I was a Jain Hindu. I converted to Islam just yesterday

al-muslimah

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND NICE INPUTS....ITS REALLY SUPPORT ME AND GIVE STRENGHT.

BUT AS YOU MENTIONED THAT MY WIFE ACCEPTS ME ISLAM AND THAT SHE CONTINUES JAIN....WILL IT BE OKAY IF THIS GOES AS THIS SEEMS POSSIBLE BUT AS I KNOW IN ISLAM BOTH SHOULD FOLLOW ISLAM RELIGION....

You're welcome brother.

Oh yes I didn't mention this. In the noble Quran it says Muslim men are allow to marry women of the books, meaning Muslim men are allowed to marry "Chirstians" and "Jewish women" (They don't have to be both Muslims). So to my knowledge if the woman you are married to is not those two religions,then she can't be your wife.

For your situation is that your wife is neither of those two relgions. So you have to tell her about islam HOPEFULLY she'll accept it and be muslim as she'll continue to be your wife.

As brother cmelbouzaidi said that you and your wife Mashallah seem to have a very good relationship so InshaAllah, she will trust your decision.

Always pray allah that she accepts Islam. All TTI members here who know you will be praying for you and praying for your wife.
- that allah will make it easy fro her when she knows you are a muslim and accepts it.
- that allah will open her eyes to Islam. AMIIN!!

May Allah bless you.

Walsalm Alaycoum

mkj-india

:salam2: Munir Islam :) I believe that would be a very nice name, Insha Allah, brother. I hope you find some good support within your area in India and continue to stay in touch with your global Muslim family here on TTI. Half of us have come to Islam in adulthood, like you, so there is lots of support. I will make duaa to Allah that your wife will accept Islam, too, you seem to have a very good relationship and Insha Allah, she will trust your decision.

May Allah bless you, my brother. Really, I say Alhamdulillah, when I hear these stories of people coming to Islam against all odds, Subhan' Allah, Allah truly is The Greatest :)
:wasalam:

THANKS A LOT AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ADVICE..

mkj-india

You're welcome brother.

Oh yes I didn't mention this. In the noble Quran it says Muslim men are allow to marry women of the books, meaning Muslim men are allowed to marry "Chirstians" and "Jewish women" (They don't have to be both Muslims). So to my knowledge if the woman you are married to is not those two religions,then she can't be your wife...................

THANKS AGAIN.....I AM IN A BIG TROUBLE NOW AS I KNOW FOR SURE THAT MY WIFE WILL NOT ACCEPT ME AS ISLAM AS I KNOW HER BETTER SINCE LAST 11-12 YEARS...
:salah:

mkj-india

Assalam-o-alikum, My dear brother Manoj,

First of all congratulations on becoming a Muslim. You are on path to Jannah Al-Firdous InshaAllah.

About your name: How about Mohammad Jamal.
You can start calling yourself as MJ up until the time when you can openly tell about your belief.
Assalam-o-alikum

MY NEW MUSLIM NAME WILL BE Mohammad Jamal

THANKS TO MUNAWAR FOR SUGGESTING AND GIVING ME THIS NAME.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
Allahu Akbar!Allahu Akbar!Allahu Akbar!
Welcome to Islam ya akhi.May Allah grant you the strength to be steadfast on Islam and deal with the problems that you come across and may they be overcome by the might of our Lord.Ameen.

cmelbouzaidi

Assalam-o-alikum

MY NEW MUSLIM NAME WILL BE Mohammad Jamal

THANKS TO MUNAWAR FOR SUGGESTING AND GIVING ME THIS NAME.

:salam2: dear brother Mohammad Jamal. Congratulations on your decision and welcome to this ever-growing Islamic family, Subhan'Allah :) I pray that Allah will ease any problems you may encounter and continue to make duaa that your wife will follow you on the straight path of Islam. May you find support from your Muslim brothers in your community and continue to grow in faith and submission to the One Almighty Creator, Allah.

mkj-india

Welcome to Islam ya akhi.May Allah grant you the strength to be steadfast on Islam and deal with the problems that you come across and may they be overcome by the might of our Lord.Ameen.

Allahu Akbar!
thank you brother for your wishes.

mkj-india

:salam2: dear brother Mohammad Jamal. Congratulations on your decision and welcome to this ever-growing Islamic family, Subhan'Allah :) I pray that Allah will ease any problems you may encounter and continue to make duaa that your wife will follow you on the straight path of Islam. May you find support from your Muslim brothers in your community and continue to grow in faith and submission to the One Almighty Creator, Allah.

THANKS YOU SO MUCH BROTHER FOR YOUR SUPPORT......

mkj-india

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL YOU OF YOUR BROTHERS.....

I AM HAPPY THAT I AM NOW MUSLIM AND HAVE FOUND MY NEW MUSLIM NAME AS "MOHAMMAD JALAM".

BUT I AM IN A BIG TROUBLE NOW AS I KNOW FOR SURE THAT MY WIFE WILL NOT ACCEPT ME AS ISLAM AS I KNOW HER BETTER SINCE LAST 11-12 YEARS.

I AM AFRAID AS I HAVE TO BE ISLAM ALONE AND MY WIFE AND KIDS WILL NOT.

Idris16

welcome. and asalamu alaykum. dear brother you are the father, the leader of the family, the maintainer and protector of the family. they're young and they will listen to you since you are their father. you can tell them about islam and raise them as muslims. this is absolutely necessary. you are the father and you are responsible for them and on the day of judgement you will be asked about them. so if it is possible help them to become muslims, as they already are since they are young kids. but they need to know that they are muslims. as for your wife, good luck. i'm thinking it will be very difficult since hindus really hate muslims, or at least most do. anyways asalamu alaykum and the best of hopes.

:mashallah: mkj-india on becoming a muslim.

brother mkj-india. You should read what sister Palestine wrote above. What will happen if you tell your family that you are a muslim? I see that you will be in a trouble if you tell your wife, but isn't it better to learn her about Islam first. May Allaah help you from problems.

wa salam alaykum

young_muslim

salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

alhamdullilah

all praises and thanks are Allaah's.

welcome 2 islam brother, i hope that we all pass the test of this life and inshallah make it to jannah!

mkj-india

WITH THE SITUATIONS MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS ABOVE, THAT MY WIFE CANNOT ACCEPT OR CONVERT TO ISLAM. BUT I AM SURE IF I TRY AND TELL HER ABOUT MY CONVERSION, SHE MAY ACCEPT IT BUT IN THIS CASE, SHE WILL BE HINDU AND I WILL FOLLOW ISLAM.....SO THIS IS BETTER ATLEAST I CAN GET HER SUPPORT AND I LIVE ISLAM THEN HIDDING FROM HER. AND WITH ALLAH BLESSINGS, SHE MAY ONE DAY TURN TO ISLAM BUT MAY TAKE YEARS.....BUT IF SHE CONTINUE HINDU. I TOO HAVE TO SUPPORT HER AND GO WITH HER IN RELIGIOUS FUNCTIONS....

PLEASE GUIDE ME...

but if she supports me as islam, then i can live as muslim and pray daily
but i have to also support her and go with her to hindu places and temples though i may not worship there as a muslim...
i think this is better then live secretly and hiding from her....so if you suggest me then i will tell her about my conversion to islam

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
WITH THE SITUATIONS MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS ABOVE, THAT MY WIFE CANNOT ACCEPT OR CONVERT TO ISLAM. BUT I AM SURE IF I TRY AND TELL HER ABOUT MY CONVERSION, SHE MAY ACCEPT IT BUT IN THIS CASE, SHE WILL BE HINDU AND I WILL FOLLOW ISLAM.....SO THIS IS BETTER ATLEAST I CAN GET HER SUPPORT AND I LIVE ISLAM THEN HIDDING FROM HER. AND WITH ALLAH BLESSINGS, SHE MAY ONE DAY TURN TO ISLAM BUT MAY TAKE YEARS.....BUT IF SHE CONTINUE HINDU. I TOO HAVE TO SUPPORT HER AND GO WITH HER IN RELIGIOUS FUNCTIONS....

