Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.
Wa alaykum salam ...

Welcome. Try and take one step at a time.

We all sin. Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam (peace be upon him) has said the best of sinners is the one who repents. Allah has created us a nation of sinners. Use your sins to remain humble and ask for forgiveness. Allah is All Merciful and he would readily accept your repentence if you are sincere.

Try live in a balance of hope and fear. Hope that Allah will forgive you for everything but don't let it be to the extent that you become complacent. Fear Allah but don't take it to extremes. Strike a balance.

We are told that if you go walking toward Allah he comes running toward you. Be sincere and talk to him from your heart whilst you make dua (supplicate).

Hoda7993

Al salamu aleikum

I reverted 4 months ago... I was born and raised in a christian dominate home. I believed in God as a child, but my beliefs did not seem to fit quite right with what I was being forced to acknowledge. I never agreed with the idea of the Trinity, it makes no sense,or being born into sin, or that Jesus(PBUH) was a mediator, Why would God "Need" a mediator? etc.

if you put a follower of each denomination within christianity in the same room to discuss their beliefs on Chistianity, they will each have different opinions and views on the Bible and God.

Islam is peaceful and balanced perfectly. personally i feel that people should stop listening to media when it comes to Islam, Islam is not Terrorism..

Muhannad2

mashallah

I reverted 4 months ago... I was born and raised in a christian dominate home. I believed in God as a child, but my beliefs did not seem to fit quite right with what I was being forced to acknowledge. I never agreed with the idea of the Trinity, it makes no sense,or being born into sin, or that Jesus(PBUH) was a mediator, Why would God "Need" a mediator? etc.

if you put a follower of each denomination within christianity in the same room to discuss their beliefs on Chistianity, they will each have different opinions and views on the Bible and God.

Islam is peaceful and balanced perfectly. personally i feel that people should stop listening to media when it comes to Islam, Islam is not Terrorism..

welcome to Islam .. mashallah sister may allah guide you

RATIB

Am Muslim not by convert but by birth. Since my childhood i had never really asked my self as to why i was a Muslim, to me being called JUMA was enough to be a Muslim. As a child i was not so connected to the deen and in secondary since i was at a Muslim founded school many of the Muslim activities i carried out was just a routine not that i really attached to much importance.

But at campus i just enjoyed life and to me so long as i prayed that was it. But little by little i began to attend daraa's at the campus mosque, bought CD's, DVD's for dawa. I must say that these some how had some impact on me but still i was not so devoted, i could listen to the Dawa and not put in practice any of what i had learn't.

But after campus i looked for a job for some time for some few months and it took me sometime to get one. I decided to use my time to learn how to read the quran and try to understand more my Islam. I was staying with a certain aunt of mine who passed away suddenly some few years. Like Allah says that if he wants to warn you he take's one among you such that you may know that you are the next. The death of my aunt made me to think more of Allah but still i was not that all focused to Allah's will submission.

But on certain Friday as i was going back home, i met some two gentlemen carrying a dead body. They had a saloon car and they at first wanted to put the corpse in the boot but they later changed their minds and put it in the back sit.

I stood for some few minutes and i told my self that when you are dead you are like trash, the beautiful body that u pose with when you are live is really nothing. Death is a "disease" that kills you slowly by slowly but for us we think that you will just continue living day after day, night by night and when we are planning we never think of death that is why we don't think of Allah. Much as you see people dying they don't get lessons? All we do is to celebrate our birthday's not knowing that a birth day signifies that your lifetime on this earth is reducing.

From the day i met those gentlemen trying to put the corpse in the boot, i started to think more about ALLAH'S MIGHTY and learn't that one day i will be in that same state.I pray to ALLAH that i die with some dignity.

That was my story to submitting to ALLAH"S will and am still trying hard to make ALLAH my number one friend.

