Gay here and there

al-muslimah

Alsalam alaycom

this is really serious brothers and sisters..in english claa we were taking about how to right argumentitive essays..so our subject 2 days ago was about wether its good to have mixed gender classes or not..so we listed the pro and cons ..

im sure the teacher was "with" as i felt that from his speech but he offended us as muslims alot..well he was saying that becasue in islam its better to have male and female seperated then you dont really know how to deal with other gender. Also having seperate genders causes many gay and lesbians in islamic socities like here are many Gay people (which is true) we do have many gay in our uni..but that doesnt mean that this is the reason because of not having mixed classes..

at that time was really disapointed and stopped him from talking and told him.."so does that mean in america there are no gay???" he said well no..umm yeas but not as much as here (in islamic countries"

is that true? like they have many illeagle marriges and wierd stuff.. brothers and sisters please please help me find trusted statistics of gay people here in islamic countries and people in the west which i can show him later..

jazakum allahu khayran for those who help!!!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum,
sister thats Not true at all, in US, in 1997 stats there are 25 million gay men soromites, I dont think any muslim country is close to that

I never even heard the word gay before i moved to North America, and im from pakistan.

:salam2:

The professor, is an idiot,

we must define what is trying to be accomplished by taking a class. Is it to learn and stay focused on what is being taught?

With the presence of mixed gender in the classroom, the idea and the increase desire of being with another person outside of marriage is increased.

being identified as a muslim country or area doesn't necessarily mean that all people are God fearing. If that was so, Allah swt, would of not addressed it and made it clear. Allah, is the has the perfect wisdom, he is Al-Hakim. Our physical nature was designed strictly to reproduce. Surely, that is not possible if a relationship is made between 2 people of the same sex.

In America, they are not gay/homo unless they get sick and tired of trying to be normal. So they take their twisted thinking and make it acceptable to their desires. Surely they are a dying breed because they can't reproduce.

Another point, there is over 6 billion people in the world today. Yes, 25 million is a lot, but when you compare it to the total, you start to see it doesn't even make a percent/(or make any difference). They could be looked at as odd things in nature.

Allah swt, way of the life, is not only healthy, it is far superior to anything man can come up with.

:wasalam:

AbdAllah84

It's just a Blatant lie. This is not to say there are no gays in Islamic countries, but to say they out number those in Non-Muslim countries is a lie.

There are some of the statistics;

U.S:

In San Francisco, 15.4 percent of residents identified themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual.

12.9 percent of Seattle residents — roughly 57,900 people — identified themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual.

Atlanta : 12.8%

Top ten states here:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/zoom/html/2003432941.html

3.6m people in Britain are gay - Six per cent of population

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/dec/11/gayrights.immigrationpolicy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-lesbian-according-to-Whitehall-figures.html

France:

France estimates its gay population to be about 3.5 million people - France unveils first gay TV channel (there must have been a target market)

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2004/09/28/francegayTV040928.html

Where Is Gay Marriage Legal?

US states that recognize same-sex marriage

California
District of Columbia
Iowa
New York
Massachusetts
Vermont

US States that allow same-sex partnerships or unions:

New Hampshire
New Jersey*
Oregon
Washington

Nations that recognize same-sex marriage:

Canada
Belgium
Netherlands
Norway
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

Nations that allow same-sex partnerships or unions

Brazil state of Rio Grande do Sul
Croatia
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hungary
Iceland
Luxembourg
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
Switzerland
United Kingdom

How many of these are Islamic nations????

AbdAllah84

we must define what is trying to be accomplished by taking a class. Is it to learn and stay focused on what is being taught?

With the presence of mixed gender in the classroom, the idea and the increase desire of being with another person outside of marriage is increased.

being identified as a muslim country or area doesn't necessarily mean that all people are God fearing. If that was so, Allah swt, would of not addressed it and made it clear. Allah, is the has the perfect wisdom, he is Al-Hakim. Our physical nature was designed strictly to reproduce. Surely, that is not possible if a relationship is made between 2 people of the same sex.

In America, they are not gay/homo unless they get sick and tired of trying to be normal. So they take their twisted thinking and make it acceptable to their desires. Surely they are a dying breed because they can't reproduce.

Another point, there is over 6 billion people in the world today. Yes, 25 million is a lot, but when you compare it to the total, you start to see it doesn't even make a percent/(or make any difference). They could be looked at as odd things in nature.

