5 Weeks Before Ramadan!!

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Assalaamu alaykum

I received this in a mail and wanted to share it :)

wa :salam2:

ALL TAKEN FROM ‘AMEENA’S RAMADAN DIARY’

‘Heart Focus’ Week

· Make Tawbah Nasooha

· Listen to Islamic lectures. Choose a scholar and topic that you feel will motivate you and get your heart into the right state

· Read Islamic books about self development and purifying the heart

· Do your best to pray all your Salah on time

· Ensure that you pray the sunnah al-mu’akkadah rak’at with your five daily fard prayers

· Actively focus on improving your kushoo’ in salah by spending more time on it and concentrating on what you are saying.

· Allocate time to doing tasbeeha and istighfar, especially after salah.

HOW TO MAKE TAWBAH

Tawbah consists of three parts: Knowledge, repentance and determination

Knowledge: If you have knowledge of Islam then you will recognise your sins and understand why they are harmful for you and know what the punishment is if you continue to do those sins. You must also have sincere faith and devotion to Allah, because if you know that something displeases/angers Him then you will feel bad about doing it.

Repentance: Once you understand that the sins you have done are harmful and that you have earned Allah’s displeasure, then you will feel bad about having sinned. You will feel deep regret and remorse, even grief at having committed those sins.

Determination: When you feel so bad about doing those sins, then you will refrain from doing them and be determined never to do them again, especially if you know what the harmful effects and punishment are for those actions.

If you have committed a sin involving taking away someone else’s rights, then you must return those rights and ask forgiveness from that person also. (Adapted from Imam al-Ghazali, Ihya Ulumuddin, translated by Maulana Fazlul Karim, Taj Company, 1982, Vol. 4)

TIPS TO HELP YOU STAY AWAY FROM SINS:

· Stay away from the places of sinning

· Keep yourself in the company of those who remember Allah

· Keep your hands busy with useful work and your tongue busy with remembrance of Allah

· Understand the harmful effect of sins and read about the punishment for sinning

· Remind yourself about the rewards from doing good deeds, both in this life and in the hereafter

May Allah keep our hearts seeking for his knowledge, and May He bless and protect all of our families.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome........

This will be my very FIRST Ramadan since I took my shahada this past March and I am TERRIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I may need alot of help getting through it and I will be posting for support PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pray for me!!!! Im scared!!!! :tti_sister:

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah

This will be my very FIRST Ramadan since I took my shahada this past March and I am TERRIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I may need alot of help getting through it and I will be posting for support PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pray for me!!!! Im scared!!!! :tti_sister:

Wa alaaykumu ssalaamu wa rahmatuLlah

may Allah make everything easier for you!
InshaAllah just make sure to take advantage of that holy month and get closer to Allah swt...inshaAllah HE will make everything easier for you :)

wa :salam2:

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumasalam - jazakaAllah khair for the brilliant post :)

Dont worry if you have not fasted before - this will be a treat - enjoy it ... its better than [insert_your_favorite_food] - May Allah swt make things easy for u.ameen.

rickyraws

Insha Allah, it will be easy for you, and the amount of good deeds you do will be multiplied, as they do on Ramadan. My brother and I used to fast at the age of like 7, not REALLY because we had to (kids can fast until noon for practice), but because we saw it as a challenge, fun, and a great way to do what other muslims around us do, and attain their benefits. We even used to have a thing where we try to keep are fast even after iftar (until we found out that that was not good). For that point, however, every single Ramadan has been fairly easy, and is my most favorite time of the month. Which is weird cause I LOVE to eat, and that fact is known by my whole family. But when it comes to Ramadan, I guess knowing the rewards, and how you as a person is making Allah SWT pleased by fasting outweighs the want for food.

Don't worry, Insha Allah, you'll look forward to Ramadan each year with anticipation, and will attain the full rewards.:jumpclap:

aroojimran

Salaam alykumm

Beautiful post!!

If only we imbibe how the punsihment for our sins would be,we would not sin!!

Thank you for sharing!!