Hello, I'm new here...

Jen77

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I discovered this site today. I'm rather excited that I discovered it! I am stuck somewhere in between Christianity and Islam right now and I have many, many questions. I truly don't know which path to follow. I don't ever remember being quite this lost. I want to thank you in advance for your patience!

auroran

:salam2:

Welcome to TTI.

Insha' Allaah ta'aala your questions will be answered, just ask.

Kakorot

Hello Jennifer.

Welcome to TTI. This site has a lot of info about Islam, so hopefully you'll stick around and gain some knowledge about what Islam teaches.

May Allaah guide you. Take care. :)

lotus

Hi Jenn, I'm new here, and stuck between Christianity & Islam, too. I found this site through youtube videos. :)

Have you taken any classes on Islam or been to a Masjid at all? I took an "Embrace Islam" class last year for people interested in learning more about Islam. There were people there who were interested in converting (or "reverting" rather), people who weren't interested in following Islam but for educational purposes, and then there were Muslims there who just wanted to take the class/learn more about their religion. It was a really neat experience. My Muslim girl friend invited me, actually. I'd been interested long before I started dating a Muslim man, but have gotten more interested in Islam this past 2 years. I'm still feeling out where I think I should be in my spiritual walk in life.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Hello Jennifer

We welcome you here. Please feel free to ask your questions after all TTI is about answering and correcting misconceptions about Islam.

It is Allah who guides his people to his religion.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you Jennifer,

welcome to TTI forum. You are free to ask what ever you want and we try our best to find you rightfull answers if we ever can. Don´t think your questions might be silly - we all have asked same in our times.

:shymuslima1:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Peace be upon you both sisters Jennifer and Lotus :)

Finally after a long journey throughout the life, we TTI family are very glad to welcome you both, with lots of respect and joy. Please feel free to ask any of your questions out here, so that inshaAllah the knowledgeable brothers and sisters will surely help you with the Will of Allah (God). :)

Oh! And one more thing to remind to you both. "The most stupid of questions are those which is kept unasked." So don't keep any question hidden. Feel free. :):)

Once again, Welcome to the Family.

JenGiove

:salam2: (asalaamu alaikum) Jen and Lotus,

Hey, guess what? I'm Jen too AND I also found TTI though youtube videos...:) Welcome to the site! I'm nont a Muslim and nor am I looking to become one (yes, I know, weird)... :)

My advise, don't rush into anything. Islam is incredible logical and filled with mercy but its also incredibly complicated. Without extensive learning, simple things can be misunderstood. So, please, even when you feel like you want to throw up your hands and give up and get angry, take a deep breath and ask remember "Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How"...I saved a friendship because I took the time to ask "How"... :)

Arabic sometimes doesn't translate accurately into english...such as the word "beat" in relation to women. ROTFL! The meaning in Arabic and the meaning in English are not the same! lol!! So just keep that in mind.

Here on TTI, you have the world at your fingertips and eyes. Have patience with the members because even though their english may be superbe at times, it is still a second language and so some nuance might not be understood. The same goes in reverse. They may misunderstand YOU.....

But its still the world made available on your desktop. No passport needed!

Jen77

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Lotus, I haven't had a lot of time to research Islam other than online or books. I also have a couple of Egyptian friends that I talk with. I'm newly divorced with two kids and am a little shy so I haven't been to a Masjid yet.

Jen and Lotus, I did it backwards and found TTI first, then the videos! I watched a couple yesterday that pushed me one step closer to Islam. It was exciting to know that other people mirror some of my thoughts about Christianity.

Thanks again!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Don´t even think to feel shy when you go to mosque (hopely with your kids). You will be the most welcome there.

:hearts:

JenGiove

Don´t even think to feel shy when you go to mosque (hopely with your kids). You will be the most welcome there.

Just make sure that when you DO go to a Masjid that you dress appropriately. Floor length A-line skirts and an oversized longsleeve shirt. Also bring along a pashmina to cover your hair, neck and down over your shoulders. While they may have something there that may have a real Abaya to change into for you, since you are a visitor, the effort to dress modestly and chastly will be appreciated and noted. I have yet to go to one myself.

I don't know if you sew but I have a link for handmade abayas if you want it....if any sister wants it.