Allah swt, way of the life, is not only healthy, it is far superior to anything man can come up with.

I agree totally with you brother/sister.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaykum,

I have experienced the advantages of being in segregated education since I did majority of my school life in girls only schools until I joined University a year ago. I dont know how to explain because I think its about experiencing both and actually noticing the difference. I really dont understand why males feel it necessary to shout out answers, make jokes which are clearly inappropriate, throw the lesson off course at any opportunity..the list goes on and on.

I recall one of my class friends at school ranting about 'muslim schools' being segregated and how bad it is for confidence etc ..she had clearly momentarily forgotten that she was herself attending a girls school at the time until I reminded her. Your professor is talking about 'muslim' segregation? I was the only muslim in my entire year for most of the time, and in the entire school I attended, 99% of students were non-muslim, evidently, non-muslim parents made that choice for their daughters for a reason? Surely they recognise the wisdom behind segregated education aswell?

So these people are so quick to pick faults with the muslim way at any opportunity. Amusing becuase if he hates Islaam that much, he can do better than pick this topic to vent his dislike, because it doesn't hold at all. He clearly needs to stop being so arrogant in his ignorance and look at some facts.

tabaria

Your professor is an idiot, and reminds me of one of the signs of day of judgment in which the ignorant will be the ones who are respected and trusted. I'm not sure if your prof is Muslim or not. But there are many of these types that disagree with everything Islamic because they are simply too stupid for nuanced reasoning and must be told how to think by western media.

Anyways, research by University of California confirms what many other studies have confirmed is that boys and girls do better when segregated.

http://www.globecampus.ca/in-the-news/article/all-girls-ndash-better-grades/

There is obviously more gays in the west, that's part of the reason we have such higher aids rates than Islamic countries.

mhamzah

Assalamualaykum,

I have experienced the advantages of being in segregated education since I did majority of my school life in girls only schools until I joined University a year ago. I dont know how to explain because I think its about experiencing both and actually noticing the difference.

Jazakallah Khair sister for your reply.

I really dont understand why males feel it necessary to shout out answers, make jokes which are clearly inappropriate, throw the lesson off course at any opportunity..the list goes on and on.

Are we that bad?

QUOTE]

mhamzah

Your professor is an idiot, and reminds me of one of the signs of day of judgment in which the ignorant will be the ones who are respected and trusted. I'm not sure if your prof is Muslim or not. But there are many of these types that disagree with everything Islamic because they are simply too stupid for nuanced reasoning and must be told how to think by western media.

Anyways, research by University of California confirms what many other studies have confirmed is that boys and girls do better when segregated.

http://www.globecampus.ca/in-the-news/article/all-girls-ndash-better-grades/

There is obviously more gays in the west, that's part of the reason we have such higher aids rates than Islamic countries.

Jazakallah Khair brother.

mhamzah

:salam2: Sister,

There is no correlation between being 'segerated' and being 'homosexual.'

The socieities as a whole are becoming less and less segerated (both Muslim and Non-Muslim), whilst homosexuality is on the rise (both in Muslim and Non-Muslim countries). Had Homosexuality been linked to segeration, homosexuality would have been reducing both in Non-Muslim and Muslim lands.

Muslim societies a century back was much more segerated than it is today, but homosexuaity was a phenomenon unknown to many of them.

mhamzah

Jazakallah Khair.

mali1

There is no correlation between segregation and homosexuality. Ask your teacher what he thinks of Christian priests who practise chastity (and do not ever marry and are called fathers/brothers)? Ask him if that is the reason they are either homosexual or abuse kids?

al-muslimah

Jazakum allahu khaaaaaaayran BILLIONSSSS OF TIMEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou for spending your time and answering my question specially for brother AbdAllah84..thats exactly what i wonted!! may allah greant you all jannah.

nope the teacher isnt muslim but all the students are.

al-muslimah

Salam Alaycoum

i have another question here...As you know i was arguaing with my teacher wether there were more gay here in islamic countries or in america (or non muslim countires).. but there is a point here i thought of after reading the posts..
in non muslim countries being gay is quite normal like you can see many of them not ashamed and they are regestered as "GAY"..so when they do statistics they will say that they are gay so they add them to the statistics..but here in islamic countires like in my uni..they are gay but they are ashamed of it like they wont show they are gay outside the uni or infront of there family..so they wont be added to the statistics because they dont admit it..

so what i was saying that both communities have gay but one is added to statistoics and the other is not added to statistics..so the results may not be fair?? so what do you think??