PLEASE GUIDE ME...

but if she supports me as islam, then i can live as muslim and pray daily
but i have to also support her and go with her to hindu places and temples though i may not worship there as a muslim...
i think this is better then live secretly and hiding from her....so if you suggest me then i will tell her about my conversion to islam

Brother Mohammad Jamal,
My heartfelt congratulations to you.

My dear dear brother in Islam. I feel for you even though I am thousands of miles away from you. You are in India and I am in America, yet I feel I am in Kokata.

Brother, Kolkata has millions of Muslims, you just need to go to masjids and find some good pious Muslims. They will help you immensely. Internet relationship is good but is no substitute for the real thing (personal physical relationship). A truly good and pious Muslim family can do a lot for you and your wife.

You claim that you love your wife. But brother if she stays as Hindu/Jain and dies as Hindu/Jain then do you think she will go to Paradise or Hell ? She will BURN in hell fire forever. A billion year is a measureable quantity of time, but forever is a never-ending time limit. So think about it. And introduce Islam to all of your family members, at your earliest.

mkj-india

Salam malikum...Thanks a lot.......but you know I am already in Islam now....and I do not want to leave my wife also....But if she supports me to follow islam and she dont...atleast this is fine for me, insallah...atleast i am muslim then to remain hindu....at the same time she will observe and see me as islam and changes in me...who knows her mind will changes and Allah will help her to change mind. But till she convinced for islam - I have to support her in hindu..So my role will be double...But chances are there that I only remain islam and she dont.....

Walsalm Alaycoum

----Mohammad Jalam

chimusocute

Assalam Walekum,

I m happy tht u coverted in islam....
But can u tell me 5 major reason tht it made u to take this decision???

mkj-india

Assalam Walekum,

I m happy tht u coverted in islam....
But can u tell me 5 major reason tht it made u to take this decision???

Salam malikum...Allahu Akbar...

Nice question....

5 major reason tht it made u to take this decision to convert to islam...

1) I learned a lot on the internet about islam and I found it a very clear and true religion.

2) Islam believe in only one -Allah whereas Hindu believes in many Gods & Goddess.

3) Islam is different way of life...there is a system in eating, rules for haram or halal...

4) Islam teaches mankind how to attain success in the most perfect way..

5) Finally, Islam is the second-largest religion in the world..

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear brother Mohammed Jamal :) Nice answer to chimusocute, you are a good Muslim already :ma: I pray that you have the strength to explain all of this to your beloved wife soonest. I pray that she, too, will accept Islam as it will be too hard, brother, to continue longterm practising in secret and attending events at the hindu temple. Brother Manawar is so right, you need the support of the local Muslim community, get some advice from some brothers there, as they can best help you as they understand the hindu culture than most of us do on TTI. May Allah continue to guide you and may He guide your whole family to the straight path, ameen.

Keep in touch with us here, we are here to support you. You have overcome many obstacles and may you be rewarded for this and given strength to make the next major step in the most positive manner :)

mkj-india

Thanks to brother cmelbouzaidi for your nice wordings...and guidance...

I am truely in search of good local muslim friends...

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2: Mohammad Jamal :ma: nice name

May Allah guide you brother. As far as it's your wife and kids are concerned, you have to try your best. First you have to have full faith in Allah ! Your kids are young, and i think you can help them realize the truth a lot ! Talk to them, take them to the mosque as much as you can. Pray to Allah for them because He is the only one who can guide them. Talk to your wife. Remember the stories of ashabas r.a.,. Non of them was accepted right there. Many of them have so much dificulties, and more then you brother, with parents! And we all know that only parents can not be exchanged for another. Wife can, kids can... but not parents, and ashabas r.a., was strong in deen and they didn't gave up ! I am sorry for what i'm going to say, but:" Try and don't give up on your wife and kids" At the end if nothing can be changed, Allah will give you better wife insha'Allah and give you kids who are going to worship Allah azza wa jall." Remember the prophet Noh a.s.... He was the messenger of Allah but he couldn't help his sons who didn't wanted to believe ! Study Islam, study the sirah of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s., read about ashabas r.a., read about other prophets a.s.,, and take advice from them !

My best wishes and may Allah help you out and give you what is best for you insha'Allah !