My Shahada Today!

irwinleslie

Assalamu alaikum, my Brothers and Sisters:

I just took my Shahada a few hours and ago and I could feel a thousand pound weight being lifted off of me and a "natural" high like I've never experienced before!

I don't know if I posted this in my intro, but I was a raging alcoholic and a hard care drug user years ago. My drug of choice was Oxycontin, which is basically "synthetic heroin". I used all kinds of drugs with the exception of intravenous ones. Although I haven't used or drank in some time, I've been going through a very stressful time and had managed to push my Higher Power away and try to handle things on my own. I also recently came very close to a suicide attempt until Allah intervened and got me back in touch with a Muslim friend, who in turn encouraged me to read the Qu'ran, which in turn brought me to Islam.

Anyway, not only has my cold/allergies seem to have disappeared, but I feel like running a marathon. Mind you I have not been in shape for some time.

I'm just so happy right now and want to thank everyone here for your kind words. Now I need to work on my prayers and read the Qu'ran more. My Arabic skills I suppose will come in time.

Blessings to everyone!

:tti_sister:

Leslie

zbhotto

Banned
Dear Sisiter,
Welcome to ISLAM. I feel really proud that ALLAH (SWT) is guiding so many new hearts to His light. Sister, Paradise is now for you. The more you practice your deen (ISLAM) the more your position/rank would be elevated in paradise.

May ALLAH (SWT) keep you steadfast on ISLAM.

Ameen

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Welcome Sister

Its so heart-warming whenever we hear people of different diversities accepting Islam Everyday. Allah is with you sister, you have entered the Light of Islam. I Am proud of you sister :). Sister, now since you are a Muslim, Remember, you will now be tested like a Muslim.

May Allah(swt) help you and guide you along your life

Ameen!

Assalamu alaikum, my Brothers and Sisters:

Anyway, not only has my cold/allergies seem to have disappeared, but I feel like running a marathon. Mind you I have not been in shape for some time.

Leslie

salam alaykum

congrats on ur conversion and welcome to Islam.......not evey1 is in shape here :shymuslima1::shymuslima1: ......that doesnt include me though :p

halah

Wa alikum asslam alikum,Alhamdulillah Who has guided you to His right path,Congratulations dear sister and welcome you to the true religion and to this wonderful forum,may Allah firm your heart on the right way:tti_sister:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa alaikom assalam My beloved Sister :)

Congratulations .. All thanks for Allah

you have lots of things to know .. start step by step and we're all here 4 u :)

May Allah be with u

Pharma_Sister

Asalaamoalaikum wa'rahmatullahi wa'barakatuhu.

Welcome to Islam (officially) and congratulations :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mashallah I have heard that the Shahadah does indeed give you a real uplifting feeling and it is unique to everyone. Alhamdulillah I was born into a Muslim family so I can only imagine what it may feel like. But I know for sure that it must be awesome!!

May Allah SWT guide you always and increase you in your Imaan :ma:

Best wishes always and congratulations once again.

Your Sister in Islam,
Pharma_Sis :biggrin:

p.s. Please feel free to contact me, and congrats once again! :biggrin:

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
assalamo alaikum sister,
all praise is to Allah, the almighty. congratulations on your acceptance of Islam. we all are here to share and to teach you about this great religion. may Allah give guidance to all the non muslims on the earth, ameen.
wassalam

muthmainnah

Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar!
Welcome to Islam sister Leslie! May Allah always protect you, help you and streghten your faith in Islam.
Barakallahu feek...

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Welcome to Islam sister. MashaAllah I am so happy for you finding the Truth from Falsehood. Allahu Akbar! (Allah is the greatest).

Keep moving forward step by step. InshaAllah you will learn day by day. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam:
subhan Allah you are a blessed person my sister Allah turned you towards His deen . m so happy for you May Allah make us all very good muslims ameen

salahdin

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Indeed all the praises is due to Allah, we praise him and we seek his assistance and forgiveness, and we seek refuge in Allah from the evil of ourselves and our bad deeds, whoever Allah guides there is none that can misguide him and whoever is leads astray there is none that can guide him, and I bear witness there is no God other than Allah, He has no partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad is his servant and messenger.

Wellcome to ISLAM SISTER may ALLAH ,THE KNOWER OF THE VISIBLE AND THE INVISIBLE makes things easy for you .There will be upps and downs but if you hold on to the straight path you will acheive the peace that you always wanted and yes ISLAM is the remedy for everything just be true to ISLAM AND YOU WILL SUCCEED IN THIS LIFE AND THE HEREAFTER .

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
waAlaikum salaam sister!
first of all, I congratulate you with *online* tight Hug from Me..a sister who loves you for Allah's sake!
I ask Allah to increase your knowledge, your faith and your awareness of Him! I ask Allah to make you among the pious Muslims and to safe guard you from any harm! I ask Allah to forgive us all Muslims, and I thank Allah for the blessings He has given us as Muslims......for if we have not had Allah, So many of us would not be here at this time, because of lost of hope, streessfull life we'd chose to end our sorrow and suffering, BUT Allah is our HOPE, He is OUR everything! We thank Him and we seek His forgivenes, mercy and we Hope the best from Him!
Congrats again, I am happy for you sister!:D
Allah has chosen you, You must be special:D
one last hug!!:D
Salamu Alaikum dear Leslie!

irwinleslie

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

It came to my attention that I never got to thank each of you personally for your wonderful replies and suggestions. My sincere apologies!

I cannot express how grateful I am for all your support. I have been so happy since I convereted:jumpclap:

Thank you again so much, everyone!

Asalaam 'Alaykum,

Sister Leslie

:hearts: