Music is not haram right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

My father told me that ahadith regarding music were misconstrued or incredibly weak and that music in itself was not haram as long as it did not detract from other aspects of religion. What is your take on this?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

it's always a high debate. even if you feel that it's not haram. honestly, you have to admit that it's at least makruh. the debate is so ongoing, it's most likely in your best benefit to leave music alone. i'm telling you, music deadens your heart to the ayahs of the quran.

:wasalam:

blahman

why would i admit its at least makruh and how would it deaden my heart to the ayahs of the quran?

Music has absolutely no bearing on religion in my case. Sometimes it relaxes me. But yeah, i fail to see how it can be HARAM. it doesnt make much sense.

dawahforever

Doesn't it say in Sahih Al-Bukhari (which is sahih right..not weak..right?) that wind and string instruments were invented by Shaitan and that people at the end of the world (now isn't it?) would say they are halal? Drums are ok though (the duff).

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

it's always a high debate. even if you feel that it's not haram. honestly, you have to admit that it's at least makruh. the debate is so ongoing, it's most likely in your best benefit to leave music alone. i'm telling you, music deadens your heart to the ayahs of the quran.

:wasalam:

AS,

Brother, how does music deaden your heart? I mean my parents they listen to music and they still are very faithfull to their religion. My mom reads the quran and she listens to music. I listen to music and I'm faithfull to my religion.

Music does relax you. Wether you feel like your going astray from your faith or not is really up to the individual. Music isnt to blame for that.

WS

chaandani

Goofy Member
i wasnt even aware this was controversial. :) what particular music are you referring to? like in general, or pop, country, rap, etc.? i guess i could see how rap would be somewhat haram but smooth jazz? now im curious.

Kirn

Everything has two side to it,music that dosent contain any bad content is i believe okay to listen to,but if you are listening to music that is intended to give you wrong ideas,well,obviously you arent doing right by listening to it....
I listen to different types of music and most of the times it helps me cool myself down and remember Allah even more!!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

This topic has been discussed countless times before. The search function at the top of your page is extremely useful though not enough people use it before posting. Take a look at the inummerable threads on music and make your own mind up. We should also take care not to propagate 'opinions' on topics such as this and rely on the evidence which is at hand; It saves a lot of confusion;.

Take care :)

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.