Abul A'la Al Muaududi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2:

Ramadan Kariim to you all dearest brothers and sisters in Islam.

I was wondering if any of you know a great deal of information about Abul A'la al Maududi. I have some books by him, just wanted to know if was a good scholar who is to be trusted and known for writing truthful books on Islam and Quran.

Thanks

wadood

A great scholar

waalaikumussalam

Sayyid Abul Ala' Maudoodi is one of the most criticised and time tested scholar of our time . A great leader , scholar and thinker . Most of his books are widely read and are amoung the curriculums in many islamic universities . Native of Pakistan , Founder of Jamaat Islami .

Basis of his thought .. Islam is not merely workship. It should include all aspects of life . It is to subdue to Allah in all aspects of life. Be it political , financial , social , marietal.Islam is complete only when you follow this .

He was criticised maily for his thought on political islam . He was jailed by the Pakistan government for his fatwa againnt Qadiyaani .

Prolific writer whos Books explains islam in the most simple language .
Honoured by the first King Faisal Award for his contributions to Islam .

kindly read his books for further knowlege on his thoughts.

Fiamanillah

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Ramadan Kariim to you all dearest brothers and sisters in Islam.

I was wondering if any of you know a great deal of information about Abul A'la al Maududi. I have some books by him, just wanted to know if was a good scholar who is to be trusted and known for writing truthful books on Islam and Quran.

Thanks

:wasalam:

Do you understand Urdu, sister ? If so, then i can post a lecture that refuted his organization and his thoughts/ideas. It will be of benefit to you if you want to learn about the said person.

If you are hinting towards reading his 'tafhim ul quran', then you should know that he mentions the views of Ashariyaa in his tafseer.

The scholars of Ahl Us Sunnah Wal Jamaa oppose such neglection of the apparent and use (or heavy reliance) of philosophy in understanding verses of the Quran. It should rather be based upon the views and opinions held by our pious salaf (May Allah be pleased with them all).

It would be better if you stuck to Tafsir of Ibn Katheer, which is safely one of the most popular ones around & available for free on the internet.

Please do let me know if you understand Urdu, so that I can post the lecture for your benefit.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

sister this person is a good scholar and have written many beneficail books.Akhi wadood explained about him nicely.His tafseer "tafheem ul Quran" explains the Quran accoding to present day conditons and problems.see if it suits you i study ibn katheer's tafseer myself but in my opnion maudaudi's among one of the best scholars.

every scholar has his flaws according to other scholars.but all those whi give an honest unbaised opnion on things and have balanced views are helpful in understanding of our deen.may ALLAH give them all ajar for this.

His main theme:islam is more then just a theory,it's complete only when in practice.members of jamat islami are the only student of knowledge i fine here who are ready to change their views and opnions if new and authentic researches of hadiths and Quran reach them.most of the members have the same views as that of salaf.so i find it easy to communicate things from here to them and from them to this site(Questions and answers sort of things)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

every scholar has his flaws according to other scholars.but all those whi give an honest unbaised opnion on things and have balanced views are helpful in understanding of our deen.may ALLAH give them all ajar for this.

:wasalam:

Flaws in basics of Aqeedah are not tolerated. Denying what Allah azz zawajal has mentioned for himself in the Quran & Sunnah is something serious. If anyone doesn't have firm groundings in knowledge of Aqeedah, he/she could be misguided and fall into shirk in extreme cases by reading these books.

I am assuming the person who asked this question understands Urdu to some extent. Therefore I will go ahead and post the refutation from the scholars of Ahle Hadeeth.

Detailed refutation of Jamaat Islami :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdxccyRJtMs (part 1, please find consecutive parts on youtube).

Mistake in Aqeedah of Maududi in Tafheem ul Quran :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obtosym6gsg part 6

Asking from dead people in grave (Shirk) advocated by Maududi :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zinrtzmgHd4 part 7

Other refutation of Maududi :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJ8OQoFsjg (part 1)

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylx8_GvWuFk

All links are in Urdu language as the scholar resided in Pakistan (which should be obvious).

I don't think anyone of us has mastered all matters of Aqeedah (belief) to be able to distinguish the grave and minute mistakes that are present in his works. Therefore, I don't see why anyone would want to expose him/her selves to corrupt understanding of the deen, when there are better alternatives available in all languages.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Salem9022

I heard that Abu Al'a Moududi was the one who came up the Innovation of Tawheed ul-Hakamiyaah which later Sayyid Qutb used and many of the modern Khawarij use. Also he was a great Friend of Khomenie. Its sad that in almost all mosques in Pakistan and probably India there are books of His all across the book shelfs.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
"Its sad that in almost all mosques in Pakistan and probably India there are books of His all across the book shelfs."

Utterly wrong statement this. only a few mosques have them. only abt 3% of them. Have u ever been to pakistan? It seems that u havent. By reading ur previous posts I can guess that you have all the crap in ur head agaisnt islam in pakistan. U shud go to umrah and ask for forgiveness from ALLAH. U badly need it!!

Regarding modudi, he has taken the prophets with his pen . He called the leadership of yousuf (AS) as dictatorship. And he has done much more faults as well. So, its not recommended to read his books even they look very catchy and correct

TipuSultan

Banned
no not again.
the great sheik Sayyid Abul Ala' Maudoodi is a hero of Islam.
please note I am reading his tafsir towards understanding Quran and mashallah it is very nice.

people r jealous of him,we need people like sheik Maudoodi otherwise our condition(muslims) is going to be pathetic and we will always be slaves of kings and queens.
sovereignity belongs to Allah only.

wadood I agree with u akhi and suppport u on this

akhi gernada1492 i disagree with u here again akhi.i have met people of their jamat and they are but true muslims and also brotherinislam most of jamat e islami r ur salafi kind of people.

please note I am not a salafi nor a shafi or hanafi and all that crap.

I am just a muslim :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
please note I am not a salafi nor a shafi or hanafi and all that crap.

I am just a muslim :)

assalamu alaykum

The word "crap" is a pejorative. Its not a good word if you know what it means. You used that pejorative with legitimate schools of Islamic thought, Madhahib, may Allah forgive you. Countless scholars of the past and millions of Muslims align themselves with those schools of thought. So, it is really bad for you to speak like this, it also shows complete ignorance and lack of respect.

As for Maududi, he would insult and lie about Prophets such as Dawood alayhi salam, Musa alayhi salam and with Sahaba. Just because his books are popular, does not mean he is correct. He was a psuedo intellectual, a political leader and philosopher, not a proper Islamic scholar.

The Ulema of Ahlus SUnnah do not recommend his tafsir or books, why read them? when we hav great works of Tafsir by scholars such as Imam Ibn Kathir and Imam Qurtubi

Assalamu alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.