??! Advert for haram product has hijabbed girl in it

haakym

love
Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

I really don't watch tv too much but I happened to see an advert while I was talking to my mother the other day for one of those sing along games for consoles and it had a hijabbed girl in it "brushing off her shoulder". I wasn't sure if I had really bad eyes and not seen it properly but I just checked it on youtube and confirmed what I saw. Has anyone else seen this? And isn't going to be some outcry over it. I feel an urge to make a complaint!

I really don't think I need to explain why this is improper. May Allah guide the girl who featured in the advert.

haakym

love
There's even a jewish guy in it and someone with a big beard, guess he's supposed to be muslim. Seriously what the! Your thoughts...?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I know what you're talking about! And I thought the SAME thing! It's called "Def Jam Rapstar"

I think there are 2 Muslims in it...A guy first with a long beard, and a girl with a Hijab.
The guy appears at 7 seconds into the commercial, and the girl appears 16 seconds into it, lol.

Link: *removed*

I think they're trying to show its for everyone, since all races seem to be there.

Ibn Uthaymin

Yeah I got Haakym to show me the add, there's even a Rabbi! The bearded dude appears towards the end as well. What is the Ummah of Muhammad coming too?

He could be Sikh. But that Headscarf girl is defo Muslim. I think they probably paid them lots of money.

Hard economic times.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
He could be Sikh. But that Headscarf girl is defo Muslim. I think they probably paid them lots of money.

Hard economic times.

I thought the same... But Sikhs don't cut there hair - the bearded ones especially. Looks like a proper sunni beard. Another Freeway perhaps?

P.S. I was meant to comment on your earlier post that this isn't about games. Though CoD has plenty of Muslims to kill in their ads, if that's of any usefulness to this discussion.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Well, it is advertising. They want to appeal to as diverse as a crowd as they can, to increase their profitability by opening new markets.

We have to ignore such things and educate ourselves, family and children about halaal and haraam modes of entertainment and then choose wisely, not get carried away by popular trends or fancy advertising.

haakym

love

Well, it is advertising. They want to appeal to as diverse as a crowd as they can, to increase their profitability by opening new markets.

We have to ignore such things and educate ourselves, family and children about halaal and haraam modes of entertainment and then choose wisely, not get carried away by popular trends or fancy advertising.

Wa 'alaykum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Good points brother, may Allah allow us to act upon your advice.

As for video games, I still do find them attractive but I had to sell my ps3 when I ran out of money for rent haha, alhamdulillah, for that. Although I guess you could say some games aren't explicitly haram I think the fact that they waste time is something that is enough to put one off playing them.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Wa 'alaykum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Good points brother, may Allah allow us to act upon your advice.

As for video games, I still do find them attractive but I had to sell my ps3 when I ran out of money for rent haha, alhamdulillah, for that. Although I guess you could say some games aren't explicitly haram I think the fact that they waste time is something that is enough to put one off playing them.

I'm playing Runescape right now :girl3:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

whoever show, whatever, what is going to us?!
I don't think this vdo should have shared here and we should discuss about that...it is nothing but a useless discussion...and we've already commited some Gunah...seeing some scenes...
may Allah forgive us for that, who hadnt any intention

wa-llahu ta'la alim

wassalam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

This is so silly! Even the non-muslims in the youtube comments are finding it strange... :( They're trying to sell the game to muslims.. and you know what? Some with weak iman will actually go and buy it anyway.

alf2

Islam is a way of life

This is so silly! Even the non-muslims in the youtube comments are finding it strange... :( They're trying to sell the game to muslims.. and you know what? Some with weak iman will actually go and buy it anyway.

They're trying to sell it to anyone who will buy it.
There was also a Hasidic Jew in there, they probably dont listen to rap music either bro.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is nothing. The real videos to watch are the ones no one wants to; those that explain how the wool is being pulled over our eyes.

Now, let us take instruction from this. We have a semi-talented rap star with diamond teeth who is selling by his face alone a multimillion dollar video game. Who produced the game. Who financed the game. This multimillion dollar rapper..who is paying him to wear the diamond teeth. Who owns the record company. Who is behind the scenes.

DanyalSAC

I've seen this commercial a couple of times. Unfortunately there is a very large number of Muslims in the US and elsewhere that think listening to music - even rap - is acceptable. I've seen the Facebook of a famous sister DJ with her two turn tables, one earphone pressed to her ear...and in a hijab. There are brothers who make headlines because they jump on the "Rapper becomes Muslim" bandwagon and then release rap CDs about going on Hajj with their personal jets.

As BrotherInIslam7 says up above, its advertising - as as long as these brothers and sisters are out there, they will be marketed to.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Well that's a typical advertisement whose target audience is anyone who loves to sing from all walks of life. I believe that could be anyone dressed up in a Muslim attire

Ibn Uthaymin

P.S. I was meant to comment on your earlier post that this isn't about games. Though CoD has plenty of Muslims to kill in their ads, if that's of any usefulness to this discussion.

Thats true, but you can always play Assasins creed. The guy speaks Arabic.

I'm playing Runescape right now

How far have you gone?

Haha yeah I've been holding my nerves to get hold of Black Ops I'm done with MOD2.

Thats cool man. Im still on Modern Warfare 2.

Games like that are good though. They`re mind enhancing and increase your reaction rate.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
How far have you gone?

Combat level 55. It's actually the first game I've played since I played Pokemon when I was really young, haha. I dont own a console or anything like that, so when im bored i play on the internet :) No money or download required.