I Need Help With Math!!

Sakeena

Asalamu alaikum everyone, :SMILY259:

I really need help with math, so I thought that perhaps you had services here or offered some help inshallah... :girl3: I'm not doing very well in math and I want to do better and fast inshallah!! I find division to imtimidating and I can't divide without a calculator subhanAllah... :shymuslima1: Please, please help me with this inshallah!! :( :(

thanks,

ma salaams,

-Sakeena :hijabi:

arzafar

ok bring it on.
in fact why dont you post your problem in the "we love math" thread.
yah rite you hate math!

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

I agree with brother Al-Kashmiri - I had someone recommend the above videos to me as well before, and I went through a few and they're pretty neat and cover a broad range of subjects. You can come across them on youtube as well... here: http://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy

With different categories, you can figure out the things you might want to review.

wasalam

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
mE TOO ZAKEENA :(BUT I DON'T LIKE MATH LOL:D AM NOT GOOD AT MATH @ ALL ME TOO I DON'T LIKE MATH ;) I ALMOST FAIL ALGEBRA 1 :( I DIDN'T FAIL BUT I DID ALMOST:( I GOT AN "C" BUT STILL IAM TRYING MY BEST INSHALLAH :SMILY26::SMILY26::SMILY26:

4mMadara2Amina

:)))))))))))))

If you need any help in Algebra you can write me. In geometry am not so strong as in Algebra. Always here to help. Wa salam alykom. :hearts:

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
WoW..... i never heard some one saying i love math except you subhanallah manshallah bro/or sis :D good luck been in love with math. :) sis ter Amina inshallah i will. jazakalakhayera.also iam so confuse abt dat angles stuff SIde Side Side and AAA

wasalama Alykum :D

4mMadara2Amina

:)))))))))))))

I do like maths, just the thing is that sometimes need a little bit more attention for some tasks. Nice way to 'move brains' :D

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Well, unfortunately, you can't hate maths. At least put some liking in it. Even if its only 10%. Lol

My lecturer once said that maths is very important in one's daily life. You will easily be cheated by people if you don't know much about maths. Let's say you didnt count the balance (and dont know how to) you got from buying something, so it can happen where they can give you less than what you're supposed to get.

Besides, mathematics is the "mother" to all sciences fields. Be it chemistry or physics. Maths is the most crucial.

Maths dont "kill" brains. But it will sharpen your brain. Hope I gave you some "likings" for maths now :)

Oh, sorry for the lecture.

Wassalam.

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Sis Aisha you don't know hw much i hate math. But still iam not liking math lol :D sis. It's ok for the lecture Sis :D

Sakeena

THANK YOU!!

Asalam alaikum all, :SMILY259:

thanks for the links and advice, my math instructor explained the problems the class has been working on and now I understand a lot better alhamdulilah! It's been a while since I've taken math hehe.. not since high school :biggrin: lol mashaAllah!! :hearts:

abdullah1111

maths

:salam2:salam
i do maths alot with my dad and its my main subject. divison is split into two, long and short division short divison is simple
example

300/20 (threehundred divided by 20)
an easy way to do this is to cancel out matching zeros

30/2 (as you can see we took one zero from the 300 and one from the 20)

now we have a divided by 2 so we simply half the 30

30/2=15

so 300/20=15

to prove so we do 15x20
15x2=30 plus the zero we took off = 300 (correct
another way of checking is

300/15 [it should give you twenty]

in here we can't take any zeros so we 'simplyfie'
15 divides by 3 or 5 [3 is easyist]
so 300/15 will become 100/5

100/5 [hmm.... still to complex lets simplifie again]
both 100 and 5 can divide by 5 so
100/5 becomes 20/1

so the answers is 20!!! [ notice anything divided by 1 is the same]

hope this helped salam
Abdullah1111

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Dang ya'll:p...hoW can someone hate math?? That's my (LEAST) favorite subject!:p:p honestly tho, sometimes, I don't really get the poin of learnin' maths...All ya need to know is add and subtract, so yu won't get cheated by store clerks:)- No one needs to learn Algebra, Geometry, Trig(MA fave:)) or Calc(the most complicated one:biggrin::biggrin:)

...@Math lovers, it's just my opinion, don't jump me alright:biggrin::biggrin:

arzafar

:salam2:salam
i do maths alot with my dad and its my main subject. divison is split into two, long and short division short divison is simple
example

300/20 (threehundred divided by 20)
an easy way to do this is to cancel out matching zeros

30/2 (as you can see we took one zero from the 300 and one from the 20)

now we have a divided by 2 so we simply half the 30

30/2=15

so 300/20=15

to prove so we do 15x20
15x2=30 plus the zero we took off = 300 (correct
another way of checking is

300/15 [it should give you twenty]

in here we can't take any zeros so we 'simplyfie'
15 divides by 3 or 5 [3 is easyist]
so 300/15 will become 100/5

100/5 [hmm.... still to complex lets simplifie again]
both 100 and 5 can divide by 5 so
100/5 becomes 20/1

so the answers is 20!!! [ notice anything divided by 1 is the same]

hope this helped salam
Abdullah1111

you got some nice tricks up your sleeve. here is another one.

multiplying by 25
32 x 25 = ?
multiply by 100 and divide by 2 (add to zeroes beside 32 and divide the new no by 4)
so 32 x 25 = 3200/4 = 800

abdullah1111

you got some nice tricks up your sleeve. here is another one.

multiplying by 25
32 x 25 = ?
multiply by 100 and divide by 2 (add to zeroes beside 32 and divide the new no by 4)
so 32 x 25 = 3200/4 = 800

nice one
heres another

to figure if a number is divideable by 3

i.e. 762

add the first and last numbers

i.e. 7+2

if the result is a multiple of 3 then the whole orginal number can be divided by 3

i.e. 7+2=9 (3x3=9) so 762 can be divided by 3

to prove this

762/3 =254
yippe im correct
jazakallah for the complement azafar

arzafar

nice one
heres another

to figure if a number is divideable by 3

i.e. 762

add the first and last numbers

i.e. 7+2

if the result is a multiple of 3 then the whole orginal number can be divided by 3

i.e. 7+2=9 (3x3=9) so 762 can be divided by 3

to prove this

762/3 =254
yippe im correct
jazakallah for the complement azafar

not so fast einstein
what about 702, 712, 722, 732, 742, 752, 772, 782 and 792?
only 702, 732 and 792 are divisible by 3

the correct method to find out whether a number is divisible by 3 is to sum up all the digits and if the sum of all digits is divisible by 3 then the number is divisible by 3. try it with a few (5-7) diff numbers?