Biblical Jesus vs. Qur'anic Muhammad

Raihan

Biblical Jesus vs. Qur'anic Muhammad

Christian Missionaries are prone to attack Prophet Muhammad using the good image of the Qur'anic Jesus and couple of Biblical verses (ex: love thy neighbor, love your enemy, etc.). Let's see whether their hateful attack has any logical and rational value at all.

NB: Christians believe that Biblical Jesus is the Creator of the universe (i.e. God) in human form, and both the Old Testament and the New Testament to be the inspired word of Biblical Jesus. That means the Creator of the universe was born as a man (not woman!) and he was eventually killed by his enemies! Think about their belief about the Creator of the universe for a moment! Even school kids would laugh at them! That's why they are jealous of Islam!

Anyway, here we go:

- Biblical Jesus came to send sword and violence, and not peace! So, he was a terrorist! (Matthew 10:34, Luke 12:51)

- Biblical Jesus came to divide humankinds! (Luke 12:51-53, Matthew 10:35, 10:21)

- Biblical Jesus allowed his disciple to struck a servant of the high priest's and smote off his ear! (Matthew 26:51)

- Biblical Jesus wants people to hate their father, mother, wife, daughters, sisters, etc. to be his disciples! (Luke 14:26)

- Biblical Jesus instructed his disciples to slay and burn the unbelievers and disobedient people! (Luke 19:27, John 15:6)

- Biblical Jesus ordained killing the apostates, idolaters, and blasphemers! (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, Deuteronomy 17:3-5)

- Biblical Jesus condemned all non-Jews to death for not worshiping him! (2 Chronicles 15:13)

- Biblical Jesus condoned unjust honor killing! (Matthew 15:4, Leviticus 21:9, Genesis 38:24)

- Biblical Jesus vehemently condemned atheists! (Psalms 14:1-3)

- Biblical Jesus allowed the killing of innocent people, women, and children! (Ezekiel 9:5-7; Numbers 31:17-18; 1 Samuel 15:3, 29:5; Deuteronomy 20:13-14, 2:32-37, 3:1-7, 7:1-6, 13:6-18, 21:18-22, 22:25-29, 23:1-4, 25:1-3, 28:15-68; Joshua 2:8-21, 8:23-29, 10:28-43; Judges 1:21-35, 21:10-24; Matthew 2:16; Exodus 32:27)

- Biblical Jesus instructed his disciples to kill all except virgins for themselves! (Numbers 31:17-18)

- Biblical Jesus said that Eve was created from Adam's rib! (Genesis 2:22)

- Biblical Jesus said that man was not created for woman, but woman for man! (1 Corinthians 11:8-9)

- Biblical Jesus said that wives should submit to their husbands! (Ephesians 5:22)

- Biblical Jesus said that Eve was deceived, and not Adam! (1 Timothy 2:14, Genesis 3:12-15)

- Biblical Jesus said that pregnancy and childbirth is a kind of curse or punishment! (Genesis 3:16)

- Biblical Jesus said that man is the image and glory of God, woman is the glory of man! (1 Corinthians 11:7)

- Biblical Jesus said that female birth gets penalty! (Leviticus 12:2-5)

- Biblical Jesus said that women must keep silent in Churches. It's shameful for them to open their mouths therein. They should learn in silence from their husbands with all subjugation. They should not teach, and they are not permitted to have authority over men! (1 Corinthians 14:34-35, 1 Timothy 2:11-12)

- Biblical Jesus said that daughters inherit nothing when there is son! (Numbers 27:8)

- Biblical Jesus condemned women, children, infants, and animals to death! (1 Samuel 15:3, Leviticus 20:15-16, Exodus 29:16-18)

- Biblical Jesus considered menstrual women to be untouchable! (Leviticus 15:19-30, 18:19)

- Biblical Jesus instructs you to cut off your wife's hand unjustly! (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

- Biblical Jesus said that rape victim shall marry the rapist and must be with him for all days! (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

- Biblical Jesus said that divorced woman cannot remarry! (Matthew 5:32, Mark 10:11-12)

- Biblical Jesus considered women like sexual object! (Matthew 5:27-28)

- Biblical Jesus said that woman worth less than man! (Leviticus 27:3-4)

- Biblical Jesus said that witches must be put to death! (Exodus 22:18-20)

- Biblical Jesus imposed strict dress code including head covering on women! (1 Timothy 2:9, 1 Corinthians 11:5-6, 11:13)

