How should I answer my daughter

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

My ex-husband took my daughter from me when she was six.
She was raised with him in Georgia I was only able to see her two to three months every year. She is twenty now and has a 6month old son and she has just found out she is pregnant again. She is very upset she thinks her life is over and is not happy about it. I tryed to explain to her that babies were a blessing and it would be rough but it would be ok. She is worried about there money situation and that they cannot really afford another child at this time. I told her not to worry because Allah always provides for children. She said why are there children dying of starvation in the world. I did not know the best way to respond my daughter is sortof like an Atheist. Can anyone give me some wise words to say to her?:(

Please could you also pray for Allah to guide her please?
:tti_sister:

Rashadi

Assalam Alaikum

She was raised with him in Georgia I was only able to see her two to three months every year. She is twenty now and has a 6month old son and she has just found out she is pregnant again. She is very upset she thinks her life is over and is not happy about it. I tryed to explain to her that babies were a blessing and it would be rough but it would be ok. She is worried about there money situation and that they cannot really afford another child at this time. I told her not to worry because Allah always provides for children. She said why are there children dying of starvation in the world. I did not know the best way to respond my daughter is sortof like an Atheist. Can anyone give me some wise words to say to her?:(

Salaam Aleykom sister Amina, first of all, I am sorry to hear about her struggles and may Allah guide her and help her, ameen. I would suggest that you explain to her the purpose of life and that will explain why there are starving children or unhealthy people, etc. Allah has placed us here with a purpose and this life is a test as a whole. Whether a person is wealthy or poor, both are only tests. Wealth can be a blessing if one uses it correctly or could end up being the opposite and nothing but bad. Allah tests some people by others. It is our duty to help those in need and provide for the less fortunate, the handicaped, etc.

If we all were doing our part and seriously doing Islam(Submission to the will of God), things would be much better for others and ourselves. Tell her that there is a purpose in everything and it is an obligation for those who have wealth to help others. It is the duty of every Muslim to pay zakat yearly if one is able, and one is also encouraged to practice regular charity in addition to zakat. I would start by explaining to her about Tawhid(pure monotheism) and our purpose in life. After that, everything should become clear, obvious and she will understand, inshaAllah.

May Allah guide her and help her with her struggles, Ameen.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

(Al-Isra 17) And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin. (31)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister, Allah listens and always fulfilled dua from parents for their children. Dua a lot to Allah. What you informed your daugther was very true.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalam Alaikum

assalamu 'alykum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu
Dear sister you tried well.I will suggest that you make her understand through Qur'an and hadith the truths of the life of this world like in Qur'an it says about life ::
And present to them the example of the life of this world, [its being] like rain which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it and [then] it becomes dry remnants, scattered by the winds. And Allah is ever, over all things, Perfect in Ability.(18:045)

Wealth and children are [but] adornment of the worldly life. But the enduring good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one's] hope.(18:46)

And do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [some] categories of them, [its being but] the splendor of worldly life by which We test them. And the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring.(20:131)

And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.
(29:64)

[This] worldly life is only amusement and diversion. And if you believe and fear Allah , He will give you your rewards and not ask you for your properties.
(47:36)

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.(57:20)

...And the life of this world is ONLY THE ENJOYMENT OF A DECEPTION.(3:185)

Then tell her about the trials that we will come across in this life are only tests for us::

And that Allah may purify the believers [through trials] and destroy the disbelievers.(3:141)

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said,"When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near. (2:214)

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. (3:186)

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?(29:002)

Then tell her about hereafter,I hope you can tell her much more but I have just a few verse which mellows with the heart when we talk of hereafter::

[To the righteous it will be said], "O reassured soul,
Return to your Lord, well-pleased and pleasing [to Him],
And enter among My [righteous] servants
And enter My Paradise."(89:27-30)

May Allah guide her.
Ameen.
Allah be with you and with us .
Ameen
:wasalam:

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

Jazak Allah Khair thank you all so much for your wise words:hearts: may Allah let her hear them:tti_sister:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

Allah has created disabled / poor /etc.. people as a test for the rich / strong /etc people of this world. LIFE IS A TEST. So these rich people are being tested by Allah, to see if they will help the poor and needy, especially the familly of the person.

These disabled people are assured paradise As well as their parents, because they had patience and took care of child/ family member / orphan etc...

:salam2:
Ps. lol I love the word - etc....:) May Allah Guide Us All To The Straight Path

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh my dearly respected sister Aminah.

If Allah Ta Alla wills, this letter may benefit you and make you feel content. May this letter reach you in the best state of health, Eman, and positive mood. Ameen.

As regards to your daughter's question, I've thought about this one rhetorical question that Atheists try to bring up, and Alhamdulillah, Allah Ta Alla has given me the answer.

The reason why there are so many problems in the world; poverty, viruses, war, dying children, etc. Is all because Allah Ta Alla wants to show the real face of the world of this Life (it's ugliness), and so that we will hope and think about Jannah, because of what is has (it's beauty).

And as long as a Mu'min has his trust in Allah Ta Alla, then his life will go through in ease, and Allah Ta Alla will be his companion to aid him, till the very end (when he reaches Jannah).

Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh sister Aminah.

halah

Wa alikum asslam wa rahamtullah

Dear sister,just one question;
Hasn't your daughter heared about those who are eager to have just one child? those who wish if they could give up their wealth and all what they own just to have one baby?

Just let her to put trust in Allah the only one Who provides us all and all the creatures with provision .

hana*

the answer to youre daughters question is simple: there is so much poverty in the world as a result of mankinds own actions. if everyone, who could afford it, paid a small amount of their income to charity (e.g zakaat) then there would be no poverty in the world. furthermore, in the western countries there is so much waste with regards to food, medicines etc also poor countries such as in africa have become in this state because of the loaning system offered to them by western countries which in reallity has only made the poor poorer and the rich richer. so poverty is from the actions of mankind.the islamic way is perfect: no interest (for the above reasons) and give zakaat if you earn over a certain ammount. if everyone followed this, there would be no poverty. the western society is going downhill due to the corrupt loaning system and interest.