i can't decide which surah to recite during salah

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

well i have a problem, actually i'm not sure if it's problem. okay, here it goes:

when it's time for me to recite after fatiha i sometimes pause for a few minutes because i'm deciding which surah i should recite after that one. my memoriztion has grown tremendously and there are so many ayahs that i love that i'm debating which ones i should recite. but there are some surah and ayah that i love so much that i don't feel right without reciting them, but i'm not sure if it's okay to just recite my favorite ones only.

:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
That happens to me sometimes but i just recite that one that comes to my mind

thank you brother. when you read quran more and more in it's arabic and let it penetrate your heart; you get moved and then when you thought you've heard your favorite you find another one that you like even more.

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Well brother, depending on the Surah's you have memorised, recite the ones the Prophet :saw: recited. Simple :) Check Shaykh Al-Albaani's (May Allah have mercy on him) book on Prayer if you have it.

Wasalam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
This is what I sometimes do. Before I pray, I decide what surahs or ayats I am going to recite to avoid the pauses and deciding after I start. Know what you are going to recite before salat inshallah. I know its hard because there are so many beautiful surahs and ayats that touch your heart, but just try and it will be easier inshallah. It works for me.:hearts:

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. I usually dont plan which sura to read it just i that read what comes in my mind at that moment.
Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

f.faysal

masha'allah

assalamo alaykom,
dear nyerekareem,you reach a great level of khoshou' in your prayer that you hesitate that much in which soura you should recite,as you like most of them,masha'allah...
what i can tell you as advice,2 things :
- if you are learning coran,try to recite the verses you're trying to learn,that will help you learn them quickly (also those you become to forget a little)
- one important thing,you must recite the soura in the order of coran,ex:
in the first rakaa',you recite some verses from alkahf,so in the next rakaa' you must recite something AFTER alkahf.don't recite backward...
it's how our prophet Mohamed pbhu used to do..
may allah help us in the right path..