Hello, I'm new here...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I think wudu is one of the best things in life. During the day we stop and take time to clean our extremities which are in view of Allah during prayer. The etiquette behind this ritual is gorgeous.
You clean yourself before you pray. Think..no Christian goes to church dirty. In no faith does any one present themselves to God unclean. Even in
We are going before our Creator to worship Him and ask for forgiveness of our sins. As I recite..let my mouth be clean...as I stand let my feet be clean...they are a witness to my soul...let my hands which supplicate be spotless.
I hope this sheds some light on the need to be clean to be ready to worship God.

The Jesus thing. The Quran explains to us what exactly happened. It makes absolute sense. All I can say is Muslims respect Jesus very much. And we all believe in the Virgin Birth with no questions.

I recently read a good book,it helped me to understand Jesus came to the Nazarenes. The Prophet was sent as a Mercy to the World. There is no incompatibility. Islam is the completion of Allah's faith on Earth.

Keep asking questions, please.

Jen77

Assalaam walaikum,

I think wudu is one of the best things in life. During the day we stop and take time to clean our extremities which are in view of Allah during prayer. The etiquette behind this ritual is gorgeous.
You clean yourself before you pray. Think..no Christian goes to church dirty. In no faith does any one present themselves to God unclean. Even in
We are going before our Creator to worship Him and ask for forgiveness of our sins. As I recite..let my mouth be clean...as I stand let my feet be clean...they are a witness to my soul...let my hands which supplicate be spotless.

What a great way to explain it. Thank you.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Hey Jen....hope you're having fantastic time here (I am pretty late for the welcoming) nonetheless...*WELCOME TO TTI MY SISTER!!!* :D
Insha'Allaah, the more you learn about Islam, the more sense it'll make to you. But one thing first: evertime you get stuck and dont understand one thing or another.....JUST ASK!!!! no question is stupid or non sense when you're seeking the true way of worshiping the Lord of the heavens and earth, the King of the Kings, the most high and the most merciful. You my sister, want to find the correct way to salvation, so you have to be willing to learn with open mind and insha'Allaah guidance will follow.
it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Jesus wasn't really crucified and that he wasn't the last prophet.
Jesus was not crucified (to my best of understanding) Jesus was meant to come back to this world. He did not die so that he could come back (I am talking about his second coming) and rule this world with Islam. He was not also the last prophet because as you may know, Jesus was ONLY SENT TO THE JEWS. God has chosen to send another prophet after him, one who was sent to all man kind. One who was sent to convey the message to all living beings who are willing to accept the message of God. If Jesus was the last messenger of God, how could we have a universal message of love, peace, and of an Ummah unified under the worship of the one true God??
Mohamed was sent to complete the message of all those who was sent before him.

I hope it makes sense, this is from my limited understanding, I ask my dear brothers and sisters to correct me if I am wrong.

Again I welcome you to the site....and I ask God almighty to show you the way to salvation. The way to his kingdom and his mercy. Ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Hi Jenn, I'm new here, and stuck between Christianity & Islam, too. I found this site through youtube videos. :)

Have you taken any classes on Islam or been to a Masjid at all? I took an "Embrace Islam" class last year for people interested in learning more about Islam. There were people there who were interested in converting (or "reverting" rather), people who weren't interested in following Islam but for educational purposes, and then there were Muslims there who just wanted to take the class/learn more about their religion. It was a really neat experience. My Muslim girl friend invited me, actually. I'd been interested long before I started dating a Muslim man, but have gotten more interested in Islam this past 2 years. I'm still feeling out where I think I should be in my spiritual walk in life.

Hey there...... welcome to TTI....
Hope to hear from you often.

Jen77

Jesus was ONLY SENT TO THE JEWS. God has chosen to send another prophet after him, one who was sent to all man kind.

Thank you for the welcome :) It's funny that you mention that about Jesus. I told a friend today that I used to sit in church hearing how Jesus came for the Jews and I would think how funny it was that Christians just kind of went along for the ride.

I had a thought today, about religion, and I could be very wrong. The Jewish are God's original people. Muslims are the people who follow God's true word. Christians are just kind of stuck in the middle. They are the ones who "took a wrong turn". Of course, that's why God sent us Muhamed.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
There are a couple of things holding me back. it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Jesus wasn't really crucified and that he wasn't the last prophet.