- Biblical Jesus allowed Solomon to have seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines and David to have multiple wives! (1 Kings 11:3, 2 Samuel 5:13, Deuteronomy 21:15-17, Exodus 21:10)

- Biblical Jesus allowed cannibalism! (2 Kings 6:29, Leviticus 26:29, Jeremiah 19:9, Lamentations 4:10, Ezekiel 5:10, Deuteronomy 28:53)

- Biblical Jesus condoned slavery! (Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:7-11, Exodus 21:20-21)

- Biblical Jesus said that slaves should submit to their masters, even masters who are harsh! (1 Peter 2:18, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2)

- Biblical Jesus said that disobedient slaves should be severely punished! (Luke 12:47-48)

- Biblical Jesus ordered stoning to death for adultery! (Deuteronomy 22:22-24)

- Biblical Jesus said that gay and lesbian must be put to death! (Leviticus 20:13)

- Biblical Jesus said that whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death! (Exodus 31:14-15)

- The list may go on and on.

So, using Christian Missionaries' logic and the above facts, it can be concluded with no doubt that Qur'anic Muhammad was much better than and superior to Biblical Jesus. The evidences are the Qur'an and the Bible. Shouldn't they be ashamed of their Lord Savior then!

PS: Muslims do not distinguish between the Prophets as it is forbidden in the Qur'an (3:84). This is just a response to the evil minded Christian Missionaries' hatred and propaganda against the Final Prophet, Muhammad.

hellbraker

Thanks for creating this post.It may help Muslims to see how corrupted the Bible is,but for me it just increased my faith in Jesus.Thank u very much.
Peace be with you.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
PS: Muslims do not distinguish between the Prophets as it is forbidden in the Qur'an (3:84). This is just a response to the evil minded Christian Missionaries' hatred and propaganda against the Final Prophet, Muhammad.

salam

verse:3:84

Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. (84) eng:picthal

Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma`il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord; we make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)." (84) If anyone eng: Yusuf Ali

Idris16

Thanks for creating this post.It may help Muslims to see how corrupted the Bible is,but for me it just increased my faith in Jesus.Thank u very much.
Peace be with you.

how could it increase your faith in jesus when he said those horrible things, like
- Biblical Jesus wants people to hate their father, mother, wife, daughters, sisters, etc. to be his disciples! (Luke 14:26)

- Biblical Jesus condemned women, children, infants, and animals to death! (1 Samuel 15:3, Leviticus 20:15-16, Exodus 29:16-18).
it sounds like you would do those horrible things.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
how could it increase your faith in jesus when he said those horrible things, like

- Biblical Jesus condemned women, children, infants, and animals to death! (1 Samuel 15:3, Leviticus 20:15-16, Exodus 29:16-18).

:salam:
Jesus did not say any of those things, the bible(injeel) has been changed by some wierdos.

JESUS MAY ALLAH'S PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON HIM.......:hearts: NEVER SAID IT.

Idris16

i know sis zaynab, but i meant the biblical jesus, but thanks anyway.
May Allah grant you jannah Ameen.

hellbraker

hello helbraker

if you don't mind, could u explaine to me what u mean by that please?

thnx.....:)

My dear loving Sister,I dont know to explain or talk.Im completely stupid and may be even the worst person in this world.Dont believe what i say,in fact i dont know how to talk to some one.May be I dont like myself too.Im completely strange and different.But I know to love,and yet I dont know show it.
I only wish there was some one who knows and understands me.But I know God loves me,because I have felt his love.
Love u all
Peace b wth u..

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

I dont think we should campare the two - our job is to give the messege (Quran and sunnah) to the non muslims or the people of the book, all this stuff about camparing the two books is just a waste of time.

Its all about the messege and if they reject the Quran its preety clear what the consquences are and if they accept the messege the Quran is clear about the benefits.

Ultimately it boils down to believe in the man God/son of god/God incarnite idea or the Islamic and Jewish stand of the imagless God of Abraham - the messege is clear in which one is consistant.

As the Quran states - Translation by Dr. Rashad Khalifa http://www.quran-islam.org/93.html

4:171] O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was a messenger of GOD, and His word that He had sent to Mary, and a revelation from Him. Therefore, you shall believe in GOD and His messengers. You shall not say, "Trinity." You shall refrain from this for your own good. GOD is only one god. Be He glorified; He is much too glorious to have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. GOD suffices as Lord and Master.

[4:172] The Messiah would never disdain from being a servant of GOD, nor would the closest angels. Those who disdain from worshipping Him, and are too arrogant to submit, He will summon them all before Him.