AbdAllah84

Salam Alaycoum

i have another question here...As you know i was arguaing with my teacher wether there were more gay here in islamic countries or in america (or non muslim countires).. but there is a point here i thought of after reading the posts..
in non muslim countries being gay is quite normal like you can see many of them not ashamed and they are regestered as "GAY"..so when they do statistics they will say that they are gay so they add them to the statistics..but here in islamic countires like in my uni..they are gay but they are ashamed of it like they wont show they are gay outside the uni or infront of there family..so they wont be added to the statistics because they dont admit it..

so what i was saying that both communities have gay but one is added to statistoics and the other is not added to statistics..so the results may not be fair?? so what do you think??

No one is denying there are gays in Muslim communities. However what your teacher said there are gays in Muslim countries because of segregation is incorrect. Had it been the case there would have been less gays in Non-Muslim countries due to no segregation there.

Yes, yiou are right statistics can be misleading, but one can simply tell through observation homosexuality is not as big an issue in Muslim countries as it is in Non-Muslim countries.
Your teacher should concentrate on teaching, rather than discussing this issues.

tabaria

There is no correlation between segregation and gays. In the west we do have segregated education in private schools buts its usually to expensive. There isn't a higher rate of homosexual behavior related to those who attended one.

Your teacher doesn't seem qualified. Normally a prof would back it up with some sort of study. I'm going to assume its some prof in the liberal arts.

Also, there have been segregated school's there for while, its only now there has been a spike in homosexual behavior even in people who didn't go to school. Its a foreign cultures influence on weak minded people.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Your teacher should concentrate on teaching, rather than discussing this issues.

The way sister has described that teacher’s absurd response, it sounds he is a gay/homosexual himself!

Anyway, on its own, this is just another action of some non-believer trying to spread lies about Islam. And as to why, you can easily work out the reason behind it yourself.

Al-khalid

As-Salaam alykum,

Islam gave rights to women, no other religion.
God created Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve,
Statistics show that Boys/Girls only schools are performing very well,
Your teacher should research "Teenage pregnancies" and 12year old boy's becoming fathers- and the pyschological effects of abortions for young girls, and the list goes on...

case closed

mahdi

salam

Alsalam alaycom

this is really serious brothers and sisters..in english claa we were taking about how to right argumentitive essays..so our subject 2 days ago was about wether its good to have mixed gender classes or not..so we listed the pro and cons ..

im sure the teacher was "with" as i felt that from his speech but he offended us as muslims alot..well he was saying that becasue in islam its better to have male and female seperated then you dont really know how to deal with other gender. Also having seperate genders causes many gay and lesbians in islamic socities like here are many Gay people (which is true) we do have many gay in our uni..but that doesnt mean that this is the reason because of not having mixed classes..

at that time was really disapointed and stopped him from talking and told him.."so does that mean in america there are no gay???" he said well no..umm yeas but not as much as here (in islamic countries"

is that true? like they have many illeagle marriges and wierd stuff.. brothers and sisters please please help me find trusted statistics of gay people here in islamic countries and people in the west which i can show him later..

jazakum allahu khayran for those who help!!!

If your teacher thinks that seperation is going to lead to homosexual rise, then i must say he is an ignorant person, because the west has more homosexuals then any other people in the world, and they don't seperate different genders. you asked about the stastistics of gay people in islamic countries, i think they are a fraction of the homos in the USA. I never thought homosexuals exist, but when i came to the west i seen it on my own eyes.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:)

talking about gays and school:( it sucks! on April 17th in MY OWN school we had *the day of SILENCE* to speak up for the GLBs(guys,lesbian and bisexuals). yea, it was so CRAZY and we were discussing this in my GOVERNMENT class...subhanaAllah! it's like do we have to go there??? and speaking of discussion were gays CREATED like that or is it JUST them following their desire??? I was just curious. anyway, I dont think GLbs in islamic countries OUTNUMBER those in the NONislamic countries. but this is JUST my thought and Allahu A3lam.
wasalamu Alaikum:)
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)