advice please

luv4theummah

Dear Brothers and sister,

I hope you are happy and healthy insallah. I haven’t posted anything for a while. I have a question about how to treat fellow Muslims and none Muslims. As far as I know we have to be generous and kind to all people we come across in our life, whether they are bad or good.

Since I started practicing Islam, my friends say I gave away too much, they tell me how some people took advantage of me, stole from me. How I let them get away with it, even when I knew what they were doing. The only reason why I was doing it, was for the sake of Allah. I can’t be responsible for what other people do.

But sometimes my imaan is not very strong, that is when everything comes back to me. Is not a nice feeling, I am not used to let people walk over me. Maybe is the choice you make when you become Muslim. I try to help everybody if I can,
And it’s hard for me to say no, if someone asks for help. Just don’t like it when people are trying to take advantage of me.

Am I doing something wrong here? Can anyone relate to this situation?

How should we deal with this as Muslims

:salah:

Karima80

:salam2: brother,
I know your situations, just my thought, continue to be generous because you can't judge what they will do. U never know if the person really need it or take advantage. But if they would be a person who take advantage, then they be judge one day. But just continue to be yourself, and it is normal that your imaan is weakier once and awhile. But that's only when you look at other and listen to other. Just continue your journey.. U be awarded one day, inshallah
:hijabi:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum!

Islam teaches moderation in everything.

The best advice for you is from Quran in beautiful words:

"And do not make your hand to be shackled to your neck nor stretch it forth to the utmost (limit) of its stretching forth, lest you should (afterwards) sit down blamed, stripped off."

17:29

shackled and stretched hand refers to too much stinginess and too much generosity.

Wassalam

sheena_9

:salam2:

I hope u r in good health. I can relate to ur situation as some people do say these things to me and i just tell them that i did it for ALLAH and i know i am doing the right thing.

:wasalam: