I wanted to ask.... Reply plz :)

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
Hello to all members or as you people say ":salam2:"

Lol im feeling awkward saying that cuz im not a muslim :(
I dont know how to pronounce it...Ok sorry thats not what i really wanted to ask.. sorry

What i wanted to say is that my friend or should i say my best friend now (the one who told me about TTI) was yesterday talkin about food...like things like pork or in simple words pig meat is not good and muslims dont eat it.
I'd be happy to inform you members that....i felt so happy at that moment...cuz i dont like pork..and my mom and the rest people make fun of me saying things like " have you ever heard that a person says no to bacon or prok" etc....now i have proof that muslims also dont eat it too. :D

I dont eat it cuz i never really liked it.....i took it's first bite and spit it out
( for which i earned an hour shouting from my mom)

But i want to ask that why is it harmful and why muslims dont eat it?????????????

If u tell me i have a solid reason and hopefully i'll convince my mom to stop eating it too!!!

P.S: I'm still continueing wearing long sleeved shirts and jeans...my mom just thinks im weird...but i dont care...i mean i've started to feel comfortable by not exposing my skin to others, Do u think God is happy with me?? I hope He is...i even have started to ask for His help...Hope all ends well...pray for me my dear TTI family.. :)

Amy

BNDGR

Hi Amy,
I'm not knowledgable enough to answer about the exact reasons about pork, so I'll let someone else give you the proofs you are requesting. I did want to comment on your modesty, you sound like you respect yourself and want others to respect you also, and yes I think God would be very happy with you for sure! I am a revert a little over a year now, and dressing modestly is looked at as wierd, but showing off tons of skin in perfectly oK??? Such ignorance, huh?! Take care!:tti_sister:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:wasalam: sister Amy,
May Allah Ta'ala guide you to the straight path. Ameen
Here is an answer to you question regarding pork.

Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?‏

Answer:
The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.
"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]
The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus
"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".
"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."
[Leviticus 11:7-8]
Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy
"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."
[Deuteronomy 14:8]
A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.
Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.
Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbor excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animal

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs

Your concern about good deeds being accepted while not have testified to the Oneness of Allah Ta'ala- Shahadah.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us in more than one hadeeth that Allaah does not accept any righteous deeds until after the person has uttered the Shahaadatayn.

Indeed he told his companions not to tell anyone to do any of the rituals of Islam until they had pronounced the Shahaadatayn. In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (7372) and Saheeh Muslim (19) it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent Mu’aadh to Yemen to call the People of the Book to Islam, he said to him: “You are going to some people from among the People of the Book. Call them to bear witness that there is no god but Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah. If they accept that, then tell them that Allaah has enjoined on them five prayers each day and night. If they accept that, then tell them that Allaah has enjoined upon them charity [zakaah] to be taken from their rich and given to their poor…” According to a report in Saheeh Muslim he said: “Let the first thing to which you call them be…”

ShyHijabi

Any medical profrofessional will tall you pork is an unhealthy meat. When we have patients come in obese and/or high blood pressure one of the things we advise them is to cut pork out of their diet. Pork is extremely fatty and loaded with LDL (unhealthy form of cholesterol) not to mention loaded with salt.

As the pervious poster showed, it also has a nasty ability to carry quit a few parasites. I have a friend that is a pig farmer and her father admits they are pretty filthy creatures. (they stilll eat pork and they are devout Christians)

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
hey!!

thnx for the replies!!! @Aquarious thnx for the detailed reply!!!
The article was so convincing, i've printed it and im gonna show it to my mom. Plus i've thought over clearly and im never even gonna look at pork again!!!
May God Bless you!!!
@ the other member ur reply was so nice!! When did u convert? Nice to hear from u anyway :D

Amy

abdullahinislam

Pork is one of the only animals on earth who's skin resembles human skin, it is in fact so close that when you burn yourself, you can have pig skin grafted on the wound, obviously if you do not have enough donor sites on your own body. There are also other parts of pig anatomy that can be transplanted in to a human being, being that the genetic similarities are so close.

I had a friend who actually converted to Islam from Christianity maybe 2 years ago now talk to me about this subject and he told me that he has, since he stayed on a farm, smelled the smell of rotting pig flesh. Unfortunatly, a neighbour of his once he moved to town in paris to do his degree died in the home. After some period of time, the stench became strong and he said that the smell was identical. It is one of those smells that you never forget.

