How do I support my NEW Sister???

du'a

sorry, i dont know how to edit my post...

what i forgot to say was that the woman who they showed everything to eventually left islam, as im guessing she was overwhelmed and found it too much too quickly.

find out about her character, why she reverted and take it slowly

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:

I would appreciate if any new muslims or reverts could write how they were helped and what helped them the most????

that will really help inshallah:blackhijab:

:wasalam:

Wa alaikome salam.....

I think the thing that helped me the most was when I went to Morocco the family I stayed with actually taught me how to pray. The woman didnt even speak English and I dont speak Arabic but somehow she was able to teach me EXACTLY how to pray and I learned the most there. I am now able to pray by myself and even if my Arabic isnt the best Im sure Allah understands me.

I think the most overwhelming part of being a revert was learning about the salat because when I read about it online there seemed to be so many rules it really scared me because I thought there was no way I would ever get it right but it was an illusion because now I feel I am able to pray with no problem although I must admit I am still a little confused about the hours we are NOT supposed to pray so I just try my best to always pray in the right time and that way I dont have to worry about it.

My suggestion to you is try your best to be there for her questions and if you are able to do so pray beside her so she can see how its done.....watch the way she gets into the positions to make sure her feet are together....her arms are far enough apart......etc. This is the best way to help someone who is probably already very overwhelmed by it all.

Wa alaikome salam.....

I think the thing that helped me the most was when I went to Morocco the family I stayed with actually taught me how to pray. The woman didnt even speak English and I dont speak Arabic but somehow she was able to teach me EXACTLY how to pray and I learned the most there. I am now able to pray by myself and even if my Arabic isnt the best Im sure Allah understands me.

I think the most overwhelming part of being a revert was learning about the salat because when I read about it online there seemed to be so many rules it really scared me because I thought there was no way I would ever get it right but it was an illusion because now I feel I am able to pray with no problem although I must admit I am still a little confused about the hours we are NOT supposed to pray so I just try my best to always pray in the right time and that way I dont have to worry about it.

My suggestion to you is try your best to be there for her questions and if you are able to do so pray beside her so she can see how its done.....watch the way she gets into the positions to make sure her feet are together....her arms are far enough apart......etc. This is the best way to help someone who is probably already very overwhelmed by it all.

:salam2:

barakaAllah feeki,

be patient, give yourself time to grow(in understanding) and continually ask Allah for guidance. You remember in surah Al-Fatiha we ask Allah for guidance in ayah 6. Your understanding will come, in sha Allah.

There will be different methods you are informed to pray because the prophet PBUH, did somethings different at different times. The best advice with these things should be obtained from a Imam, for it is what they have dedicated their lives to do. Online you will only find varying information and may not be reliable.

I will make duaa for you and all of us, in sha Allah.

:wasalam: