$$$$$$

esperanza

revert of many years
I'm aware of all the good done as well as how little it is done compared to how much they have squandered over the 60-70 years. They are building a new airport now for hajjis but for time being, there's nothing there but big tents.

Who say it is not advisable to criticize, i'm not criticizing the hajj, just the morons running the place, by that i mean everyone from arab airlines to airport people to those with squandering Ummah's wealth as if it was their own. Before you jump to defending your saudi in laws, i suggest going to hajj first and experience it yourself. Do it as a westerner, not a saudi's wife.

for your information im not a saudi wife and ihave been to hajj hamdilla

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Masha Allah.

Question: I know only Muslims may enter Makkah, how do they determine Muslims from non-Muslims? Do they take our word for it or what? I have a non-Muslim name. What would I need to do?

Before you even set food on Saudi soil, you have to apply for visa and with that visa declare your faith. IF you are a convert then you have to provide proof of your conversion, usually a letter from local imam. There is no airport in Makkah and i'm not sure but i think there isn't one in madinah either. There are roads that go outside of makkah and madinah for non-Muslims and roads that says Muslims only that lead to makkah and madinah. There are undercover officers that walk around and can ask anyone for their iqamah (kinda like visit card) and it shows all your important info on it.

Assalaam walaikum,

I do not mean qurbani.

Where does all the zakat go?

:wasalam:

All those going to hajj do not give their zakat there. Some may choose to give zakat there but for the most part, people give zakat in their home countries to their local people in need. And some people, especially those in the west, give it online to charity organizations for those in poor countries. How do the saudis do it? maybe the saudi wife here can help yo on that.

So...can I take my own mini-tent?

Yes, you will need it in muzdallifah since you will spend the night there. Some people bring mini tents for there, i took some as well. One bro with in group took a sleeping bag, which was a good idea. I would take both if i were you, sleep bag for comfort and tent for privacy. But not everyone does.

You will only need them in muzdalifah only, and maybe in mina as well. Mina is basically a tent city so you wont' need one. But if your tent it more towards outside and not one of the inner tents and if the nights are cold then it will get chilly for you, that's where the sleeping bag will come in handy.

esperanza

revert of many years
Before you even set food on Saudi soil, you have to apply for visa and with that visa declare your faith. IF you are a convert then you have to provide proof of your conversion, usually a letter from local imam. There is no airport in Makkah and i'm not sure but i think there isn't one in madinah either. There are roads that go outside of makkah and madinah for non-Muslims and roads that says Muslims only that lead to makkah and madinah. There are undercover officers that walk around and can ask anyone for their iqamah (kinda like visit card) and it shows all your important info on it.

:wasalam:

All those going to hajj do not give their zakat there. Some may choose to give zakat there but for the most part, people give zakat in their home countries to their local people in need. And some people, especially those in the west, give it online to charity organizations for those in poor countries. How do the saudis do it? maybe the saudi wife here can help yo on that.

sorry to side tracck sister aaapa

i know you only want advice

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: IM NOT A SAUDI WIFE

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
If anyone is planning to attend hajj soon then it's best to start reading up on it now.

here's a good thread on it - About Hajj

Also, i recommend these books for to know a little history.

History of Madinah Munawawwarah
History of Makkah

Both by Shaikh Safiur-Rahman Mubarakpuri

from Darussalam

Hajj, Umrah & Ziyarah by abdul aziz abdullah bin baz

Once you land there at the airport, there were men standing at the exit door with a stack of books and they ask you about your language and give you a simplified mini book that tells you everything about hajj. They do same also when you leaving country, they give you a copy of the quran.

Btw, I have that book scanned if anyone's interested.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am still in the dreaming state. There are two wishes I have in my life. One is to go to hajj and the second is to become a grandmother. InshaAllah, both will come true.

Non-Saudi wife..I like that...Believers wife is better.

Brother, please upload the book. I read and impart information all the time.

Now...while I have everyones attention help me understand the concept of the collective wealth of the Ummath. Where is that and who holds the treasury. Is that not for all Muslims?

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Jazakallah khair! I knew we had to get a visa, but I did not know the visa would have our religion on it.

louise_soso

wa alaykum salam

nooo idea .....but i did hear from my friend that before mekkah became so modern that people used to walk and travel from all across the world and it would basically be free another friend told me its because the muslim population it rising .
but i got no idea....i guess you should ask someone who been there :)