Children born out of wedlock

Shak78

:salam2:

I hope you are all in good health and Iman my brothers and sisters. I have a question about children born outside marriage. While I know it is not their fault they were born like this, will there be a stigma to them in trying to get married? Sadly my son was born out of wedlock and though he is only 2 this has been rattling around my head for some time. I have asked Allah (swt) forgiveness for having him that way and I just want to know if he will forever have this stigma to him or is all my fault and he is blameless.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
sister, are you close to being married? if you are, who's really gonna know 18 or so years from now that your son was born out of wedlock? honestly, it's nobody's business. we can't blame your son for any of his parents shortcomings. if you repented have confidence that ALLAH will accept your forgiveness. things will be fine.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykuma Warahmatullahi Wabaraakatu

You have repented to Allaah you shouldn't be bothering yourself with the past this is the shaytaan playing with your mind chuck it. Give your son a good Islamic upbringing he wont ever doubt or question you inshaa`Allah.

Shak78

:salam2:

Thank you, I have been sick the past few days, well the whole family has and it's given me time to think about my past and such which I have found isn't always the best thing to do.

a_stranger

Your son is free from any sin, Insha Allah he will be a good muslem man .....don t worry things will be ok as long as you are close to Allah by faith and good deeds.

louise_soso

salama alaykum

children are born pure .
no sin is on them for what thier parents did
dont get anxiety about it
many people who are born out of wedlock grow up to be amazing people
and even become muslim (if thier not already)

so inshallah it wont effect them and also now that u are muslim everything will be fine and they will grow up with the best lifestyle in the world al ISLAM :D

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Assalamu`alaykuma Warahmatullahi Wabaraakatu

You have repented to Allaah you shouldn't be bothering yourself with the past this is the shaytaan playing with your mind chuck it. Give your son a good Islamic upbringing he wont ever doubt or question you inshaa`Allah.

Is it really that simple? To repent and not bother yourself with the past? Im not refering specifically to the writer of the thread, more I am referring to myself and the major sins which I have committed. Everyday I offer my sincere repentance and I dont think I will ever stop (Inshallah) until I die. Because I dont know when Allah will forgive me.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Is it really that simple? To repent and not bother yourself with the past? Im not refering specifically to the writer of the thread, more I am referring to myself and the major sins which I have committed. Everyday I offer my sincere repentance and I dont think I will ever stop (Inshallah) until I die. Because I dont know when Allah will forgive me.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Ukhti repentance means we feel bad, regret and give up that action. We ask Allaah to guide us and to forgive us. What more can an Insaan do? Man is forgetfull he makes mistakes but Allaah is forgiving.

Not bothering youself with the past means not letting shaitan get to you. Not to give up on Allaah's mercy. To hope that He'll forgive us no matter what the sin, how evil, how BIG! Thinking what you did and feeling low all the time may actually affect you Imaan. You may lose hope in Allaah's mercy. He may make you think it's the end. It's never the end till life actually ends, Allah says:

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[az-Zumar : 53]

If you lose hope because you shaitan is putting wiswass in your heart, then you just gave him what he was trying to achieve:

"O my sons! go ye and enquire about Joseph and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith [Surah Yousuf: 12]

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I believe that Allah will forgive me. I have faith in His mercy. But I do not know WHEN He will forgive me. So I will ask as often as possible. I do feel very bad and low on the inside. I am very regretful. How can this affect my Imaan? I have faith that I will be forgiven but I am so shameful. I dont know how to stop feeling ashamed.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, I'm sorry to hear that. We all are humans and make mistakes. Keep repenting to Allah and avoid telling anyone including your son. He is totally innocent and he is not entitle to know all this. Keep it to your self.