Is it haram to think this way?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Short story - basically my friend is attacking Islam with ignorance, I correct him, but im getting fed up with it and I know I can make him change his mind I just hate him so much I wouldn't want to see him guided because i'd like to see him in hell. Is it haram to think this way?

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Short story - basically my friend is attacking Islam with ignorance, I correct him, but im getting fed up with it and I know I can make him change his mind I just hate him so much I wouldn't want to see him guided because i'd like to see him in hell. Is it haram to think this way?

:salam2:

Brother I am very disapointed that you would rather see a person in hell than see them worship Allah and accept the truth of Islam and the Prophet (SAWS) as his messenger. If you dislike the brother that bad why did you use the term friend? I know it is hard when someone attacks Islam due to ignorance but if you can clear the misconceptions than do so. Give this brother Dawah and Inshallah he will become muslim and see the truth. When dealing with these type of people we cannot become ignorant and wish them hell when we can help guide them inshallah and receive a reward from Allah.

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum,
please don't think like this way, don'y wish the hell fire to some one, the hell fire is something horrible, none can withsatnd it, so instead try to help him to know about islam, and when he become a muslim inchae allah, you will love him more that anyone else, inchae allah.
i am telling you, wishing the hell to a human being is really something bad.
wa salam alikoum

Abel213

Some Qunut prayers as said by the Prophet:saw:

اللَّهُمَ اِنَّا نَسْتَعِيْنُكَ وَ نَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَ نؤمِنُ بِكَ وَ نَتَوَكَّلُ عَلَيْكَ وَ نُثْنِىْ عَلَيْكَ الْخَيْرَ وَ نَشْكُرُكَ وَ لَا نَكْفُرُكَ وَ نَخُلَعُ وَ نَتْرُكُ مَنْ يّفْجُرُكَ. اللَّهُمَّ اِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَ لَكَ نُصَلِّىْ وَ نَسْجُدُ وَ اِلَيْكَ نَسْعٰى وَ نَحْفِدُ وَ نَرْجُوْا رَحْمَتَكَ وَ نَخْشٰى عَذَابَكَ اِنَّ عَذَابَكَ بِالْكُفَّارِ مُلْحِقٌ

Allahumma inna nasta'inuka wa nastaghfiruka, wa nu'minu bika, wa natawwakkalu alayika, wa nusni alayikal khaira, wa nashkuruka wa la nakforuka wa nakhla'u wa natruku manyafjoruk. Allahumma iyyaka na'budu wa laka nusalli wa nasjudu wa ilayika nasa wa nahfidu, wa narju Rahmataka wa nakhsha 'adhzabaka; inna adhabaka al-jidda bi al-kuffari mulhiq

O Allah! We seek Your assistance and ask for Your guidance, and we beseech Your forgiveness and return to You in repentance. We cherish faith in You and place our trust in You. We attribute all goodness to You. We are grateful to You and refuse to be ungrateful to You. We abandon and forsake all those who reject You. O Allah, You alone we worship, unto You alone we pray; unto You alone we prostrate, and for You alone we strive. Unto You alone we flee for refuge. We cherish hope in Your mercy and we fear Your retribution. Verily, Your punishment is bound to catch up with those who reject the truth.

abu Dawud, ibn Majah, an-Nasa'i, at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad, ad-Darimi, al-Hakim, al-Bayhaqi

اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْت، وَعَافِنِي فِيِمَنْ عَافَيْتَ، وَتَوَلَّنِي فِمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ، وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أعْطَيْتَ، وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ، فَإنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ، إنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ، [َوَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْتَ]، تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَ تَعَالَيْتَ

Allahumm-ahdinii fiman hadait, wa 'afini fiman 'aafait, wa tawallani fiman tawwallait, wa barik li fima a'atait, wa qini sharra ma qadaiyta, fainnaka taqdhi wa la yuqdha 'alaika, innahu la yadhillu man walaiyt, [wa la yai'izzu man 'aadait] tabarakta Rabbana wa ta'aalaita

O Allah! Guide me with those whom You have Guided, and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength, take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care, Bless me in what You have given me, Proptect me from the evil You have Ordained. Surely You Command and are not commanded, and non whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated [and non whom You have Taken as an enemy shall taste glory]. You are Blessed, our Lord, and Exalted.

abu Dawud, ibn Majah, an-Nasa'i, at-Tirmidhi, Ahmad

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِرِ ضَاكَ مِنْ سَخَطِكَ، وَبِمُعَافَاتِكَ مِنْ عُقُوبَتِكَ، وَأعُوذُبِكَ مِنْكَ، لا أُحْصِي ثَنَاءً عَلَيْكَ، أنْتَ كَمَا أثْنَيْتَ عَلَى نَفْسِكَ

Allahumma inni a'udhubika bi ridhaaka min sakhatika, wa bi mu'aa-faatika min 'uqubatika, wa a'udhubika minka, la uhsi thana'an 'alaika, anta Kama athnayta 'ala nafsika

O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Pleasure from Your Anger. I seek refuge in Your Forgiveness from Your Punishment. I seek refuge in You from You. I cannot count Your Praises, You are as You have Praised Yourself.

IN summary, I think you are absolutely A-OK

Edit:This man has made a grave sin, worth Hellfire. If there is any reason to hate someone than this is the reason. Anger is a feature that we were given so we could hate those who were unjust and evil. I also suggest you distance yourself from this shaitan-e-kabir.

mohammed nasser

:astag::astag::astag:
no my brother this is completely wrong
muslims shoulde do best for people , wish best for them

zulfikar

I think you should make a distance with him. let time give us our mind changes. Hope Allah will show us the truth behind the seen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Detachment. Why would you wish ill on anyone. That is not our way. Son, he is no friend. If anyone says anything against Islam, I simply step back. I will correct them but if they choose ignorance over reason..that is on them.
You must not habor ill feelings as that is poison to the soul. Stay with those who use reason and intellect. We use the word brother and sister in Islam. It is a closer bond.

musliminah 05

Brother you should be making dua for him to be guided not curse him. He is entitled to his opinion and you are entitled to yours. Islam is a religion of peace we should learn to forgive as I am sure we as humans do many things to one another that which we shouldnt, if we cannot forgive how will anyone forgive us?
:wasalam:
your sister in Islam

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Sorry for late reply guys.
Eh, I more disappointed in myself than you guys are, trust me. It's not really an intentional thought, it's like something lingering at the back of my head but its preventing me from trying to explain anything to him. If I said Islam is a religion of peace he would talk about 9/11. If I said the Quran was the word of God he'll claim it has contradictions and I just cant keep going on like this. Basically he comes to me harrases me everyday, then bashes me for not feeling to reply to him anymore. :9
Salam

musliminah 05

:salam2: brother
obviously it is different if he is been bad to you and is seeking you out to
batter your head like you say and he is not willing to talk rationally, then brother I suggest you distance yourself from him to save your own Iman. Dont give up on the dua though.
Do you think he is just trying to wind you up because he might know that it gets to you?
If you dont want to distance yourself or carnt distance yourself from him, then try just been quiet in his presence and not to rise to him.

Ask Allah brother for patience and Inshallah you will get it in time.

:wasalam:
your sister in Islam:blackhijab:

daywalker

. If I said the Quran was the word of God he'll claim it has contradictions and I just cant keep going on like this. Basically he comes to me harrases me everyday, then bashes me for not feeling to reply to him anymore.

tell him to come in the forum, and bring the sources of his claim.