If you don't feel it like *this*..don't claim it

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

We hear about Jibreel (as) more often than we can count..after all..his name almost always accompanies those of prophets and messengers..and we have gotten to know him as The Messenger from Allah to His Prophets..The Archangel..and The Spirit..

But have we wondered how magnificent he is in *proportion?!*

Well..let's cease the wonderment..and read below..

his creation (as):

"'A'isha reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Angels were born out of
light." [Muslim]

his size (as):

"Narrated Aisha: Whoever claimed that (the Prophet) Muhammad saw his Lord, is committing a great fault, for he only saw
gabriel in his genuine shape in which he was created covering the whole horizon." [Bukhari]

his wings (as):

"Ibn Mas'ud narrated to us that the Prophet had seen Gabriel with 600
wings." [Bukhari & Muslim]

"Ibn Mas'ud narrated: Rasulullah (saaws) said: 'I saw Gibrae'el having 600 wings, spreading from the feathers of his wings alarming [amounts] of pearls and rubies"
[Ahmad, with a sahih sanad]

his divinely praised power & characteristics (as):

"A most honourable messenger. Owner of power, with the Lord of the Throne, Obeyed (by the angels in the heavens), and trustworthy".
[At-Takweer 19-21]

"Your companion has neither gone astray nor has erred. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed. He has been taught by one mighty in power. One free from any defect in body and mind."
[An-Najm 2-6]

It was a mind-boggling read wasn't it?!..but let's read one more hadith about this magnificent angel...which is *the point* of this entire thread

Rasulullah (saaws) narrated to the companions:

"I was passed into the High Abode on the night of my ascension [to heaven], and Jibreel was like a worn-out hils"
[Al-Albani, Al-Bayhaqi, Al-Sayoti, Al-Tabarani]

Now you must have caught sight of the word *hils* at the end of the hadith...the word *hils* is Arabic..it stood for:

"A thin fabric used as a rug to cover the ground, or to put on the backs of camels under their saddles which eventually sticks to the surface it is layed upon"

In all of his magnifcance..beauty..power..and significance..out of shame..and awe of Allah (swt)..seemed like a *hils*..a worn-out piece of fabric..*stuck* to the *ground* in prostration before The Might of Allah (swt)

How many of us..can say we have reached *that level* of awe?..how many of us have set a *climax* for our fear of Allah?..how many of us are ashamed of Allah (swt)..not out of sin..but out of *gratefulness*..*humility*..and *love?!*...how many of us sense their *insignificance* before their Almighty Creator..whom no eye can see..but He certainly..sees *all?!*..indeed very few of us can claim to having such states..indeed many of us have come short of comprehending such states..and indeed many of us get satisified with *the little things* they do..and it is all because we have not gotten to know Allah as we *should* know Him (swt)..nor we've been worshipping Him (swt) as He should be worshipped!

Al-Tirmidhi said some very wise words regarding this issue..he said:

"The most fortunate of creation aware of Allah (swt) are the ones most knowing of Him (i.e. most knowledgeable of His Lordship, Attributes, Worship, etc.)"

Indeed..the closest of servants to Allah (swt)..and the best of them..are those who are in *most* awe of Him..who know Him (swt) as He should be known..and worship Him as He (swt) should be worshipped..and put His Favor..and His Love..first and foremost..sincerely..and satisfactorily..and unless with *narrowness of comprehension* and *self-affliction* we seek from the hereafter deliverance from its hell-fire *only*..we must ardently aim towards being of those most knowing of Allah as The Creator and Sustainer of the worlds..even if we have to *crawl* to reach that aim..lest we lose the rapture of looking upon a smiling Lord declaring His eternal favor upon the successful of servants

I conclude with the words of the most eloquent and beloved of beings Rasulullah (saaws) when he was heard supplicating:

"Allahomma I seek refuge with Your Favor from Your Disfavor, with Your Redemption from Your Punishment, and I seek refuge with You from You, I shall not count praise upon You, as You have praised Yourself" [narrated by Aisha (raa), from Sahih Bukhari]

wassalato wassalamo 'ala sayidina Mohammad wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi 'ajmae'een

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allahumma Ameen.

MashaAllah what an eye-opener! So what I heard regarding the wings of Roohul Qudus is not correct.

Subuhaanallah! They (the Angels) never disobey their Lord. But look at ourselves. Our look is haram, our touch is haram, speak is haram, walk towards haram. Laa Ilaaha Illallah!

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) make our Journey easy for us and make us among those who obeyed Him as how we are supposed to be obeying.

WajazakiAllahu khairan sister a_muslimah86 for providing us with this wonderful information. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
akh IbnAdam77...ahsana Allaho ilayk wa jazaka aj-jannah..I am pleased that you benefited from this

akh Dimlite...alhamdulillah that you saw that which may have impacted you..I am surely happy..wa baraka Allaho feek

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. MashaAllah ukhti!! see this is why i love you sooooooooooo much!!! and i NEVER get tired of your threads! May Allah swt grant you more wisdom for this ummah needs the likes of you! wasalamu 3alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu:)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazaak Allah khair for the article. got to know more about Jibreel (as) and was inspiring as well.

