Muslims fighting Muslims

icadams

Asalaam Alaikum,

Can anyone tell me what, if anything, the Quran teaches about Muslims fighting other Muslims. Are there any hadith or teachings on this? I would appreciate any specific information that you might have.

Thanks, Ian

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum,
brother i dont know specific correct ref but i know Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) made all muslims like spiritual brothers and sisters, and he said Muslim ummah is like a body when one part of it feels pain the rest should feel pain, but its sad how these days some part of the body are hurting the whole human body.

I got this Hadith online please can someone verify

THE MUSLIM UMMAH IS ONE,THEIR LAND IS ONE AND THEIR WAR IS ONE

a_stranger

49:9 (Asad) Hence, if two groups of believers fall to fighting, make peace between them; but then, if one of the two [groups] goes on acting wrongfully towards the other, fight against the one that acts wrongfully until it reverts to God’s commandment; and if they revert, make peace between them with justice, and deal equitably [with them]: for verily, God loves those who act equitably!
49:10 (Asad) All believers are but brethren. Hence, [when*!ever they are at odds,] make peace between your two brethren, and remain conscious of God, so that you might be graced with His mercy.

Translation of the meanings of Quran

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I quote following hadith posted by sister Hayat in another thread:

Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
Sahih Bukhari Volume|1 Book|2 Number|10