Of course all the scriptural reasons are better but being that you are not a Muslim, I avoided using religious proofs and stayed with scientific or medical fact. :)

Hope this helps you speak with your mum :)

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Besides being forbidden Islamically...
A pig will eat anything, I mean anything. The things pigs eat, are not broken down in their body, it goes right to their fat. The part that gives the flavor to the pig? The fat. So, if a pig eats feces, and you eat the pig, might as well cut out the "middle man" (i.e. the pig) and eat the feces yourself. It is the same thing.

Would you do that? I think not, and hope not.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Hi Amy,
Love your posts. I think you don't eat pork because you have a natural inclination towards the righteousness.

Now the main reason we Muslims don't eat pig meat is because it is forbidden by Allah. And as you may be aware that pig meat was also forbidden in Judaism and in early Christianity before St Paul okayed it. So Jews also do not eat pork.

There is a doctor named Peter D'Adamo who has written a book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type". It states that people ought to eat foods that "agree" with their blood type, be it O, A, B, or AB. He bases this on testing the lectins found in foods on the different types of blood. Lectins which are harmful to the blood cause it to coagulate quickly and have other undesirable traits. Foods which are beneficial cause it to become more "slippery" and transport nutrients and oxygen more effectively.

If you search the internet you will find a lot of information regarding his findings and his book.

For example:
http://www.electroherbalism.com/Naturopathy/Therapies/Diet/EatRight4YourType.htm

Here are blood type diets:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~sshapiro/ER4YT/FoodLists_TOC.html

One thing you will find is that Bacon/Ham/Pork is in AVOID list for all blood types.
This doctor is a Christian so he is not doing it for religious reason.... he is doing it because Pig meat is really very unhealthy for human consumption, and Allah the God Almighty knows this and so he has forbidden us humans to eat it.

Hope you will find this helpful.
:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
P.S: I'm still continueing wearing long sleeved shirts and jeans...my mom just thinks im weird...but i dont care...i mean i've started to feel comfortable by not exposing my skin to others, Do u think God is happy with me?? I hope He is...i even have started to ask for His help...Hope all ends well...pray for me my dear TTI family.. :)

Amy

:salam2:
My dear and smart sister Amy,

Let me quote here some Hadees (sayings of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) for you:

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) has said that Allah says:
I am closer to My servant than he think, and I am with him whenever He recollects Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I remember him in Myself, and if he remembers Me in a gathering I remember him in a gathering better than his, and if he approaches Me by as much as one hand's length, I approach him by a cubit.... If he takes a step towards me, I run towards him.

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "God is MORE pleased with the repentance of a servant as he turns towards Him for repentance than this that one amongst you is upon the camel in a waterless desert and there is upon (that camel) his provision of food and drink also and it is lost by him, and he having lost all hope (to get that) lies down in the shadow and is disappointed about his camel and there he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of his nosestring and then out of boundless joy says: O Allah! You are my servant and I am Your Lord. He commits this mistake out of extreme delight." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. #4, #6618)

Notice that God is "more" pleased than this ecstatic servant. Now, do we matter to God? Does He care about us? You can draw your own conclusion. My feeling is that He does. A great deal!

About praying (supplication) here is verse from Quran:
"When My servants asks you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the calls of every supplicant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me, that they may walk in the right path." [al-Qur'an/2/al-Baqara/186]

:wasalam:

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

People who eat pig meat will most likely have tapeworms attached to their stomach or intestine walls. Show your mother the following pictures:
1) tapeworm
2) tapeworms in stomach wall
3) Head of a tapeworm with hooks and suctions.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Attachments

• tapeworm2.jpg
    tapeworm2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 15
  • tapeworm1.jpg
    tapeworm1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
  • tapeworm_head.jpg
    tapeworm_head.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 14

rtbour

american muslima
Pork is one of the only animals on earth who's skin resembles human skin, it is in fact so close that when you burn yourself, you can have pig skin grafted on the wound, obviously if you do not have enough donor sites on your own body.

I am an american revert and I have always had the same issue as the girl who posted the question about why is pork bad. I never liked it- ESPECIALLY HAM. The reason is because when you look at ham, you can see this pattern on it that is so weird- it reminds me of a human. It makes me sick. Brother who posted this about pigs resembling humans- you are very right. Thats what has always kept me grossed out by pork. I really never understood how people could eat it all the time and not feel nauseated by the thought of it. Ewwwwww.