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
A good friend of mine introduced me to Islam. I was an athiest before, and I am thankful that Allah has guided me towards the Truth!
:bismillah1:

louise_soso

:salam2:
i studyied it as a GCSE at school our exam was on hajj and the similarities between christianity and islam . and al7mdulilah soon after i said shahada just before i finished school. :D

Shak78

I was raised in a home that wasn't all that religious, my mom was agnostic and my Grandparents were Reformed Christian (Dutch). I went to Sunday School with my Grandparents until i was about 10. I always had so many questions when it came to Christianity and especially the Holy Trinity. No one could answer my questions about it and just told me to accept it, I couldn't. I told my Mom I was going to search for my own religion and she had no issue with it as she was sent to Christian Schools and had it forced down her throat from birth. I studied all the major religions, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam ect and I kept coming back to Islam. I studied for over 2 years and finally felt Islam was the one I felt the most at peace with so I studied Islam for another year and had no doubts. I now know that Allah opened my heart to Islam during that time.

I took Shahada while I lived in Chattanooga during my time at University there but fell out of Islam a couple years later. Since my mothers death in 2008 I have grown in my Deen with Allah and have become more devout. Inshallah I will begin wearing Hijab soon, I have been working my way there. Allah blessed me with a wonderful son in Sept 2009 who has made my life so much better each day. I am married as well.

spider33

I am hoping to become a muslim....but I am not sure how to do it, I apologise if that sounds very stupid. But I have always been christian, I was raised to be a christian. I have christian friends and I am friends with a christian pastor too.....but I have always felt empty when it came to christianity.....I have always found that islam has so much more to offer me than christianity has ever had......I am not saying christianity is bad, far from it....I am just saying that I feel islam has more answers for me and I wish to embrace it more with help :)

UmmIsaiah

Welcome

It does not sound stupid at all coming from a christian family I completle understand what you mean. I would advise you to look thru your local phone book and find a masjid close to you and speak with someone there. If you can not find then feel free to ask someone here if they know of one in your town insha'Allah (God willing ) someone will be of assistance.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I am hoping to become a muslim....but I am not sure how to do it, I apologise if that sounds very stupid. But I have always been christian, I was raised to be a christian. I have christian friends and I am friends with a christian pastor too.....but I have always felt empty when it came to christianity.....I have always found that islam has so much more to offer me than christianity has ever had......I am not saying christianity is bad, far from it....I am just saying that I feel islam has more answers for me and I wish to embrace it more with help :)

Hello brother in humanity.

May Allah subhan wa teala guide you to Islaam. Alhamdulillah it is good from Allah that you came on Islamic site,and Inshallah with his help and with the help of Muslim brothers and sisters here that you learn about Islam and accept Islam- the only truth religion from Allah, Inshallah.

May Allah help you brother and open your heart toward Islam. Inshallah you can open thread on TTI after some time and ask any questions related for Islaam, which you do not understand.We all will be happy to help you for the sake of Allah. :hijabi:

May Allah bless you. :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

A_Happy_Convert

Assalamo alaikum,

My name is Jamila and I'm an American girl who has converted to Islam. Alhomdolillah that I am Muslim

Most people always ask how I found Islam and this is my story:

I discovered Islam about a year and a half ago while I was still living in California. While I was waiting for a friend, I found a copy of the Holy Quran on a bookshelf and picked it up. I couldn't put it down.

Let me give you a little background about myself: I grew up in the Midwest of USA and it's a very Christian place to live. When I was little, my mom and stepdad took me to church but as time went on my mom lost interest in the church. I became filled with questions that nobody could answer. When I was about 12 years old I used to ride my bike to the library to do research on all the different religions. I didn't want to be Catholic just because my mom was. So I was determined to take one or two books on each religion and find out which one made the most sense to me. After about a year of this, I was still feeling like I was in a maze of dead ends.

By the time I was 21, I started going by myself to a really nice Christian (not Catholic) church. I went a few times a week and eventually ended up teaching Sunday School to the children. During this time, I learned SO much about the Bible and the Prophets. (Thanks to Allah for this because if I would not have known these things already, the Quran would have seemed a little crazy to me. For example: "what do you mean Moses threw a stick and it turned into a snake??!!" Alhomdolillah that it all made sense) Anyways I still felt like something was missing. Eventually I moved to California by myself and that's where I found the Quran.

While I was living in LA, my lifestyle was starting to interfere with my religious beliefs. I mean, how could I read the Quran during the day but then go out with my friends to nightclubs at night? They didn't understand that I didn't want to be a part of any of that and that I was searching for a life that was more meaningful and valuable than partying and living the "life." After a while, I realized I couldn't possibly live there anymore. For some reason I had these visions and feelings to move to Morocco. I had never been there before but something was telling me to just go! I had hardly any money but a lot of iman. So I quit my job, sold everything I owned and packed one suitcase. I called my parents, told them I was leaving and moving to Africa alone. They thought I was crazy but they supported me anyway.

So now here I am in Morocco, surrounded by my Muslim brothers and sisters who not only accept what I believe in, but encourage me as well. Now I live alone in a small house next to a mosque and I'm very happy. I have finally found the peace and happiness I was looking for and alhomdolillah that I'm here. I pray my 5 prayers everyday, recite surahs in Arabic, and have the freedom to wear hijab and jellaba.

Allah is Amazing and I'm so thankful to be Muslim.

Abu Ameerah

Peace Be Upon All of You, Brothers and Sisters

Your stories are amazing and beautiful...I got emotional and shed tears from my eyes...Subhanallh...Allah guides whom He wanted to guide...may Allah guide us all and make as a good believers...Jazakumullaho Khairan Fee Donya Wa Fel Akhirah for sharing your stories...

Isa_

I was raised a Catholic but had serious issues with what I saw as the blatant corruption of faith in the trinity and worship of Mary and Jesus, plus praying towards statues and the eucharist. By the time of secondary school I was brought up in front of the head of RE for writing in an exam paper about the idolatry and pagan influences upon religious celebrations in Christianity (this didn't go down too well in a Catholic school as you might imagine!).

So I was pretty much a believer with a broadly Christian monotheist stance. I was leading a life of generally decent behaviour, with the occasional drop into debauchery which seemed like a lot of fun at the time until one night in a taxi I got talking to the driver who was a Muslim after sticking up for him against some drunk guys who were intolerant. We discussed Islam and beliefs until he gave me an English copy of The Quran which I read over the following months.

I accepted almost all teachings without question; stopped eating pork, severely reduced alcohol consumption etc but did not make the final commitment and reversion until after the birth of my daughter when I finally knew that the answer had been in front of me all this time. The moment I looked into her eyes I kissed her and recited the shahaddah in her ear, the greatest day of my life.

That's the short version at least :)

lucifer1306217

I am a muslim the moment i was born,alhamdhulillah.
i came from a 100% muslim community,where i saw my grandmom,mom and dad praying, reaading qur'an,fasting,giving zakath and going to hajj and umra.all my frnds,family members and whole city is muslim.we have 5 mosques in 2/3 mile.so i hear the azan from 3 mosques together every prayer time.
were taught to read qur'an and pray,.we start to fast whn we are as little as 4yrs.i did my 1st fast when i was 4yrs..it was my first real fast.b4 my mother used to keep me half day,telling that i get 2.when others get one,just to feed me.lol
when we start to go school at age of 7.they have religion as a compulsory subject.called subject islam.we have this subject till grade 7.starting with who is allah and prophet,what is shareea and the flower and tree of eemaan to what is marriage,shareeaa,the tourment in hell,grave.,judgment day,and learning qur;an and meaning by heart.
m very proud to say,all of my family and frnds know all the majors in islam,and after high school we are improing our iman by learning qur;an by heart with its meaning.

CoolServant

fuh...really took me a while to read all the stories here.....very inspiring, touching and amazing....all praise to Allah

amalia1234

Dear Sister, I hope your Father is Ok now. the post was many years a go. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Inshaa Allah.
may Allah Guid your father and all of us to right path.
Your Sister
Amal from Saudi Arabia