is this selling procedure halal or haram???

shichemlydia

salam alikoum brothers and sisters,
hope this finds you in the best of health and iman.

my company is making a sort of help to the employees to buy cars, the procedure is like this: we pay 30% of the total cost at the first time we sign the engagement, and the remaining at fixed intervals, something like 2.5% each month which will be taken automatically from our salary.
the key point here is, if you buy the car according to this procedure , it will cost you quite more than paying the total cost at once.( something like 5% more) and the price is stated at the engagement phase.

could this be considered as REBA or what??
wa salam alikoum

Dr.Khan

salam alikoum brothers and sisters,
hope this finds you in the best of health and iman.

my company is making a sort of help to the employees to buy cars, the procedure is like this: we pay 30% of the total cost at the first time we sign the engagement, and the remaining at fixed intervals, something like 2.5% each month which will be taken automatically from our salary.
the key point here is, if you buy the car according to this procedure , it will cost you quite more than paying the total cost at once.( something like 5% more) and the price is stated at the engagement phase.

could this be considered as REBA or what??
wa salam alikoum

:wasalam:

Unfortunately I don't know about this and it seems like no one else does so I suggest you ask the question at www.islamonline.net
They have reliable and qualified Sheikhs.

kayleigh

If there's no interest being applied then I don't think it is riba. That is usually how Islamic loans work - you end up paying more than the original price in the long run, but there isn't interest applied to the amount you owe. Simply paying 5% more in the end doesn't necessarily mean it is riba.