A question...

Flowing River

I was thinking about this recently. How does one 'discover' Islam in the sense of conversion to it? I mean, I have never felt the urge, but I hear we supposedly have some natural tendency towards it. Is this true? And if so, why do so many people feel no tendency towards it? As an atheist myself, I am curious about what motivates Muslims to be Muslims, so any answers to that would also be appreciated. Also, feel free to private message me with information.
Thanks!

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: We believe that we all start in a pure clean state when we are born and as Muhammad (pbuh) said in a accurate hadith, "everyone is born a believer, rather it his parents that make him a christian jew or polytheist

As for your other question we believe that God protects and guides those who he wills, he. Ill be back later if i can remember some nice ayats or hadiths insha allah

Wannabemuslim

From the quran, verse is... i forgot.

Allah has sent down the Best Statement, a Book (this Qur'an), its parts resembling each other (in goodness and truth) (and) oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah. he guides therewith whom he wills; and whomever Allah sends astray, for him there is no guide.

xAllahKnowsBestx

What motivates me to be a Muslim? Well, for me, it's when I look around and see how oppressed most women are in today's society. When my non-Muslim friends who pity me for wearing the hijab, come to me for advice because their boyfriends are abusing them, and they just can't stop going back to them. It's sad, but at the same time, I realize that there is no way on earth that an illiterate man from 1400 years ago, could have come up with a religion that liberated women, once and for all, except that it is from a Higher Power. :hijabi:

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
think about this

And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and Allah has power over all things. (189) Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed signs for men of understanding. (190) Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. (191) (Ali Imran)

we have eyes and they do their function: see
we have ears and they do their function: hear
we have a brain and it does its function: think
we see all things around us and all of them have a function... so the question is:

Does the man have a function in this worldly life?! If we do not have a function here which would be the difference between us and animals?! Is our life just 10, 30, 50, 100 0r 120 years and that's all... all this generations that have died they died and that's all?!

Nobody would be shure that what's around us is just a pure case...
we have never found a lunch or a dinner ready at home prepared from no-one (I would like to find it but I know I have to cook, and I have to work to get the money) nothing comes at me staying at home...

"Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.

Isra

aka Tree2008
The thing that motivated me to become a Muslim is very simple: I read Quran and very complicated: The way it made me feel.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Hi,
According to Islam,every human being is born in a state of fitrah or purity of Islamic monothiesm and it is his/her parents and surrounding that convert him to other ideologies.
If you read chapter 2 upto verse 21 of Qur'an,it gives a charecter sketch of 3 types of people 1,Those who believe 2.Those who disbelieve 3.Hypocrites(those who say who believe but they actually dont).
As far as I am concerned,Qur'an is the main thing that convinced me to be a muslim.It speaks directly to you,unlike ny other book in the world and the beauty of Qur'an is that no matter how many times one reads it,it never gets old and you can see the signs within yourself.Allah says in the Qur'an::

We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?(Qur'an 41:53)

I mean it directly speak to a person by addressing them.Like Oh mankind,Oh you who believe,Oh you who disbelieve and addresses them.The thing is every time one reads Quran,it will seem to be an amazing speach and everytime you will feel something new.I have felt the signs in the Qur'an within my own self and that has motivated me.

a_stranger

Peace for all
i think that many people in our world are under the control of many influences which shape their attitudes and way in life . Many are under the control of media, movies , songs.......since their youth.Those are calling people to follow their own desires weahther right or wrong ......it makes some people looks like an example to follow ....so may are just following without asking or questioning , Those factors in our life are making life looks as an aimless journey (as seen by those who are controlling media) I believe if any human stop watching movies, songs .....and spend sometimes pondering in the creation around, think of death ,....read Quran.....look inside his/ her ownself he/she will find the call of Islam (submitting to Allah our creator) within. We created with inner pure essance but the world around us just corrupted many things within returning to Islam help us mend what has been corrupted .sorry for spelling mistakes.

a_stranger

Peace for all
i think that many people in our world are under the control of many influences which shape their attitudes and way in life . Many are under the control of media, movies , songs.......since their youth.Those are calling people to follow their own desires weahther right or wrong ......it makes some people looks like an example to follow ....so may are just following without asking or questioning , Those factors in our life are making life looks as an aimless journey (as seen by those who are controlling media) I believe if any human stop watching movies, songs .....and spend sometimes pondering in the creation around, thinking of the death to come,....read Quran.....look inside his/ her ownself he/she will find the call of Islam (submitting to Allah our creator) within. We created with inner pure essance but the world around us just corrupted many things within returning to Islam help us mend what has been corrupted :astag:.sorry for spelling mistakes.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In life there come periods of time when you feel a disconnect. You seek and search. The laws of nature keep turning in harmony. You are not in tune with that harmony.
You have friends and they give you nothing but empty conversations. You become dissatisfied with the job. You realize this is all it is a job. The luster of the career has lost its shine. The champagne has lost its bubble. You become isolated from those near and far from you.
It happens to the best of all.

Islam: You have perpetual energy. Muslims love to babble. And we talk about Allah. We mention the Creator. We acknowledge the harmony of nature and discover we are part of that wonderful plan. You are never alone..try finding a spot on Jumma prayer. You have equal opportunity to strive to Please Allah. It does not matter what job status or color or education..we are a big family.

It's like being zapped with joy all day long.

Every revert will tell you this: Islam makes sense.
Every born Muslim will tell you this: Islam makes sense.
All Muslims will tell you this: Islam makes sense.

And it makes you want to clap and shout and holler.

Now..when you are reading the Quran..there are times when it is the personification of Love.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Well I read a Hadith that every human being before crossing forth decade of life atleast once realizes oneness of God or Tawheed. And Tawheed=Islam and viceversa. Those who surrender to this inner call to Tawheed may naturally discover Islam.

There is another Hadith which mentions that souls of all human beings and that of the last human to come on earth swore and made witness before our Creator that there is no one worthy of worship besides Him.

Regards.