The Glorious Quran, which is the only existing unaltered revelation from God Almighty, Allah. He azz zawajal clearly mentions

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise. [4:157-158]

The reason why Christian theologians are hell bent on proving the crucification of Jesus is because they have tied the event to attaining salvation in the Hereafter. To believe that 'Jesus died for your sins' is a core concept in many of denomination of Christian churches. However, this was never the teaching of Jesus Peace Be Upon Him or a revelation from Allah Almighty.

However, the truth is that salvation lies in *following the commandments of God Almighty as taught by the messenger of God*. So rather it is the concept of Tawheed (or monotheism) that attains salvation from God, which was the core call of every messenger of Allah Almighty.

This monotheistic preaching of Jesus Peace Be Upon Him has not been successfully preserved by his later followers. The book revealed to Jesus Peace Be Upon Him is corrupted by human interference, his teachings have been lost (or if preserved are rarely ever followed). In short, the message, teaching and law that he brought to the jews has been lost.

And this leads to the second part of your question. Allah Almighty sends prophets to correct mankind and bring them back from misguidance that they are upon. And this takes place usually when the message, law and teachings of the previous prophet are lost, altered or rejected by the people of the time. So Allah azz zawajal in His infinite mercy sends another noble and beautiful human being in the form of a prophet to correct and call the people back towards 'submission of Allah Almighty' or in other words 'Islam'. And if my memory serves me right, this same concept is mentioned in the Old testament regarding God Almighty sending Prophet Dawud (David) Alleyhi Salaam to the Israelites.

I think you have got a satisfactory answer about the need of ablution before performing prayers. It is how Allah Almighty legislates for us to worship Him. And He is Ever Wise in His legislation. To follow Allah's command in attaining purity (before performing) prayer is in itself an 'act of worship'. Making Wodhu therefore is an act of Ibadah in itself.

Any worshipper who performs Wodhu will realize that it makes one fresh and rejuvenated to worship Allah Almighty. And as other members mentioned, that we are standing infront of Lord Almighty so we should be clean, dressed appropriately and stand humbly and attentively before our Creator and Sustainer, Lord of Heaven and Earth, Allah Almighty.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
But then I was speaking with a (Muslim) friend and I was told to quit thinking of it because practicing Islam would be too difficult for me in my current situation. I wasn't really sure what to think. I thought maybe that it meant I should slow down and research more.

Hello Jen,

I will politely disagree with what your friend has told you. Any change in our life or any challenge we take up (be it professional, education etc etc) requires some sort of effort on our part. However, most of the goals are attainable if the right approach is taken with proper planning & effort & a sincere effort made.

How can it be that our Creator wants us to live our life by Islam, yet He has made following Islam very difficult ? That would be unreasonable and unfair test for us humans. Wouldn't it ?

To the contrary, I would say that Allah azz zawajal eases everything for us and aids us in learning and practicing our faith. The same way Allah azz zawajal aids a small baby who at first is confined to his bedding to crawl and then walk wobbly then eventually walk confidently.

What's even better is that Allah azz zawajal rewards us abundantly when we struggle to learn and implement his deen in our life and draws us closer to Himself by increasing us in Eeman (Faith). The believer is always in a win-win situation. Our Lord is definitely the most Merciful.

There are muslims across the globe (including Americans) belonging to different ethnicities and culture who have been able to practice Islam and become shining examples of the deen. So why can't you or any of us be one as well ? :)

Finally, I should commend you on your approach to keep learning about Islam and gaining knowledge to appreciate this beautiful way of life with the intention of accepting it as your faith to seek the pleasure of our Creator and attain an abode in Paradise.

I pray to Allah Almighty that He makes everything easy for you in learning Islam, accepting it and being among His righteous and praiseworthy slaves. Ameen

Take care. Have a nice day. :)

brmm

Hi Jenni .... me again!

I had a thought today, about religion, and I could be very wrong. The Jewish are God's original people. Muslims are the people who follow God's true word. Christians are just kind of stuck in the middle. They are the ones who "took a wrong turn". Of course, that's why God sent us Muhamed.

Inshallah everything is fine with u.
1st of all excuse me for my language, I am not a native English speaker. I live in Scandinavia.

I wish to say for u that u r not here because of me or ur Muslim friend or because any one else, He is Allah who wants u here and He is the one who wish to guide u in the right path, we r just tools for His will.

Your idea was just 100% right, mashallah.
Please have a look to the tree of the prophets (PBU them all), maybe the one in the link below:
imgres

As u can see that prophet Ibrahim (PBUH) is called the father of the prophets, he had the oldest son, prophet Ismael (PBUH) which is the great grand father for the Arab and Mohammed (PBUH) and between them there was no prophet.
The young son of Ibrahim was prophet Isaac (PBUH) and he had his son prophet Jakop (Israil /James) who had the 12 sons.

