also ) of the house of Jacob . And make him , my Lord , acceptable ( unto Thee ) .

قَالَ كَذَلِكَ قَالَ رَبُّكَ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَقَدْ خَلَقْتُكَ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ تَكُ شَيْئاً
( It was said unto him ) : O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John ; We have given the same name to none before ( him ) .

it talks about many Prophets and messengers .

May Allah make an easy affair for all of us on the Judgement day Ameen

wa salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allah

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I remember a similar thread to this one before. Anyway here is my favorites.

A) Surah al-Qiyaamah from Ayah number 26 till the end of the Surah. Here is the meaning.

"26. Nay, when (the soul) reaches to the collar bone (i.e. up to the throat in its exit),

27. And it will be said: "Who can cure him and save him from death?"

28. And he (the dying person) will conclude that it was (the time) of departing (death);

29. And leg will be joined with another leg (shrouded)

30. The drive will be, on that Day, to your Lord (Allah)!

31. So he (the disbeliever) neither believed (in this Qur'an, in the Message of Muhammad ) nor prayed!

32. But on the contrary, he belied (this Qur'an and the Message of Muhammad ) and turned away!

33. Then he walked in full pride to his family admiring himself!

34. Woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!

35. Again, woe to you [O man (disbeliever)]! And then (again) woe to you!

36. Does man think that he will be left Suda [neglected without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord (Allah) on him]?

37. Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge of semen) poured forth?

38. Then he became an 'Alaqa (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.

39. And made him in two sexes, male and female.

40. Is not He (Allah Who does that), Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things)."

B) Surah al-Qaaf from Verse Number 17 to 35.

"17. (Remember!) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being after he or she has attained the age of puberty), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions) .

18. Not a word does he (or she) utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).

19. And the stupor of death will come in truth: "This is what you have been avoiding!"

20. And the Trumpet will be blown, that will be the Day whereof warning (had been given) (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).

21. And every person will come forth along with an (angel) to drive (him), and an (angel) to bear witness.

22. (It will be said to the sinners): "Indeed you were heedless of this, now We have removed your covering, and sharp is your sight this Day!"

23. And his companion (angel) will say: "Here is (this Record) ready with me!"

24. (And it will be said): "Both of you throw (Order from Allah to the two angels) into Hell, every stubborn disbeliever (in the Oneness of Allah, in His Messengers, etc.).

25. "Hinderer of good, transgressor, doubter,

26. "Who set up another ilah (god) with Allah, then (both of you) cast him in the severe torment."

27. His companion (Satan devil)] will say: "Our Lord! I did not push him to transgress, (in disbelief, oppression, and evil deeds) but he was himself in error far astray."

28. Allah will say: "Dispute not in front of Me, I had already, in advance, sent you the threat.

29. The Sentence that comes from Me cannot be changed, and I am not unjust (to the least) to the slaves."

30. On the Day when We will say to Hell: "Are you filled?" It will say: "Are there any more (to come)?"

31. And Paradise will be brought near to the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2) not far off.

32. (It will be said): "This is what you were promised, - (it is) for those oft-returning (to Allah) in sincere repentance, and those who preserve their covenant with Allah (by obeying Him in all what He has ordered, and worship none but Allah Alone, i.e. follow Allah's Religion, Islamic Monotheism).

33. "Who feared the Most Beneficent (Allah) in the Ghaib (unseen): (i.e. in this worldly life before seeing and meeting Him), and brought a heart turned in repentance (to Him - and absolutely free from each and every kind of polytheism),

34. "Enter you therein in peace and security; this is a Day of eternal life!"

35. There they will have all that they desire, and We have more (for them, i.e. a glance at the All-Mighty, All-Majestic Ìá ÌáÇáå )."

It makes me cry when I read them any time. Subuhaanallah! Ya Allah! Protect me from Jahannam and its people. Ameen.

wassalam 'alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuh

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
I love all of the surahs and espacialy

Yussuf

نَحْنُ نَقُصُّ عَلَيْكَ أَحْسَنَ الْقَصَصِ بِمَا أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ هَـذَا الْقُرْآنَ وَإِن كُنتَ مِن قَبْلِهِ لَمِنَ الْغَافِلِين

We narrate unto thee ( Muhammad ) the best of narratives in that We have inspired in thee this Quran , though aforetime thou wast of the heedless

it's about Syedna "Yussuf" (peace be upon him) story, a great story that i've learnt it hamdulillah. it's long but to easy to learn

Maryam

قَالَ رَبِّ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَكَانَتِ امْرَأَتِي عَاقِراً وَقَدْ بَلَغْتُ مِنَ الْكِبَرِ عِتِيّا

Who shall inherit of me and inherit ( also ) of the house of Jacob . And make him , my Lord , acceptable ( unto Thee ) .

قَالَ كَذَلِكَ قَالَ رَبُّكَ هُوَ عَلَيَّ هَيِّنٌ وَقَدْ خَلَقْتُكَ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ تَكُ شَيْئاً
( It was said unto him ) : O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John ; We have given the same name to none before ( him ) .

it talks about many Prophets and messengers .

May Allah make an easy affair for all of us on the Judgement day Ameen

wa salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allah

As salamu alaikkum my brother in islam. The verse you gave from Surah maryam, are Ma shaAllah beautiful, but you have given either the wrong wrong arabic verses for the english translation, or the wrong english translation for the arabic verses. The actual ayah in arabic for the first verse you showed (Who shall inherit...) will start of as "yarithuni wa yarithu min aali y'aqub."

The second verse about zakariya will start like this >> "Ya zakariyya, Inna nubashiruka bi ghulam"

P.S Like sister a_muslimah said, this surah is indeed very beautiful and for some reason, for the last past few weeks it has been stuck to my head. Indeed the words of Allah T'ala are the best.

slave_of_Allah

Masha'Allah what a beautiful thread.

The whole Qur'an is so beautiful - but this one ayah I love so much, it really makes me cry.

"And when My servants ask you about Me, I am indeed close: I listening to the prayer of every praying person when he calls on Me: So let them also, listen to My call, and believe in Me, so that they may walk straight."
(Al – Qur’an 2:186)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:D

I too like surah Maryama, SubhanaAllah! it's sooooooooo beautiful and my second one would be Al-Qiyamah! truely the WOrds of Allah are beautiful!

Allah hafiz now and always!:D

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Surah Yaseen I generally read aloud, it gives peace...
Surah Al-Isra has a special sound in me ...
I dont know why but whenever I hear the first verse of that surah
untill the end I feel a great impulse to cry, my eyes fill instantly:SMILY23:
Whenever I need to come closer to Allah I listen Al-Hashr,
this really helps :) everyone can try :hijabi:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for your beautiful thread.:)

I love the most Surah Maryam,Surah Yusuf and Surah Yaseen.SubhanAllah.

May Allah bless you:tti_sister:

safiya58

jazak Allahu ckair all my brothers and sisters for sharring your favorite aya/ sura from Quran. very inspirational to read your replys :hearts: