Any Pashto speakers?

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:,

This isn't Islam related. I just need a Pashto speaker to translate this poem for me into English (I believe it's a love poem, so feel free to run now if you're not comfortable translating it lol)

Dard mi zigar niwalay.

Dard mi zigar niwalay..

Tandar qamar niwalay..

Da yao nazar da para..

Liwanai wor niwalay..

Raqiba laas di azad..

Ma hum sangar niwali.

Da sarmayai day nizaam..

Zamong na nwar niwalay..

Da nafratono fasal..

Sama ao ghar niwalay..

Dasi nazona pri aori..

Zaar yai naokar niwalay..

JazakAllah Khair to anyone who translates this!

FreedomFighter

:salam2:

Dard mi zigar niwalay..

Dard mi my feelings (hurt) zigar heart niwalay crazy (?)

Tandar qamar niwalay..

Tandar lightning (?)

Da yao nazar da para..

for only one (feeling/desire (?) )

Liwanai wor niwalay..

(crazy oh crazy)

Raqiba laas di azad..

Raqiba maybe its a name laas di azad (may your hand be wide (?))

Ma hum sangar niwali.

sangar (elbow)

Da sarmayai day nizaam.. (?)

Zamong na nwar niwalay..

Zamong our

Da nafratono fasal..

fasal (about something)

Sama ao ghar niwalay..

ghar mountain

Dasi nazona pri aori..

maybe it means if someone do a bad act, she/he'll come used to it

Zaar yai naokar niwalay..

oh im so bad at this :( :( i realy should catch on all that i may have lost and should know better the meanings !

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
lol wow Sister Khangul, your interpretation is quite different from the ones I've heard but thank you!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I'm not sure of the exact translation but I know this to be the gist of it: It's a love poem from a masculine point of view. For one nazar, his liver was in pain and his body was eclipsed like the moon (I think that is to say he feels alone and hurt). Instead of the codes and traditions he wanted, he received hatred. He is in love but broken-hearted because he has a competitor for the same moon. He is willing to deal with the naaz and to be a servant to the tsar (her).

sal12

I'm a pushtu speaker but i don't get the poem. i understand most of the words but not in the context unfortunetly. I'll get my sister to try and translate it, she's bettter at speaking pushtu than i am!

tahir farooq

TRANSLATION

assalam o alaikum
i am trying to translate it....
the person who has sent that want to tell how much he has got pain for his beloved.... in first he tells ...LOVE HAS CAUGHT MY HEART.AS THAT LIGHTNING HAD GOT THE MOUNTAIN ... FOR ONLY ONE LOOK,,,THIS(HEART) MAD HAS BEEN FIRED.....RAKEEB(AS I AM LOVING A GIRL AND SHE IS LOVED BY OTHER PERSON...THAT PERSON IS MY RAQEEB OR COMPETETOR) YOUR HANDS ARE FREE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO JUST DO IT...BECAUSE I HAD ALSO CATCHED THIS STONE(AS TELLING SHE IS PROUD )THIS GIRL HAS TAKEN AWAY MYSUNSHINE...THIS CROP OF HATNESS HAD CAUGHT THIS WORLD AND THIS MOUYNTAIN ALL THINGS AROUND............. HOPE THAT WAS ANSWER AND LAST I DONT KNOW BECAUSE WRITTEN BADLY............... THAN*!*!*!*!*!*!X

tahir farooq

FOR SECOND WHICH I HAD TOLD YOU THAT THIS LIGHTNING HAS CAUGHT MOUNTAIN ....POSSIBILITY IS THAT QAMAR ARE USED FOR TWO THINGS ONE MOUNTAIN AND SECOND IN URDU MOON NOW ..........

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh ShahnazZ Baji, Apka Kyal'he? :)

Sorry it's been a long time, been busy and stuff. :) But I do miss haering from you, since i you make me feel better and stuff (being a big sister to me, you know? :)) but anyway, I hope everything is alright with you, Inshallah. :)

Well OBVIOUSLY I'm not a Pustho speaker, but I was feeling bored and stuff hearing the poem (since it reminds me of the worldly ideas that still exist amongst Afghanis, primarilly those who don't practice Islam or embrace Faith, unlike our fellow brothers and sisters here on this site :)), so I thought I'd show you THIS great poem in Pushto, since I feel that Inshallah, you'll like it. :)

But actually, I'm also quite hoping that someone will be able to tell me what it's about anyway. :) Darn, I wish I knew Pushto. :p LoL :) My uncle is from Karachi, and I heard that he actually went to school in Pehsawar, and Mashallah, he learned Pushto, along with growing up speaking Urdu (his native tongue). Hmmmm....but I think he's too busy though, to teach me Urdu (and Pustho, if I finish learning Urdu), LoL. :) But, it's alright, I'll try to learn myself,and I'll be able to be fluent in it, Inshallah. :) Also please make dua for me, Mayra Bhai, Awr Mayra Baji, Inshallah. :) *blushing*
smiley13.png
(okay, I think I messed up on that) *blushes*
smiley13.png

[yt]mts0Vinz11c[/yt]

But anyway, Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabrakaathuh ShahnazZ Baji, and for my other brothers and sisters here:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Salam Alaikum guys,

lol I absolutely love the interest this poem has garnered and I'm appreciating all of your responses. JazakAllah khair for trying to help me out. I've received a number of translations from people and they're all different from one another lol but I understand the gist of it so that's what matters :). I've actually heard that the complexity of the Pashto language lies in the fact that one word can have many different meanings attributed to it so maybe that's where the confusion lies. However, like I said, I got the general idea.

Abdul Hasib, how are you? I'm sorry I haven't been on this board for awhile as life happened to me ;) but alhamdulillah things are getting better. I hope everything is well with you and with the rest of you as well and I'll try to be online more inshAllah :)

JazakAllah khair once again!