BE A REALLY GOOD WIFE…

Let me tell you the ways to get to his heart
Delicious food is where you should start

A really good meal – there’s nothing like it
Be it steak or biryani, kebabs or fish

When he returns home from work, greet him at the door
A really nice smile will please him for sure

Elegant clothes, make-up, perfume applied
All these things make for an attractive wife.

Serve him his meal and do it with style
The domestic woes can wait for a while.

Be a good listener – Was his day alright?
Be ready to give him support and advice

When he’s home, try to be there for him
No friend can be more important than him

If he wants to go out put everything aside
Let your company be the best thing in life

Be smiling and cheerful and do make him laugh
This is one more way of keeping his heart

Use wisdom and tact when dealing with him
Nothing can be gained by fighting with him

If he does say something which you don’t like
Do give it some thought, perhaps he’s right

As for his money, do spend it with care
Remember all the hard work it took to get there

Be grateful to him in deeds, words and thoughts
Ingratitude to husbands is disliked by God

If you do all this, it’ll improve your life
For marital bliss makes this world Paradise

And think of the reward there is in the Next
It’ll motivate you into doing your best.

dianek

This poem assumes the wife is a stay at home wife/mother.........do they have any poems for marriages where BOTH work.....I am sure it would be MUCH different!

dianek

I don't cook WELL......and he doesn't mind saying so........especially since the only thing I can cook Tunisian is Tajene and Jerbana......BUT I can cook good old souther food excellently, but he won't touch it without complaining about how he misses his food........SO he finally figured out.....DO IT YOURSELF!!!! Hee Hee!!!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I dont think the poem was directly to stay at home wives, to married women in general, working/non-working who are striving to please their husbands, because the husband is their ticket to Jennah. Pleasing your husband, is pleasing Allah. Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing this beautiful poem!

dianek

I dont think the poem was directly to stay at home wives, to married women in general, working/non-working who are striving to please their husbands, because the husband is their ticket to Jennah. Pleasing your husband, is pleasing Allah. Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing this beautiful poem!

Well, kind of hard to have dinner cooked for him and make yourself beautiful for him when he gets home first and you have to compete with the children to have a conversation..........the past week......since he started working normal hours....he has cooked dinner for me.....I like it like that.......

Masria

ok,ok...I broke down and cooked..rendang, lol and nasi lemak...anybody impressed?

I would be very impressed if I knew what those dishes are :shymuslima1:

I work much longer hours than my husband and must travel often with my work. I love him to bits and he is a good husband alhamdolillah but I can't greet him at the door with perfume on, dinner ready and a big smile on my face. :girl3:

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

Maybe a poem should be written for the perfect husband.. wouldnt that be good? Tell them what to do aswell. But yeah I agree with poem.. the typical role of a woman to be in the private sphere.. thats ok.. and all the cooking and cleaning.. thats ok.. hehe I can only say that because Im not married.. i know there are so many women who disagree..

But I still think a poem should be written for men..

Assalamualaikum

Masria

That is a wonderful poem for husbands, I wonder if I can get mine to read it? Only joking he is a very good husband indeed.

I would not let my husband in the kitchen, he makes such a mess and it takes longer to clean up after him than just go and do it myself.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
That was fast, did you write it your self?

Assalamualaikum

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah

yes I think so too :)

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
make him king automatically become queen? lol

if you want to be the queen, make him be a king and hola automatically you become the queen!!
lol mashallah hope to be true inshallah.. and thanks sister for sharing with us jzk keyran

muthmainnah

ok,ok...I broke down and cooked..rendang, lol and nasi lemak...anybody impressed?

Sis, those meals you have said are my country's menu...I like rendang much. Are you Indonesian living in Canada?or have you been in Indonesia before? it's nice to meet you ^_^

*for Umm Aiysha, jazakillah khair for the poem...that's really beneficial

hasinah

Assalamualaikum

Maybe a poem should be written for the perfect husband.. wouldnt that be good? Tell them what to do aswell. But yeah I agree with poem.. the typical role of a woman to be in the private sphere.. thats ok.. and all the cooking and cleaning.. thats ok.. hehe I can only say that because Im not married.. i know there are so many women who disagree..

But I still think a poem should be written for men..

Assalamualaikum
..i agree with u!!! role of men and women are different, otherwise there'd be no difference! lol good poem mashaAllah gone read the next one now!..

dawahforever

Sis, those meals you have said are my country's menu...I like rendang much. Are you Indonesian living in Canada?or have you been in Indonesia before? it's nice to meet you ^_^

*for Umm Aiysha, jazakillah khair for the poem...that's really beneficial

Asalaamu Alaikum

I live in Canada and my husband is Malaysian. I lived in Malaysia for 4 months in 2000.