Leaving the Nest

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum everyone, :hijabi:

I've been thinking about moving out, but I'll need some asistance with the whole process, i.e. finding a place to live, finacial support, a sister for my roommate inshallah... I live in the Atlanta area... please inshallah, I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice... I have some health problems and a disability...so I'm dependant of my family in some areas... living here isn't really working for me. They're controlling...subhanallah... :( I'm not very happy here. :( I'm not allowed to practice the Deen the way I need to inshallah.

I've made Istikhara Prayer for almost four days and I want to make the right decision inshallah. :ma:

Alhamdulilah...please pray for me.. :tti_sister:

-Sakeena :hearts:

IbnAhmad

Assalaamu Alykum Sister.

I don't have any useful advice about where you can move as I am not from the USA.

But like you said you have made Istikhara and now just put your trust in Allah SWT. I pray all goes well for you. May Allah SWT protect you always and make you from amongst the Mutaqeen. Aameen Ya Rabb.

Wassalaam.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum sister

wolahi your post made me think..in a sad and yet hopefull and inspiring way..

would you believe me if i said im jealous of your position and situation now?
even though im not facing any calamities in life at the moment al hamdulilaah.
im a brother 26 years old having my own house etc etc..born and raised in a muslim family and i wish i would be in your position..you know why? not because im not thankfull to ALLAH allmighty...absolutely not...its because i know ALLAH ta3ala tests muslims continiously, and im sure your REWARD WILL BE WORTH ALL THE STRESS AND TEARS inshallah

i swear to you, ALLAH always finished what he promises us..

be strong sister i hope youll find what you need..

aselemu aleikum your brother from the netherlands

mabera

May Almighty Allah Help you

:salah:
May Almighty Allah Help you, My sister be sure of Allah's help since He has given you the wisdom to do Istikhara for your problem and secondly you seek advice and du'a.
Allah said in the Qur'an "You seek their Advice on an issue, when you decided on a course of action you placed your trust to Allah"

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think it is not wise for a young girl to leave her family evenif they are non muslems . I am sure they love you and care for you .....you need to be strong tn faith and patient ......try to treat them in a best way and pray for theit hidaya ....but leaving your house will not be safe for a young girl and Allhu aalam.

Sakeena

Asalamu alaikum,

a_stranger, I appreciate the advice, but I'm not a little girl anymore. I'm 20 years old now, soon to be 21 in October. You don't understand what it's like. You make it out to see me as an ungrateful, spoiled girl. Subhanallah... :girl3:

I can't practice Islam here. They won't allow it. I'm oppressed and I have every right to leave if I choose to do so. I'm going to leave with or without your help. I just thought perhaps my TTI brothers and sisters would be more understanding inshallah.

I'll just do this on my own... I can't ask for any of your help. This is what irritates me. You feel every young girl needs protection and guarded from the evils of the world. You don't care if she is oppressed and trapped--as long as she's protected. ALLAH swt is my Protector--not my family.

Subhanallah... :(

a_stranger

Dear sister i didn`t mean to offend you, I am a mother i have daughters in your age ..you are like my daughter ..i want you to be safe a secure. May Allah sobhanahu wa taala protect you whereever you are.

Sakeena

Asalamu alaikum,

I'm sorry for being rude sister... :( but I would like to be treated like anyone else. I'll find help eslewhere. Thanks everyone. :hijabi:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum!

Sister Sakeena!
Come live with meeeee! :D

I live in the UK btw :p So you're going to have to do Hijrah *migrate* lol.
Sorry joking aside....

I REALLY hope everything works out well for you inshaALah.

You're in our prayers sis- no worries.

Tc

Wassalaam!

Sakeena

Ma salaams, sis Muslimah16, so you're sixteen years old? Do your parents know about this sis?? LOL Awwww cutie! :hearts: I mean, are you serious or are you joking around? Cus, I'll come in your open inshallah... *HUGS* roomies!! :hijabi:

Sakeena

thanks any sister Muslimah16 :), but I don't think I can move to the UK lol subhanallah.. this is serious..... :girl3:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum!

No sis lol. I'm not 16. :):)

I was actually kidding. BUT now that I think about it.... That would be so much fun! :D

I'm sorry to hear that you cant move here.

InshaALlah it'll all work out ;) Trust me.

Tc
Wassalaam

Talat

:salam2:
Dear sakeena if I was living in usa or you living in uk . you would have been more than welcome to live with me and my family. But as we are not . I think it might be best if you talk to a senior sister of you local masjid they might be able to help. In any way your own family comes first. Best of luck and I will duaa for you during salat.:tti_sister::tti_sister:

rightpath_357

Awww!!!! I wish I was there to help you sis! Then we could live together ! :D

Actually- wouldn't it be SO COOL if we could all give in a GIGANTIC house? :lol:

Sis- try and contact some of your freinds, if they would want to move into an apartment too.

Also- sis, do you ave a job- are you still in school? Where might you get the money? You might want to find a job if you do not have one already.....

And sis- for the place to live, try to find a good conditioned, safe place. :)

May Allah help you and reward you greatly. Ameen. :hearts:

Sakeena

I'm Leaving

Awww....I dunno where to live yet...I don't mind moving to another state in the USA. I'm sorry Muslimah16, aww that's so sweet lol. :hijabi: So....where do I put my things? lol aww *hugs* ur funny sis. :)

It would be awesome if we TTI sisters could just jump through a magical portal to to meet and buy a large villa lol inshallah. :hearts:

Subhanaallah, I'm going to be brave to do everything I can for my mini Hijrah lol awww :ma: I feel better tho because you guys are so great. :)

I intend to move to California inshallah, so if there are any pious wise understanding Muslimahs there looking for a roommate, I'm yours inshallah. :hearts:

I will definatly find a job, perhaps part-time because I attend college.

:salam2: sister sakeena. Have you tried ur local masjid if they have any info about anyone wanting a muslim female roommate.I wish i could help if i knew anybody in Atlanta, I will pray for you that Allah makes everything easy for you. And dont you talk about leaving us :)

Sakeena

Sakeena: Yes ma'am, I stay at TTI...

Basicsofislam: Go to your room.

Sakeena: sighs *runs to room, slams door* :hearts: