Ibn Uthaymin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 70, Number 545
    Dont worry Al fajr, your not being bossy. I have lots to learn so i appreciate your feedback.

Ma`asalaama
    I've mostly heard that word expressed by non-muslims when they refer to themselves as being extremely drunk. I knew you meant you would just be 'annoyed'. How about 'ticked off' ? sounds better!

I wouldn't expect that word to be used by a Muslim. Would you be okay saying that word in front of your parents? Or maybe just some other person you respect? Thats the yardstick I generally use for keeping restrictions on my own language.

I don't mean to be bossy or dictatorial, sorry if it comes accross this way.

Wa-salaam
    What?? That's really bad! I've never seen or heard any Bangalis doing that in the mosque, it's just a disrespectful and disgusting thing to do. How can they even pray properly or with a clean heart when they think that way?

Seriously, anyone making racist comments, even if it's muttered, should not be allowed to enter the mosque. Hang up signs, or just give a verbal warning in general..and then enforce it. What losers. If I ever heard it and if I already had a short temper that day, I'd drag them out of the mosque by the beard or make them stand at the back.

About Dhaka, I kinda thought it was too crowded and noisy. We went to Chittagong too and it was a bit nicer. And about rice and curry, last year I learnt how to cook different types of chicken curry. I've made it for other friends and they all like it, but my mum told me over the phone that it's a very "primitive and basic curry" lol.
    Hmm, well it's something that I've heard - I haven't really seen many Sylhetis. Is that racist towards black people as in from other countries, or even within BD? If it's within, I think it would be a similar situation within all of BD. Anyways, I think my dad is from Mymenshing (spelt right?) and my mum's side is from Kishorgonj (??)..but I'd say the base is Dhaka as a big city. I went to BD in 1993 when I was 5 years old...and the next time was in 2010 (last year!) for only 10 days. Other than that, I've never been to BD.

And lol at rice and curry. I'll tell you what, when I first started uni, I had to go off and live at a college (aka hostel/dorm, etc), and the food was different - steak and potatoes, spaghetti, sunday roast and so on - for about a month I was really happy. And then after that, I just got sick AS of mashed potatoes and other western food. Seriously, bhat and torkari is the best! And I eat with my hand too - none of this knife and fork business.
    I also heard that Sylheti people, on average, are more religious than other Bangalis! Hmmm. And wait a sec.. they have GCSE bangla (as a subject)?? That's amazing.

I'm not a typical "Asian". Sheesh. You know, I wanted to be a movie director at one point --- and I still make some short films. I even did a short film-directing course in my final year of high school. My mum said I could become a director....after I become a doctor lol. And then I could "direct medical films". Nah, I wanted to be a doctor too. If not this, then maybe an intelligence officer for some government agency.

How many siblings do you have?
    Assalam alaikum again.

Good guesses..but my last name isn't Ahmed or Askari. Is Askari a common bangali last name? It sounds more Omani/arabic to me. And yes, that indicates my age. I did A levels back in 2005. Almost the same subjects!

So, are you sylheti? I'm just guessing lol. Most Bangalis in the UK are from what I remember and have heard. I want to learn proper Bangla inshAllah. It's hard talking to Uncles and Aunties properly, because I can never speak the "Upne" polite form properly!

I'm studying medicine btw. In 4th year at the moment.
    Assalam alaikum bro,
    Kamon achen? Lol my bangla isn't that great. I'm still a university student, but not a geneticist. That stuff can become way too detailed and hard, lol. Each letter of DNA is actually the initials of my name! (it's a secret) And guess when I was born? What are you studying?
    :D thank God im not in canada lol :D the snow SUbhanAllah is so beautiful to see :p when u r inside the house lol but when u go outside u are freezing urself lol :) MashALlah man
    i heard London has a huge amount of muslim population :)
    Im more confused than u, you came from nowhere talking about something.. what is it you are talking about?? i didnt mention anyrhing about oppressive rulers recently
    What are you on about? Did I ask you a 'yes or no' question? Are you talking about Abu Eesa? If yes then I asked you who he is.
    well whats so good about riba that the kuffar uses it?? bank gets more money, while people gets more to pay back.. is that their logic?
    About women marrying wali sounds strange. though there are daleel that says the sultan can marry off the female if the wali is not good. But in that case the sultan is wali so marrying a woman without wali sounds strange. What's Riba Nasee'ah? I know what riba is.
    I see brother. I have nothing against people saying there were female prophets. But since I was little I used to like to read the names of prophets. And all were males and they were 25 prophets. May Allah have mercy on Shaykh Ibn Hajar al-'asqalânî
    :wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .

Jazakallah khair akhi, i was wondering what did you shaykh say about that ayah, did you ask about that ayah akhi??

barakallah fik and eid mubarak.
    :wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. . .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…