AND

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

hellbraker

I will comment on it later because Im busy right now or may be I will not comment,because I will not know what to comment.Im such an idiot.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
You are Sooo right!

Raihan,
Thanks for sharing that. You are sooo right. These are answers that can be given easily to Christians who WANT to understand. People need to understand, the Biblical Jesus is the one that they are following, not the real Jesus. Even the bible says there will be a time when many will be deceived, and will be following something close to the real, so shaytan has easily distorted all and made many follow a creation and not the creator -all the time weaving in deception. Even Jesus himself said, "You will say to me Lord, Lord, have I not cast out devils in your name, and healed in your name? At which point Jesus will say to them, 'Depart from me you workers of inquity!'" Why do you think he will say that? Because they didn't listen to who Jesus pointed to-he didn't point to himself, he pointed to Allah.

These facts as you posted are necessary when doing dawah, because if you aren't armed with the truth, you can't put forth a good argument or discussion or be involved in a debate. (I am not saying argue like a fight here either.)

After these facts are presented in dawah, then you present the true facts of all the prophets and what they taught from Adam to Muhammed (pbut) and then let them decide. Any person seeking the truth, will see it as clear as a light bulb going off. If they don't, then there is nothing we can do.

We are not comparing prophets here. The biblical Jesus as taught by Christians is not the real truth. Without uncovering the truth, you cannot dispel the false.

Ahmed Deedat in all his discussions, put forth black and white, and saying it is either THIS or THAT. And left it at that.

I especially like the saying of Bilal Phillips about Jesus being God....."so you are saying to me, that God had a son who was himself?"

The idea in debate is not to win or lose, it is to get people to THINK. You have to put forth good arguments and truth to get them to THINK. Once they start thinking, then they either get it or they don't. In sha allah, many will come to Islam.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
My dear loving Sister,I dont know to explain or talk.Im completely stupid and may be even the worst person in this world.Dont believe what i say,in fact i dont know how to talk to some one.May be I dont like myself too.Im completely strange and different.But I know to love,and yet I dont know show it.
I only wish there was some one who knows and understands me.But I know God loves me,because I have felt his love.
Love u all
Peace b wth u..

peace be with u too

Aww that makes feel bad. u r not stupid, you just don't believe in ur self. ok now please answer this for me.....:) who do u whorship as god? is it jesus? or the one and only god? the god that doesn't have a son or doughter. after u answer this i will provide the love of god and also some other information. i can't do it now coz am busy.

peace be with u.....:) and plz remember to smile like this......:)

hellbraker

peace be with u too

Aww that makes feel bad. u r not stupid, you just don't believe in ur self. ok now please answer this for me.....:) who do u whorship as god? is it jesus? or the one and only god? the god that doesn't have a son or doughter. after u answer this i will provide the love of god and also some other information. i can't do it now coz am busy.

peace be with u.....:) and plz remember to smile like this......:)

I worship the great "I am".He who has no beginning and no end,He who is and was there.He who came and will come again.
I worship the God who have daughters and sons.I believe we are his children and not slaves.
By saying these things,I may be openly saying that Im a kufaar,or an unbeliever.May be some one reading this will get angry at me or curse me(in their heart).No problem,I will listen.May be someone reading this may get sad and pray for me,Thanks, I will pray for both of you.
And one more thing,I love you all.(To be frank..I dont hate anyone,but only their actions)
May be after reading this,you will see that I dont know to talk,or does not understand what I say.So be it.Im nothing in this world,so I cant judge anyone.
Peace be with you

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

to hellbraker

everybody is a somebody, we are all humans or descendents from Adam (pbuh). We need to use our intelect and belief to find why we were put on this place. Emotion on its own is not enough as that can create many obstacles for us to realise what we are.

As I am a muslim I believe that we are made to worship Allah swt but unlike the Angels we have choice and nafs - that we have to battle to get to understand Allah and what Allah wants us to do in other words sumbit to the will of God (the God of Abraham).

Allah guides Humanity through messengers the last messenger was Muhammad (pbuh) that we have to follow and he brought the messege, the messege of the Quran.

hellbraker

Dear loving brother,
I dont believe Jesus said those.The "hate" here does not mean hate in a literal form.Look at this one here, in Genesis 29:31
And when the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren.
If Jacob hated Leah,why did he take her as a wife?
To understand this I think you have to look at the verse 30:
And he went in also unto Rachel, and he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years

Im right now thinking why did Jesus say these things.Did he not know,that it will be difficult to separate one from his family?(After all he was a prophet).Why was this verse in the Bible in the first place.Did the persons who corrupted the Bible forgot about this verse,given its language and tone.They could have at least changed the wordings to give a softer tone.
Well from my understanding,this verse shows that,we have to put God first.Only then comes the family.
Consider this, if I have to become a Muslim and if my family says "No".I have to forget what they say and think only about Allah and become a true Muslim.I then have to forget the memories and relations.

