How do you forgive?

happy_now

I seem to have difficulty forgiving. My mom had told me many times that I need to improve my forgiveness skills. I just can't seem to do it I think.

Seriously. I can't seem to just let it go.

I mean, I think it's gone and it does not matter anymore - life is happy. But the next time I get upset, it is there again. So now I'm upset about 2 things. Then the next time, I'm upset about 3 things....it just goes on forever.

How do I just get over it?

I've been searching online and what I've read talks about letting go, but I can't see where it's explained how.

How do you guys do it?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Salam to you my sister. My advise is do a lot of zikr, make it daily without fail. Zikr will cleanse your heart, if your heart is "weak" you will find it difficult to forgive ppl.

Pls forgive me if I ever said anything wrong sister.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I seem to have difficulty forgiving. My mom had told me many times that I need to improve my forgiveness skills. I just can't seem to do it I think.

Seriously. I can't seem to just let it go.

I mean, I think it's gone and it does not matter anymore - life is happy. But the next time I get upset, it is there again. So now I'm upset about 2 things. Then the next time, I'm upset about 3 things....it just goes on forever.

How do I just get over it?

I've been searching online and what I've read talks about letting go, but I can't see where it's explained how.

How do you guys do it?

As salamo alaikome.......

Usually I just put in my mind that Allah forgives easily those who forgive others easily and put that together with the fact that I have ALOT to be forgiven for........it seems the logical thing to do. So I try to put myself in that persons shoes and say that is ME who angered Allah and what if HE wont forgive ME????? With this philosophy in mind I think it might be a bit easier to forgive and especially if you consider the alternative if Allah decides HE doesnt want to forgive YOU from your sins. Think about it.