for reverts ..what attracted you most to islam

shichemlydia

salam alikoum brothers and sisters,
fiorst takabbala allaho mina wa minkoum ghafara allaho lana wa lakou. may allah swt accept from we and from you, and may allah swt forgive us and you .amee.
hope you have all spent a good eid, and still having good time.
just a post for those who reverted from the other faiths, please write briefly and if possible in bullet points what are the factors that made you to come to islam.
may allah bless you all, ameen.
wa salam alikoum

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
Well , I born Moslim al7amdulillah so this Q is not directed to me but I wanted to translate :
fiorst takabbala allaho mina wa minkoum ghafara allaho lana wa lakoum

May Allah accept from us & you , May Allah forgive us & you .

That'a all Gareth :)

shasha

Muslimah
Salaam and Eid Mubarak to all! :hijabi:

I converted 7 months ago. I could probably list over a hundred reasons why I love Islam. But, what really enticed me towards Islam is that there is a logical answer to every question I could come up with. I am a former Catholic Christian and growing up, although I did (and still do) respect Christians, I always had questions that nobody could give me clear answers to. Even though I attended Catholic school all my school life, I was still left with so many uncertainties. Unfortunately, where I grew up in, when you question something in Christianity, it would be considered weakness of faith. So, it felt like it was like blind obedience. Don't question. Just follow. It was like the 'truth' was out of reach for 'lay people' like me. The bible was like a blur. Most people, including Christians, neglect the old testament because they say there are some errors in it or it was from the olden times and they don't apply to us anymore. So, I was never enthusiastic to read it.

I tried to become closer to the truth in Christianity at one point in my life, but, I was viewed as a religious fanatic. It's like learning more about your religion is exclusive for priests and nuns. And, the more I studied about Christianity, the more it became vague. As a doctor, it is automatic for me to study about the background and find evidence for every 'fact' that is offered to me. Islam is an evidence-based religion. I don't feel lost. I don't feel like I am following something that is man-made. Everything is supported by basis. You can't find any error in it. It is perfect. And, only God can be perfect. Therefore, it is from Allah swt.

Suffice it to say, I FOUND TRUTH IN ISLAM. Everything is so practical. First time I read the Quran, I couldn't put it down. I wanted to finish it in one sitting. Something about the Quran makes you want to read it over and over again. Everything in that wonderful book, a gift from Allah swt, is so relevant to our life yesterday, today, and tomorrow. It is for every one. You are encouraged to observe and ask questions because Islam is confident that it can deliver answers that has clarity and logic.

Allahu akbar. :tti_sister:

I'm happy and proud to be a Muslim. :hearts:

sarahlou

Islam taught me how to respect myself and which intern made others respect me more. Also if you really sit down and think about it Islam has a rational reason for everything. Alhamdullillah I am so thankful to Allah for the people that showed me and taught me Islam. :tti_sister:

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
What was the main point that made me convert was that I felt in Christianity they believe in the whole Bible, but follow only some small parts of it. They believe, but don't follow it. I could never understand this and felt it is just from laziness. Then in Islam the Quran tells us how to live and what to do, just as in fact actually the Bible does too, but Muslims follow it. They believe it's supposed to be followed because it's the words of Allah swt. You actually lived your entire life as a Muslim, not just when you went to church or celebrated christmas (which for some reason has become a more cultural thing nowadays).
Also what fascinated me was the thought, as I said above about that Christians don't follow the Bible like Muslims follow the Quran, that I understood how weird it is to believe that God can change His opinions. In the Old Testamente in the Bible it is right to have death punishments, it is good to have a veil, it is right to fast etc. Then comes times when it is more and more left and suddenly God obviously changes His opinions. The old thoughts He had didn't work so He has to make a new plan. I understood how stupid this is. Allah swt is allknowing, He doesn't have to change His mind. The Quran is followed entire and is not to be changed or some parts be left.
So that is two main thoughts that made me convert :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
  • One Creator of The World
  • Salah makes me want to be Muslim
  • Unity among Muslims(Friday prayer,Hajj...)
In overall,whether you hate Muslims or not..you can feel that Muslims are the highest rank of Allah's Creation.I want to be one of them and Alhamdulilah I am :)

converted on 12thApril 2007