And if you are worried about the violence in the Old Testament,I would say that it is "Old" and something "New" and better has replaced it.
I suddenly remember what Jesus said in Mark 2:21-22:
(21)No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.

(22)And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

I may not be right here,but I think there is a principle in Islam of "abrogation." This means that when there is a contradiction in the Quran, the later verses cancel out, or at least modify, earlier verses.
So I think this can be applied to the Bible as well.
Peace be with you

Idris16

if it has been replaced with a new thing, dont you think that the bible are full of lies. my teacher who is non-muslim said that the bible is full of violence and other bad things.

ShyHijabi

I may not be right here,but I think there is a principle in Islam of "abrogation." This means that when there is a contradiction in the Quran, the later verses cancel out, or at least modify, earlier verses.
So I think this can be applied to the Bible as well.
Peace be with you

There is where the Bible and Qu'ran differ, there are no contradictions in the Quran so therefore no need to abrogate. The Quran was revealed in it's entirety whereas the Bible was compiled from many books over thousands of years. The Christians refer to the "Old Testament" as the unfalliable word of God but aside from the Torah (first five books) the rest was added later and not really considered holy scripture. The Christians called it holy scripture when they compiled the bible.

As far as the New Testament goes, the Nicean council actually voted in which books they felt were holy and removed the rest if there were controversial statements that taught against the trinity. (Keep in mind the word trinity still does not exist in the Modern bible, it was a creed cited in by the Nicean council).

With the Qu'ran there is no abrogation because the word of God need not be altered and changed. His word is perfect so why would editing need to be done? This would imply that God made a mistake and was falliable. Why would God secifically state not to worship more than one God and then later bring in the trinity? (God in three persons which is polytheism under a glossy veneer) Why would God need to sacrifice a piece of Himself in order to forgive sins? He is God, threfore He can forgive because of his nature, he is not bound by sacrifice. As you said, He said it is, and it is. The very nature of saying he needed to kill a piece of himself to allow himself to forgive sin is contradictory and sets a dangerous precedent that God is flawed. This is why Muslims will only worship the One God in His entirety and not a human representation.

hellbraker

if it has been replaced with a new thing, dont you think that the bible are full of lies. my teacher who is non-muslim said that the bible is full of violence and other bad things.

Lies and violence like?
Even if its full of violence and lies,Im asking y did those persons who changed or corrupted the Bible did not remove it.Please guide me,as Im weak in these(religious) matters.
Even though there is Violence,Jesus had a non-Violent message

muminah92

brother hellbraker,
One thing u should know is that the quran hasn't been changed ever since it was revealed coz allah subhanah wat3la said that it will always be guided and no1 one will ever have the ability to change it.
may allah guide u to the stright path and make things more understandable for u
peace

hellbraker

There is where the Bible and Qu'ran differ, there are no contradictions in the Quran so therefore no need to abrogate. The Quran was revealed in it's entirety whereas the Bible was compiled from many books over thousands of years. The Christians refer to the "Old Testament" as the unfalliable word of God but aside from the Torah (first five books) the rest was added later and not really considered holy scripture. The Christians called it holy scripture when they compiled the bible.

As far as the New Testament goes, the Nicean council actually voted in which books they felt were holy and removed the rest if there were controversial statements that taught against the trinity. (Keep in mind the word trinity still does not exist in the Modern bible, it was a creed cited in by the Nicean council).

With the Qu'ran there is no abrogation because the word of God need not be altered and changed. His word is perfect so why would editing need to be done? This would imply that God made a mistake and was falliable. Why would God secifically state not to worship more than one God and then later bring in the trinity? (God in three persons which is polytheism under a glossy veneer) Why would God need to sacrifice a piece of Himself in order to forgive sins? He is God, threfore He can forgive because of his nature, he is not bound by sacrifice. As you said, He said it is, and it is. The very nature of saying he needed to kill a piece of himself to allow himself to forgive sin is contradictory and sets a dangerous precedent that God is flawed. This is why Muslims will only worship the One God in His entirety and not a human representation.

I have read that Uthman burned the rival texts of the Quran.These were the compilations of Masud, Salim, Mu'adh, and Ubai.Is this true?Why did he do this?