My eyes are starting to hurt

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Wa'alykum Salaam Wa'rehmatullah,

I second your point, sister ShyHIjabi.

I too think people do this because a) they, intentionally or otherwise, look up to the wrong individuals, or b) they aren't just bothered to write properly.

And food for thought for them:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Use full words! avator.gif
    Use full words! avator.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 132

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters

Sister Shyhijabi has raised a very important matter. Although I remember we discussed the same issue probably 2 years back, but since most of the people have left, its time that the new members learn to use to forum in a way that would benefit muslims and non-muslims alike. Subhan Allah, at that time, most people stopped the distorted way of writing and began writing in sentences.

I want to remind everybody the beautiful hadeeth which states,"Actions are judged by intentions". I apologize for not quoting the full hadeeth. It mainly implies that whatever we do, even the smallest of small things, we would get its reward if we have proper intention of doing it for the sake of Allah Subhanahu wa Taala.

As brother Al-Kashmiri said, this site is not a chill-out zone. How many of us have the correct niyaah (intention) that when we reply to a post, we're actually seeking reward from Allah Taala? Before going to sleep, how many of us make duwas that May Allah Aj'wajal benefit the people from the words I wrote on this forum? Above all, how many of us, before writing a post say "Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem" or make correct niyaah that " Ya Allah, please make my posts clear and understandable to all the people who read it, lest I displease you by writing something which is of no value."

I think its high time that before doing anything, we check the niyaah or intention.

Anything good in this post is from Allah Subhanahu wa Taala; any kind of flaw or anything misunderstood is due to my inability of writing in an eloquent fashion.

I remember an Almaghrib Instructor, while replying to a written question said,"Ya Akhi, your words are not understandable. This is not MSN ya akhi."

wa/salam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well I personally have spoken on the writing and now would like to say a few words on the threads and post.Yes these days due the increasing numbers of teenagers in the forum,the type of post and threads are not relevant at all with Islam.There are many threads which are supposed to be written in personal blogs and not in an Islamic forums.I hope mod will do something about it.Not all threads improve us to be good Muslims.Some has hatred and arguing with each other.If there is any sensitive issue such as race,country,language we do not need to talk about it in the the first place.I hope tti can be a strict Islamic forum because I really love tti and it has helped many people to convert to Islam.Alhamdulilah.Mode should take a new strategy to preserve the name of tti.Sometimes when i complain about any threads,it takes a long time to be deleted or banned.Is there any possibilities of having auto delete thread if the thread is reported more than 5 times(clicking the report button>5 times)?I guess that is all for now.Assalamualaikum.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

The quickest way to have a suggestion/pointer/comment/complaint/question dropped to a mod's attention is via PM...never hesitate to express anything that may cross your mind regarding TTI or your stay in it...even if it's not something *doable* or something that is quickly tackled and/or solved..you'll at least earn the ajer of helping out bettering what is essentially a *cyber da'awa center* called Turn To Islam

It would also be a good idea to check *Total members that have visited the forum today* at the very bottom of the main forum page...all the names in green signify *mods* (as you all know already)..therefore..if you see a green name (preferably of your own gender for convenience to you and the mod you're contacting)..click on it and send your message/question/comment/et cetra..because chances are that mod will be back again (in other words that mod is visiting TTI consistently..so you'll get your reply quicker inshallah)...and don't forget that even though we're mods...we each have a life...and TTI is just a *part* of it that we're dedicating ourselves to...so show us your appreciation by being patient and inshallah our eagerness to help you will prove itself in its due process :)

Baraka Allaho feekom 'ajame'een

:wasalam::wasalam: