can Muslim work in this factory?

Ibraheem.lan

whether Muslim can work in factory that it produces products using pork or animal meat without Islamic slaughtering like beef, chicken or not.

muthmainnah

Assalamu'alaikum
I found an answer that similar to your question, I hope it explains:

Ruling on working in the manufacture of pet food that contains pork

Is it permissible to work in a factory that makes pet food, and this pet food contains pork?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly: It is permissible to feed dead meat to animals that are not eaten, such as dogs and cats, and that includes pork, which is dead meat in all cases, whether it is slaughtered or it died without being slaughtered.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Majmoo’ (4/336): It is permissible to feed dead meat to dogs and birds, and to feed impure things to animals. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It is permissible to put out fires with wine, and to feed dead meat to falcons and hawks, and to clothe animals with impure cloths, and to use impure oils in lamps, according to the more well known of the two scholarly opinions, which is also the better known view of Ahmad. That is because using impure things is a way of using them up without causing harm. End quote from al-Fataawa al-Kubra (1/433).

Secondly:

It is not permissible to sell pork, whether on its own or mixed with other things, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (2236) and Muslim (1581) from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say during the year of the conquest when he was in Makkah: “Allaah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of alcohol, dead meat, pork and idols.” Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It is permissible to feed dead meat to carnivores but it is not permissible to sell it. End quote from al-Majmoo’ (9/285).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about cans of cat food that contain pork – is it permissible to buy them and feed them to cats?

He replied: If that is by buying the cans then it is not permissible, because it is not permissible to pay for pork and buy it. But if he finds it thrown away and feeds it to his cat, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

See the answer to question no. 5231.

Based on that, it is not permissible to work in a food factory where pork or other kinds of dead meat are used, because that is helping in sin and haraam things, as it is manufactured with the aim of selling it, which is haraam as stated above. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al‑Birr and At‑Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is Severe in punishment”

[al-Maa’idah 5:2]

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/102537/work pork factory

There are many other halal jobs that a muslim can take. if he choose to leave a bad thing for Allah's sake then Allah will replace it with a better one.

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
Dear Brother, i would say to you follow this golden rule

Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.

i pray Allah swt too help find a better job ameen

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Dear Brother, i would say to you follow this golden rule

Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.

i pray Allah swt too help find a better job ameen

:salam2:

it's very hard to find a job that's 100% halal here in the US. almost every aspect of employment involves something haram here. a muslim could hope to work for muslims, but very often most of the muslim businesses are family owned and do not hire from outside or muslims from different ethnic backgrounds. one can say " start your own islamic business. " but it's impossible here to do so without taking ribaa. i feel life here can be trading one big sin for a lesser sin, but never able to escape any sin. that's why more and more i feel that America isn't a place for muslims. or it isn't set up in a way to make the lives of muslims easy.

the thing is that most muslims here in America are working somewhere that has some type of haram activity or earning. many don't want it to be that way, but sometimes it's all that we can find. we shouldn't forget that if we can't do something about it ourselves, then we should at least hate that thing or things in our hearts. we have to keep in mind that ALLAH SWT knows all of our intentions and hopefully the people stuck in haram workplaces have the intention of one day leaving and make dua that ALLAH SWT open a way that is approvable in His eyes.
:wasalam:

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
:salam2:

it's very hard to find a job that's 100% halal here in the US. almost every aspect of employment involves something haram here. a muslim could hope to work for muslims, but very often most of the muslim businesses are family owned and do not hire from outside or muslims from different ethnic backgrounds. one can say " start your own islamic business. " but it's impossible here to do so without taking ribaa. i feel life here can be trading one big sin for a lesser sin, but never able to escape any sin. that's why more and more i feel that America isn't a place for muslims. or it isn't set up in a way to make the lives of muslims easy.

the thing is that most muslims here in America are working somewhere that has some type of haram activity or earning. many don't want it to be that way, but sometimes it's all that we can find. we shouldn't forget that if we can't do something about it ourselves, then we should at least hate that thing or things in our hearts. we have to keep in mind that ALLAH SWT knows all of our intentions and hopefully the people stuck in haram workplaces have the intention of one day leaving and make dua that ALLAH SWT open a way that is approvable in His eyes.
:wasalam:

you are absloutly right, i hope you would find a Halal job soon, in most of the times it is an advice for our muslim brothers and sisters living at non muslim countries to do Hijrah to muslim countries where the can practice Islam. i do not know how hard is this, but it is i think the final and the best sloution.... maybe . ALLAH know best