As you can see Allah Almighty had sent all His prophets & messengers for the Sons of Israel (sons of Jakop), starting from Jakop (PBUH) and ending in Jesus (Esa) (PBUH) except for one which is Mohammed.

What is the lesson here ?!
The lesson here is that the Sons of Israel were so bad that God (Allah) kept sending prophets and messengers to them to correct their wrong faith.
Sending many messengers in a nation is not a good sign at all, because it means that the people did not listen to them and Allah needed to send a new one every period of time.
The Sons of Israel (the Jewish) had (in general) 2 behaviors against their prophets & messengers.
The one who was powerful like David, Solomon & Moses (PBUThem) they were forced to respect them.
And the not powerful one like Joseph,Aaron, Zackariah, John & Jesus (PBUThem) they have tried to kill them. They killed prophet John & they were very tough enemies for his cousin prophet Jesus.
There were also, for sure, many believers.

Today as u can see in Israel they don't feel proud of Joseph,Aaron, Zackariah, John & Jesus (PBUThem) in spit of that they were all Jew from the Sons of Israel. Instead their false glory is all about David & Solomon, because they don't like any weak or peaceful person to represent them.

Thats why Allah chose His last messenger from the sons of Ismael.
Having one prophet in the nation of Arab/Muslims means that they have followed this prophet step by step and kept his message to the next generations so there was no need to send another one.

You know....., Alhamdolillah, we have good tiding in the Bible that the Muslim nation will be the highest number in the world.(pls read below)
The angel said to Hagar (Ibrahim’s wife & mother of Ishmael; the great grand father for Mohammed):
“And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply your seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude” Gene 16:10

I will continue inshallah.

BRMM

brmm

salam alaiykom

I will continue inshallah:

We have 2 words (prophet) & (Messenger), every messenger was a prophet, but not every prophet was a messenger.
Ibrahim, Moses, Jesus & Mohammed (Peace be upon them all)for example were messengers and prophets.

Joseph, Aaron, Zachariah and John (Peace be upon them all) were only prophets.

The difference is that: the messenger is a prophet from God(Allah) with a revealed book or instruction from God and a message ((CERTAIN TASK)) that he should perform before his death. Thats why God (ALLAH) Almighty protected His messengers from the people and did not allowed anyone to kill them ((the people were able to heart Allah's messengers)) because how they would finish the tasks if they had been killed ?!

The opposite for Allah's prophet, their job was to remind their people by the word of God, and put them back in the right path. The people were able to heart and kill them and this is what did they do with the last prophet John (PBUH) where they cut off his head.

Mohammed (PBUH) was fighting the disbelievers in the wars, they put the poison in his food, and he was walking in Mecca between his enemies who their close disbeliever relatives have been killed in the war with Muslim and no one was able to kill him, and he was walking alone without guards.
Mohammed have told the Muslims after the second Muslim war, Ohod battle,: I don't need u around me, Allah said to me that he will protect me from everyone.
If he was a false messenger he would not say so to his followers.

Golden_Green

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I discovered this site today. I'm rather excited that I discovered it! I am stuck somewhere in between Christianity and Islam right now and I have many, many questions. I truly don't know which path to follow. I don't ever remember being quite this lost. I want to thank you in advance for your patience!

see, this is the post that had me fired up, and made me sign up for TTI, somewhere between signing up and now, i got distracted and lost in all the posts and discussions. well im glad i found my way back, and Alhamdulillah --all praise is to Allah that many brothers and sisters have responded.

your post about your muslim friend who told you not to embrace islam, that your life is too complicated, i have no idea what islam she is following. Frankly islam is the answer to ones problems, islam makes you understand why we go through trials and tribulations. where christianity tells you that jesus died for you sins --- it does not answer why people are still suffering. Islam on the other hand offers many different explanation for why we go through trials in life, and none of these explanations contradict on another.

brmm

salam alaiykom

Since we live in a time were there is neither a messenger nor a prophet from God, so what is the connection between us and our God ?

Answewr: God's law.
And what is God's law ? Answer: His books.

What are the differences between the books of God? (and let us take the last 3 ones of them: the Torah, the Gospel, and the Quran)

The main difference between (the Torah & the Gospel) from one side and (the Holy Quran) from the other side is that Allah have gave the responsibility to keep His books (both the Torah & the Gospel) to the people (mainly the monks) and they have failed to do so, because every verse that does not serve their businesses, they have took it away or change it to what is proper for them.
Through hundreds of years many people have edited, corrected, added, removed, changed many verses in these 2 books.