Jen77

Thank you. I would love to bring my kids with me but their father is not really happy with my interest in Islam. He is a Baptist but I can certainly say not a very good one. It is just one of the road blocks I will have to wok around should I choose this path.

Jen, I find that I'm already dressing more modestly. I've never been one to wear revealing clothes but I am much more conscious about how I dress now. Kind of silly I suppose...

I have one question. Is there a certain forum I need to post my questions in?

JenGiove

Thank you. I would love to bring my kids with me but their father is not really happy with my interest in Islam. He is a Baptist but I can certainly say not a very good one. It is just one of the road blocks I will have to wok around should I choose this path.

Jen, I find that I'm already dressing more modestly. I've never been one to wear revealing clothes but I am much more conscious about how I dress now. Kind of silly I suppose...

:salam2: (asalaamu alaikum-peace be unto you)

Yeah, having a non-believing husband can be tough but right now you are just learning about islam so just tell him that there is nothing wrong about learning something new.

I've always dressed modestly, but only because I have such a low opinion of my own looks. I'm learning to change that additude tho. Takes time to overcome the brainwashing of a parent.

As for posting questions, what I did to start out, since I was so new, was post them in the new members forum but if you know that your question is, say, political or about women or about the Qu'ran or Hadeeths, then click on the appropriate forum. If you're not sure where to put it, the main lounge is fine and just request in the post for the Moderators to move it if they feel its needed and they will once they see it.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:A warm welcome to you jen,my advice would be that you never feel ashamed to ask a question, feel at ease.Learn with your heart,do not get to much into technical matters at first ,concentrate on the broad tenets ,if you keep the right perspective at sight ,it is not complicated at all Otherwise you might get lost very quickly,the data is huge.

We are talking about centuries and centuries of different scholars with different opinions, different contexts,thousands and thousands of books,linguistic and ontological exegeses. ..etc.The intellectual quest might be satisfying to the inquisitive mind, it is dull however without the intelligence of the heart,after all is a spiritual quest that drove you here in the first place .Once you have acquired a certain insider understanding and actually believe what you say, then and only then you can go on studying the various issues regarding the legal or juristic dimensions .You can not explain or give yourself or to others something that you can not grasp.The first and greatest Muslim did not start by being Legal analysts they had faith this is what gave them the authority to speak,explain and propagate on a non superficial level.

I would like to direct your attention to this link below,I find the thread to be very interesting and entertaining at the same time.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20400&highlight=reversion

Read also the threads of sister Mairo Inshallah(God Willing), which is an American revert with quite a respectable understanding of the basics.

Here is her account below:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2582163

By the way Nebraska just sound coooold.Nature must be beautiful tough, I have been to other states and cities before, but not to Nebraska

Welcome to TTI again, be well.

Jen77

:salam2: (asalaamu alaikum-peace be unto you)

Yeah, having a non-believing husband can be tough but right now you are just learning about islam so just tell him that there is nothing wrong about learning something new.

I've always dressed modestly, but only because I have such a low opinion of my own looks. I'm learning to change that additude tho. Takes time to overcome the brainwashing of a parent.

Sadly, I have no husband. I'm newly divorced. The kids' father decided he wanted someone other than me. He is still very involved with the kids though, which is a good thing. It just makes it a little bit harder because his family are Southern Baptists. But I know that God will lead me in the right direction.

Jen, it sounds as though you didn't have the happiest of childhoods, I'm so sorry for that. Have faith yourself because you seem like an intelligent and wonderful person.

Justoneofmillion, thank you for the welcome! Listening with my heart isn't a huge problem, if I didn't I would still be going to a Baptist church! Being in America I've learned that you have to look through people's opinions to find the truth. And yes, Nebraska is COLD! I've been here for a year. The kids and I are moving back west though, in July...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome To TTI.

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I discovered this site today. I'm rather excited that I discovered it! I am stuck somewhere in between Christianity and Islam right now and I have many, many questions. I truly don't know which path to follow. I don't ever remember being quite this lost. I want to thank you in advance for your patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
To my brothers and sisters,

And
Greeting
To Jennifer.

Welcome To TTI.

Take Care!
Wassalam :)