Are Suicide Bombing Permissible In Islaam? By Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
“… As for what some people do regarding activities of suicide, tying explosives to themselves and then approaching unbelievers and detonating them amongst them, then this is a case of suicide – and Allaah’s refuge is sought.

So whoever commits suicide then he will be considered eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet (saw):

And whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever.” [Bukhaaree & Muslim]​

Because this person has killed himself and has not benefited Islaam. So if he kills himself along with ten or a hundred or two hundred other people, then Islaam will not benefit by that, since the people will not accept Islaam, contrary to the story of the boy.

Rather it will probably just make the enemy more determined, and this action will provoke malice and bitterness in his heart to such an extent that he may seek to wreak havoc upon Muslims.

So what we hold is that those people who perform these suicide (bombings) have wrongfully committed suicide, and that this necessitates entry into Hell-Fire, and Allaah’s refuge is sought, and that this person is not a martyr (shaheed).”

[Taken from the shaykh's explanantion of Riyaadhus Saaliheen 1/165-166, while discussing the story of the boy and the king]

Wannabemuslim

wa alykum assalam, suicide bombing is a method of fighting not a theology,.. the reason why we so many muslim suicide bombers is because of us harming "casultys of war".

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

What sort of Akhlaq will a suicide bomber present before disbelievers?. Such acts definitely repel masses away from absolute truth. Even those who are at doorsteps of Deen of Allah may be compelled to reconsider their approach.

Regards.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
i HAVE A QUESTION, ALTHOUGH I AGREE TOTALLY WITHTHIS EXPLANATION. sorry for the caps, didnt realise :)
What happens to those who are less educated in Islam/life/school and are taken to these so-called schools at a very young age and brain washed into believeing that this is the right way. what happens to those who just accept it without questioning because they dont know any better? I believe majority of the young suicide bombers are of this category...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
i dont know why this question gets asked, of course it isn't permissionable .

only the media makes it look like it is.

suicide bombing has nothing to do with Islam and those who do that are not Muslim.

They have a lot of 'evidence', yet it all comes down to ones interpretation...

However what we are certain of, is that none of the salaf preached harming ones self with ones own hands...

Go pick up any takfeeree/kharijee book, and i'm sure it'll have their 'proofs' within them.... However as Ibn 'Uthaymeen mentions, it is totally haraam (forbidden) in Islaam.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
wa alykum assalam, suicide bombing is a method of fighting not a theology,.. the reason why we so many muslim suicide bombers is because of us harming "casultys of war".

Suicide bomber come from every background, not just muslims...

Suicide bombing started/originated from the tamil tigers, a group of extremist indians...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Assalamu Alaikum:

What sort of Akhlaq will a suicide bomber present before disbelievers?. Such acts definitely repel masses away from absolute truth. Even those who are at doorsteps of Deen of Allah may be compelled to reconsider their approach.

Regards.

MaashaaAllaah well said....

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
i HAVE A QUESTION, ALTHOUGH I AGREE TOTALLY WITHTHIS EXPLANATION. sorry for the caps, didnt realise :)
What happens to those who are less educated in Islam/life/school and are taken to these so-called schools at a very young age and brain washed into believeing that this is the right way. what happens to those who just accept it without questioning because they dont know any better? I believe majority of the young suicide bombers are of this category...

Ibn 'Uthaymeen mentions in the same explanation of the hadeeth that those who are ignorant of the matter, we just pray that Allaah forgives them due to their ignorance. he further mentions the hadeeth about the one who commits ijtihaad and errs incurs no sin...

I was gonna type that paragraph out as well, but my fingers got tired after typing what I did, so I left it at that....

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
i dont know why this question gets asked, of course it isn't permissionable .

only the media makes it look like it is.

suicide bombing has nothing to do with Islam and those who do that are not Muslim.

Assalaamu 'alaykum,

B careful with ur words bro....

If a muslim commits a major sin, it does not throw him out of the fold of Islaam...

But if, however, you mean that it is non-muslims doing many of these bombings and then blaming it on the Muslims, then yes, khair i agree with ur words....

Tho not saying 'all' of te bombings around the world are done by non-muslims, but it seems, and Allaah knows best, that the non-muslims are very good at planning and plotting to put bombs here and there, and then blame the muslims, and unfortunately the ignorant Muslims come out and, without investigation into the matter, agree that it was a Muslim who done it.... SubhaanAllaah....

