Best English Quran Translation?

cmc.pod

A' Salam Alykum Brothers & Sisters,

I want to invite my forign friends to Islam.
Question is what is the best and closest English translation of the Quran?

* Yusuf Ali is not adviced (Too Old & classical English).
* TB Irving (Some say has errors in it).
* King Fahad Complex - Dr. Mohsin Khan & Dr. Muhammad Taqi Hilali (Too detailed, and is not only a translation but also has tafseer). I met a lot of people who did not find it easy to read.
Also notice, it is not sticking stricly to the translation check (1:7) it says Jews and Christians, that is not in the Arabic text.

When a Jew or Christian start reading, and they start with the 1st chapter they maybe turned away. Again it is not in the exact translation.

I am sorry if I am making this hard for you, but this is critical for any invitation. Your help would be really needed.

Thanks and Jazakum Allah Khair!
CMC

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam brother,

first convince your friends....
invite them to Islam by showing the assets/blessings of Islam
like you can convince them by giving the books of 'Quran and modern science' and 'Sunnah and science'....medical science,peace missions,benefits of interest free banking,benefits of islamic shariah...

when they will be convinced,and will be ready to admit Islam as a true religion...
then give them the Holy Quran.....any translation...Inshallah...they will admit the truth..

I think you've got my points......
may Allah bless us all and you to do your mission(dawah)

Jazakallhu Khair
wa barakallhu feekum

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I wanna point out that the English ( or any language ) translations are translations of the MEANINGS of Qur'an , Qur'an is great cannot be translated so that you find them diffrenet from a translation to another ( different vocabulary not different meanings )

May Allah bless you

cmc.pod

Thank you so much for all your feedbacks, But if someone asks for a good English translation of the Quran wouldn't you at least have a suggestion.

Put yourself in that position, can you please help with a suggestion, I understand that we can never get the correct meaning 100% because the holy Quran is in only one language, and Arabic is very rich.

But, some have become Muslims (Al Hamdulilah) because they took the time to read and understand the Quran.

Your reply to this post is really and truly appreciated.
CMC

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Hmm, I would say Dr. Mohsin's translation is the easiest to understand (for myself). But you already mentioned that you don't prefer that one.

We have many of these blue covered Qurans around almost every mosque I go to, with Arabic and English in it, which is quite easy to understand. But I think that is Yusuf Ali. Maybe you might have a copy at your mosque.......

cmc.pod

Asalam Alykum All,

I have the answer that I am seeking, and I highly suggest that you too share it.

One of the best English translations to date is called "Saheeh Internationl" You can find it on Quran.com or saheehinternational.com.

And a lot of effort was made to ensure that this is reliable and trustworthy and simpler to understand.

CMC

MSyed

Assalam u Alaikum:
I would recommend translation by "Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall" for your non muslim friends. This translation of the Holy Quraan is most valued by christian and Jewish reverts.

World Peace

Islam is Light
Salamo aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato brother

May I share with you all the following links?

Quran (flash)
http://www.quranflash.com/en/quranflash.html

Quran (book)
The following book is useful, it is a translaion of the meaning of the Holy Quran by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. It has been updated to modern English and no longer has the classical English language. It is clear and easy to understand.

ISBN No 978-1-902480-07-7
https://www.islamicvision.co.uk/ind...duct&path=1_20&author_id=1243&product_id=4010

Website useful for obtaing books, audio, DVD etc.
https://www.islamicvision.co.uk/index.php

Thank you all for sharing your links. Jazakum Allah kul kair wabaruk Allah feekom.

Wasalam aleaecom warahmatto Allah wabarakato

majormuss

Quran Explorer

Sallamu Alaikum
Thought this site might also help you.it has 3 different English translations and other languages.
quranexplorer.com/explorer

:salam2: A good translation of The Quran is by Muhammad Asad. But if you want in detail but very simple spoken english get the one by Muhammad farooq-i-Azam Malik. It is the best.

arletka

A' Salam Alykum Sisters & Brothers

I can suggest "The Quran A new translation" by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem (Oxford University Press, 2004)

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
A' Salam Alykum Brothers & Sisters,

I want to invite my forign friends to Islam.
Question is what is the best and closest English translation of the Quran?

CMC

:salam2:

The best closest English translation that I think is the " THE QUR'AN", Saheeh International publication, which is translated by three ladies of America. This is also recommended by Dr. Zakir Naik for non Muslims.

Attachments

• QURAN.JPG
    QURAN.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 403