The question now: can we still consider them as original guidance books from Allah and follow them ? Answer is NO for sure.

If the case is like this, what this big humanity will do? How it will find the right bath without a preserved book from Allah ?!
Answer: Not possible.
Thats why Allah have sent the Holy Quran, and took the responsibility by himself to keep it to the day of judgment.

Many of neutral readers have said, after reading the Quran, that: it is very clear that God is talking in this book and it is not from mankind.

brmm

salam alaiykom

Lets us takes examples from the Bible and see where are the God's talk and where are the people talk.

“…,I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God” Isai 44:06
It is very clear that God is speaking here.

Now let us see were the people have put in their words and sentences:
1. “When you come, be sure to bring the coat I left with Carpus at Troas. Also bring my books, and especially my papers” 1Timo 04:13
Why God needs to tell us to bring the coat of someone in His book?

2.“Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies” Song 23:03
(No comments)

3.“For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses” Ezek 23:20
(No comments)

4.“1*!How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince's daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman. 2*!Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies. 3*!Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins” Song 07:01-03
(no comments)

5.God is "Lamb" to worship and to eat:
“These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful” Reve 17:14

“And if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb” Exod 12:04

6.Cooking children & eating them:
“So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son” 2Kings 06:29

7.God is “sleepy like a drunk man”
“Then the LORD awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine” Psal 78:65

8.God is “foolish and weak”
“Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men”1Corin 01:25

I have much more....

So, can we follow a book "supposed to be" from God where He (God) said about Himself all these bad things ?

brmm

salam alaiykom

I will take examples from the Bible and show you the huge mislead in it.

“7For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement” 1John 05:07 &/or 08

- New International Version*!(©1984).
- New Living Translation*!(©2007).
- English Standard Version*!(©2001).
- New American Standard Bible*!(©1995).
- International Standard Version*!(©2008).
- GOD'S WORD® (©1995) translation.
- American Standard Version.
- Bible in Basic English.
- Douay-Rheims Bible.
- Darby Bible Translation.
- English Revised Version.
- Weymouth New Testament .
- World English Bible.

This verse is different in other two Bible:

“7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one” 1John 05:07 &/or 08

- King James Bible.
- Webster’s Bible Translation.

so....
which Bible we should follow ?
Why God saying different sentences in these books ?

And according to Christian Scholars this verse had no existence in any Bible before the 15th Century.

Can we still consider this book, The Book of God ?

brmm

Assalam Alaiykom

Just an opinion,
I have heard about the KJV, or King James Translation for the Bible as the most worthy and acceptable one.

After a short review I found that it is NUMBER ONE WORSE translation for the Bible, because the translators were not truthful at all, and they have did their best to fool the people by using an advanced English language and reformulate the sentences in the way that serve the idea "that Jesus is God".

I strongly do not recommend it for any reader.

BRMM

Jen77

BRMM your posts are, as usual, incredibly interesting to read. You are correct about the bible, there are too many different versions. My family has moved several times in the last few years and have been to several different churches, each using a different form of the bible. There are also over 30,000 different "sects" of christianity. Makes it a little difficult to find the truth I think! You definitely give me lots to think about!

brmm

short story

Jennifer (I wish to call you sister Jennifer),
I have heard a very nice story from a converted brother:

He said:
When I went to the mosque to do my Shahada front of other Muslims and I finished it, all the brothers around me were very happy and came to me to say congratulation ... congratulation.
He said:
I did not care much about anyone of them except for one brother: he did not say "congratulation" but he said to me "Look: today you have saved your self from Hell"

Inshallah you will not wait too long to do so. Amen.

BRMM

brmm

One more note for now

Hi Jennifer,
I don't know if u know or u don't, but there is NOT even a single letter difference between any 2 Arabic Qurans since the time of prophet Mohammed.

Take any 2 Arabic books in the world, from any country or age, and they should be identical.
And this is what God's book should be.

All the books which are not in Arabic, we call them translations for the Holy Quran and we don't call them Holy Qurans.

It is your right to ask us and our duty to answer you.

Allah inshallah will open your eyes for the truth. Amen.

BRMM

brmm

Sadly, I have no husband. I'm newly divorced. The kids' father decided he wanted someone other than me...

God says in the Quran 31:34 "....,And no soul knows what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Ever-Knowing, Ever-Cognizant"

Maybe it is good without a husband for now, God wants u for something else better!