PS: will take me life-time to reach that level of english :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
May Allah continue to keep you shining (AMEEN!). Your contributions always leave me mesmerized. :ma:

Ameen..Jazaka Allah kolla khair for your kind words akhi..and may you be blessed and guarded by Allah (swt) in the dunya and the akhirah

Wow, I'm just speechless. What can I say.

A dua'a that all Muslims know Allah (swt) and worship Him sincerely in one of your prayers would be nice inshallah! ;)..jazaki Allah khair ukhti

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. MashaAllah ukhti!! see this is why i love you sooooooooooo much!!! and i NEVER get tired of your threads! May Allah swt grant you more wisdom for this ummah needs the likes of you! wasalamu 3alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu:)

Aaawww..jazaki Allah aj-jannah for your kindness habibati fi Allah..and Ameen to your dua'a..and may Allah instill wisdom..and piety in the hearts of all Muslims..Ameen

jazaak Allah khair for the article. got to know more about Jibreel (as) and was inspiring as well.

PS: will take me life-time to reach that level of english :)

Alhamdulillah akhi!..I am indeed pleased about that!..and jazaka Allah every khair for your kindness

Manaal_e_Afghan

Walaikum salaam wr wb

*MashAllah great Sharing
very beneficial for me and for all of us
May Allah swt reward you for this Great work
Jazakumu'Allah Khair...!

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Alhamdulilah, thank you for sharing that, I am new to Islam. Reading that makes me want to know more about angel Jibreel (as). Amazing info. Jazakallahu Khairan

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Alhamdulilah, thank you for sharing that, I am new to Islam. Reading that makes me want to know more about angel Jibreel (as). Amazing info. Jazakallahu Khairan

You're welcome ukhti!..and mashallah welcome to the family :)..I'm very happy that you enjoyed reading the information!..if you wish to read more about Jibreel (as)..reading into the hadiths speaking of the divine revelation to Rasulullah (saaws)..his overall biography (The Sealed Nectar is considered one of the best biography book)..and reading into books..and researches made on the events of "The Night of Ascension" (when Rasulullah (saaws) was ascended to heaven accompanied by Jibreel [as])...you will get tons of information about Jibreel (as) from these venues...if you need help locating them..or you have any questions sister..then don't hesitate to ask me..and inshallah I will be able to help you the best I can! :)

May Allah Bless you and Guard you..Ameen

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asslamu Alaiku sister :D
subhanaAllah!!! your threads are really amaaazing!!!:D
and this one is just, heart touching!!! may Allah make us those who truely humilate themsleves in their prostrations and prayer! may we be those who truely feel love for HIM and HIM Alone!ameen
jazakaAllah khairan for sharing this!!!:D

safiya58

:salam2: a-muslimah_86

wooooow .... subhanallah.... I´m deeply touched.... you know what, this was such a usefull thread.... it is so motivating! it make one wanna shout out: Allahu Akbar! Jazak Allahu ckair. luv you :hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Asslamu Alaiku sister :D
subhanaAllah!!! your threads are really amaaazing!!!:D
and this one is just, heart touching!!! may Allah make us those who truely humilate themsleves in their prostrations and prayer! may we be those who truely feel love for HIM and HIM Alone!ameen
jazakaAllah khairan for sharing this!!!:D

I'm now happy twice..once for you enjoying and benefiting from what you read..and once for you being back with us ;)..baraka Allah feeki wa ahsana ilayki in the dunya and the akhirah sister

:salam2: a-muslimah_86

wooooow .... subhanallah.... I´m deeply touched.... you know what, this was such a usefull thread.... it is so motivating! it make one wanna shout out: Allahu Akbar! Jazak Allahu ckair. luv you :hearts:

Alhamdulillah ukhti..Allah Knows that I didn't post it except for all of us to be motivated by it...and Allahu Akbar always and forever!

I love you in Allah's sake as well ukhti!..may you be blessed greatly!

P.S. I am looking into a matter...once I'm *certain* of it..I will PM you inshallah..because I'll have to tell you something

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
I read the thread mashallah so great but I dont see how the title goes with it... The title of the thread I mean...

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I read the thread mashallah so great but I dont see how the title goes with it... The title of the thread I mean...

:salam2: ,

Mashallah!!!! nice post.

Spoke my mind.

Jazakoma Allah Khair..

I meant if you don't feel *fear of Allah* the way Jibreel (as) felt it (i.e. per the hadith quoted)..then you should not claim fear of Allah (swt)..I wasn't too focused on the title (that's probably it reads a bit weird)..I worried about the authenticity and flow of information more than anything..otherwise..if I could have..I wouldn't have even put a title..I want the point of the thread to come across..everything else is just *extra* :)