A Question about a class assignment =)

U.Y.K

Assalamu Alaikum..

I have to write this "persuasive" essay for Eng 101 and I was wondering If you could give me some ideas both(brothers and sisters)..I want it to be something related to Islam. I need to persuade people of something =)..

Thank youu.. :SMILY259:

Nurain

Wa alaykum salam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh

The modesty Allaah has promised in wearing hijaab.

revert2007

Love Fishing
a jorney of a revert sister to islam
biography of prophet pbuh
women in islam
family in islam
men in islam
jannah
silaturahim/relatiosnhip in islam

u can check out this books

i personally have some threads:

How many of You feed Your Soul?
Unity

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Assalamu Alaikum..

I have to write this "persuasive" essay for Eng 101 and I was wondering If you could give me some ideas both(brothers and sisters)..I want it to be something related to Islam. I need to persuade people of something =)..

Thank youu.. :SMILY259:

:salam2:

islam is the most misunderstood way of life in the world. very often the Prophet:saw2: is criticized as being violent or mean, since we muslims know that his character was most upright, you should look for the great peaceful quotes made by the Prophet:saw2: and tell the story of his mercy that he had, even for many enemies.
:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum :D

well, I agree with brother nyerekareem, it would be very nice to write about the Prophet SAW,:)
also since Islam and terrorism is populer, maybe you should write something about that inshaAllah. But the mercy of Allah's messenger SAW would be the best choice, I love those kind of speeches, :)
good luck,
may Allah make everything easy for you, ameen

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
:salam2:

islam is the most misunderstood way of life in the world. very often the Prophet:saw2: is criticized as being violent or mean, since we muslims know that his character was most upright, you should look for the great peaceful quotes made by the Prophet:saw2: and tell the story of his mercy that he had, even for many enemies.
:wasalam:

Good point!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i think best thing will be - Monotheism in Islam-

i.e. the Oneness of God. it is basic, common and interesting as well. :)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum,

:bismillah1:

Persuasive would also need a stong argument. As for some of the topics mentioned,there is not much argument evident in the topic so developing one in the essay would be a bit difficult. Just my opinion, no offence intended.

I would suggest:

Referring to some recent examples, are Muslims being portrayed and represented accurately in the media?

In this argument, I think you can take into account many many points. I will list some out for you. Up to you, no compulsion :)

-Common misconception that Islam is a constructed culture to parallel and compete against the rapid modernisation of the West.
-The above then calls for a definition of Islam.
-The followers of Islam - Muslims, define them.
-The portrayal of Arabs and people of Middle Eastern origins through the use of examples, whether it was positive, negative or neutral.
-Definition of Arab, and Middle eastern region.
-The use and interpretation of the word terrorist in media reports.
-Arab=Muslim/Muslim=Arab misconception
-Concept of naming someone based on geographical locations leads to geographic divisions such as boundary notions of the East and West, suggesting various degrees of inferiority and strength.
-Notions of otherness as a result of the above.
-Why these misconceptions? Ignorance and lack of education of the religion of a globally based population.
-With the use of recent examples in mind of course, you can build this argument around those examples.

Again, just my opinion. Fee Amanillah.

Assalamualaikum.

U.Y.K

Thank you for your help(all of you).. but InsaALLAH i will be doing the Prophet Muhammad (saw) one ..but I appreciate your help :SMILY259:

Nothing against any of you.. just keep in mind =)