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
Hi!!
I appreciate the informative plus the nice replies...u people rock!!!
Might i add more "ews" with @above sis.
After reading the posts i have the proof yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!
Plus i am also so disgusted, Not i'm glad i spit that awful first bite :D
But wait....it wont be a sin that i actually was about to eat it????
Cuz i never ate any bacon or pork stuff again...so I hope God is not angry.
I am hoping to make Him happy.
Plus i did print outs of all the posts plus the links and after logging off from here im on a mission to stop my mom and anyone i can convince to stop eating...that...that...ugh i cant even think about calling it food!!!
May God Bless you ALL!!!!! for stopping me on time :)
Remember me in ur prayers plzzz.

Urs sis,
Amy

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hello sweetie , as I see members have replied you , Thanks for All :)
in addition I have this link
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=13070&CATE=1

frankly , I can call " pork " as food , it's yaaaaaack :(

Allah knows the harms of it so that he forbid it .

and I wanna you to know that If you become Muslim all ur sins will be deleted so if u ate pork before Islam this sin will be deleted , but dont eat it after Islam coz it'll be considered as a sin .. if u eat and then ask Allah the forgiveniss ( and u r thurethful ) he will forgive you , Allah is the most merciful :)

got it honey ? :)

kayleigh

To put it simply, pork isn't healthy for you to consume. Some diseases and things like tapeworm can result from eating it. Back during the Prophets (saw) time, and I'm sure in some parts of the world today, there was no way of really guaranteeing that it was fully cooked. If pork isn't properly cooked, it can kill you.

I think a lot of the reasons Muslims give are speculation - even though they're completely right. I think the best answer is because it can be harmful, and God's laws are meant to protect us, although other reasons might make it undesirable, like how similar pigs are to humans, and how unclean they are.

My co-workers father-in-law is a researcher for a testing clinic - they test drugs, treatments, etc. Basically, he's a biochemist. They do a lot with meat so he knows everything about meat. He's not Muslim or Jewish at all but because of how much he knows about pork and beef he refuses to eat either. I've met one or two other scientists who refuse to eat pork, even though they're not Muslim or Jewish, because they know how bad it is for you.

But, btw, although beef is allowed in Islam it's not good to eat too much of it. Chicken and especially fish are much better for you, and eating fish is much better for the environment as well.

LoveofAllah

Just to add on to all the replies, interestingly, the pigs biology is extremely similar to that of human beings. To the extent, doctors say that it's so similar that a pigs heart can be put into a human body and function well.

And amy, you make really happy:) I started to cover myself about too over a year ago. It's liberating...eventhough it gets hard but your heart tells you deep down that this is right.

I see sincerity and faith in you. you are very lucky that God has kept this faith in your heart...dont lose it and keeping seeking knowledge about God

DanyalSAC

Pork is one of the only animals on earth who's skin resembles human skin, it is in fact so close that when you burn yourself, you can have pig skin grafted on the wound, obviously if you do not have enough donor sites on your own body. There are also other parts of pig anatomy that can be transplanted in to a human being, being that the genetic similarities are so close.

I had a friend who actually converted to Islam from Christianity maybe 2 years ago now talk to me about this subject and he told me that he has, since he stayed on a farm, smelled the smell of rotting pig flesh. Unfortunatly, a neighbour of his once he moved to town in paris to do his degree died in the home. After some period of time, the stench became strong and he said that the smell was identical. It is one of those smells that you never forget.

Of course all the scriptural reasons are better but being that you are not a Muslim, I avoided using religious proofs and stayed with scientific or medical fact. :)

Hope this helps you speak with your mum :)

Pig eyes are also identical to human - they are often used in medical experiments because they are almost the same.

I've also read (not to be gross here) where, like the soccer team that crashed in the Andes, people had to resort to cannibalism they reported that the taste of human flesh was just like pork (so much for everything tasting like chicken!).

However, and Allah knows best, I have read repeatedly that saying pigs eat feces is a urban legend... they do wallow in mud and their own droppings but that's to escape heat, because pigs do not have sweat glands and unlike dogs they are unable to pant. However I can't swear to it being the truth; as I said, Allah knows best.

Before I became Muslim I did eat and enjoy pork and all the icky stories & videos on the internet made no difference to me... I liked it! But now the idea of eating something that greasy and heavy sickens me.

Edited to add: One can catch worms from eating any flesh - including fish & poultry - that has not been cooked properly...what you can get specifically from pigs however is trichinosis which is roundworm.