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
becareful with my words?

excuse me, i am entitled to say what is true, but Suicide Bombing is not allowed and anyone that uses Islam or any other kind of beliefs as a weapon to harm others are not believers.

next i will be reading that people on here will be supporting the Norwegian Massacre and saying he is still Christian!!

never will i support any kind of attacks, even my family who are still Christian dont agree with him doing that and a real christian would never do that and a real muslim doesn't harm others.

people need to do their homework instead of changing the faith.

either follow it or dont, suicide bombers and murderers are sick minded.

:salam2:

Beware of calling a muslim a kaafir, even if he is a major sinner. This is the aqeedah of the khawarij. Murder does not take one out of the fold of Islam.

Idris16

I've read a GREAT Fatwa about the prohibition of Suicide Attacks. I would like to post it here but I guess the Mods would delete it because of the author.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I've read a GREAT Fatwa about the prohibition of Suicide Attacks. I would like to post it here but I guess the Mods would delete it because of the author.

Assalamu alaykum,

Not just the author, but we have a firm stance against suicide bombing / terrorism. This is also the consensus of the scholars. Therefore, I would ask that you refrain from sharing such sentiments

Wasalam

Idris16

So If I post a Fatwa saying suicide attack is harâm you will delete it just because of a author you may not agree with in certain matters?

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

Okay Brothers Stop fighting Please Stop Listening to the Shaytaan
Ok Suicide Bombing Is haram and it is a muslims duty to not commit this
If a muslim Commites this They have a major sin BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are not Kicked out Islam If a Muslims COmmits SHIRK OR saying they are Allah Then only allah knows If they are kicked or not But they Should remember has promised them JAHANNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They will burn like crazy like Barbeque
Understand Brother The pain of JAHANAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These Brothers who like this are called The dwellers of JAHANNAM
Fear the pain my brother and sister imagine on the day of judgement when allah ask u all these question
WHAT ARE U GOING TO SAY
U ARE SPEACHLESS U CANT SAY ANYTHING THEN MAKE UP UR TIME IN THIS DUNYA PRAY 5 SALAH DUA SUNNA TOWBAH
PUT A LIGHTER UNDER UR HAND FOR 3 MINUTES I DARE U I DARE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF U CAN TAKE THE PAIN
I WILL PUT MY HEAD DOWN
BUT REMEMBER allah says in the quran the fire of jahannam is not = to the fire of this dunya it is much worse the
Hottest fire in this dunya u never no it might be the Lowest energy heat or fire in hell allah knows best
But if u cant
Imagine the pain of Jahanamma
:hawla:

Allah Please Lead those who are in bad acts to the good acts
Allah protect us from The Naaaaar
Allah Dont let us commit SUICIDE BOMBING OR SHIRK
AMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

:wasalam:

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
I'll refrain from disusing the topic for now. I just would like to advise a few members here inshallah. I've menteiond this before on here and it seems to be something reverts fall into easily.

Stop calling other Muslims "not a muslim", i don't care if he murders, rapes, suicide bombs or anything, so long as he does not renounce his faith (shahada) nor do anything that is known to take one outside the fold of Islam. he is still a Muslim, a bad at that but still a Muslim. Anyone calling his/her brother/sister in islam "not a muslim" becomes one themselves. Do you really want to end up outside Islam by being so careless with your words?

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Messenger sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "He who says to his brother 'O Disbeliever', then it returns upon one of them." [1] He also said: "And he who accuses a believer of Kufr (disbelief) then it is like killing him."

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/aqeedah/0006.htm
[/FONT]

mohammedmoha

im not gonna tell people again, are you a supporter of this crime because if you are, then shame on you.

ive met jews and christians that say Zionism is okay when it isn't, so don't give me this rubbish aswell about suicide bombing.

assalam aleykum warahmatulillah wa barakatuh. this topic seems to be very sensitive. i also dont support suicide bombers but even if he is a suicide bombe i cant call him a kaafir. you can be a muslim a muslim and fail to be a mu'min. so i think these suicide bombers fail in the part of mu'min coz they dont do what it is supposed to be done but that does not make him a kaafir. please stop calling your fellow muslims kaafir. wasalaam aleykum :shahadah:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
So If I post a Fatwa saying suicide attack is harâm you will delete it just because of a author you may not agree with in certain matters?

If he is not a scholar known for his knowledge, and from those who uphold the Quran and Sunnah, upon the manhaj of the Salaf salih. Here, we take from the senior most scholars of our times, especially in such important matters. - Such as Shaykh Ibn Baz, Ibn Uthaimeen, and Al-Albani (rahimahumullah).

Wasalamu Alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.