NEED HELP! I HATE MY DAD TOO MUCH SOMETIMES!!!

rightpath_357

AstagfirAllah. I know I shouldn't, but I CAN'T HELP IT RIGHT NOW! Today is Eid- and he RUINED IT COMPLETELEY FOR ME! Just because I didn't want to get my picture taken, he swore at me and asked me why I was home- if I didn't want to celebrate Eid. At the Masjid, when we were walking to the car, my hijab loosened and fell, so I grabbed it and pulled it back on again. When we got IN the car, he pointed at a girl on the street with her hijab on. "Look-she's better than you. Wears hijab all the time. Don't celebrate Eid, being the Kaffr that u are!" I was hidiousley angry, but kept silent. As soon as we got home, i dressed into my unifrom- wanting to go to school- I love going to school MUCH MORE THAN STAYING AT HOME!My mom chides him for it, but it never stops. I'm TOO fed up now. I feel like running away. And it's not the first time I seriously felt like that in the past years.:angryred: i need help- I'M NOT GOING TO TALK TO HIM!!!!! He's swearing at my brother now for being reculant to eating too much.

Anyways- HAPPY EID! To all of you who are having a GOOD one!!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:
Salam

Muawiyah

:salam2:

Sister, I hope Allah makes everything easy for you. The day of Eid is supposed to be the day of Rejoice and Happiness, and having the closest person to you saying such things, will affect you.

I know that at times, parents can be the way you dont want them to be.
They can understand you or misunderstand you. Some parents can decipher your emotions perfectly but others are not perfect, maybe not too good at parenting.

I was in your situation once.

My father is an aalim alhamdulillah, graduate of darul uloom bury 1983.
Im very happy and fortunate to have a pious father.

Before, before i started actually implementing Islam in my life, i was an average 16 year old teenager, and there were things that i did which my father was angry in and he used to say things to me which i took to heart, i used to cry infact.

But after that, i decided to change, i decided to go to madrassah, and thats where i am now. In madina tul uloom studying Ilm. and my father at home sitting peacefully with sakina in his heart and a smile on his face.

and that makes me feel so happy to knw that.

Parents are the most valueble people in your life, Allah has stated this many a time in the Qur'an.

Your not allowed to say a word back to them never mind back biting.

Sister, i know its hard sometimes but at the end of the day he's your father. Best thing to do is to sit down with him and make him realise what he's saying over minor issues.

I realised after ages, that i cant live without my father.
I want you to think the same.

Inshallah, May Allah help you become successful in overcoming calamaties and problems, May Allah make your future a success, may Allah bestow you with his infinite mercy and grace. Ameen.

:wasalam:

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
sorry to ask but I couldnt understand one thing, how your hijab got loosened and even fell .. I am not asking you to criticize you or make you ashmed, only how can it be I coudnt understand. because we are supposed to wear carefully; however sure as a mistake may be some part of your hijab can open and you can adjust directly but falling is strange.

about your father, just keep silent please. or later you can be so sad because of your words.. You know parents are essential in Islam. Look we are advised to behave very carefully and kindly towards our parents even if they are non-muslim. Alhamdulillah you have a muslim family. Be sure you ll understand them one day. So until that moment just be patient with them. Your behaviours towards to your parents will be the key for jannah ;)

May Allah make your heart enlarged and show everyting easier to your eyes ;)

hana*

sister rightpath, let me just start by saying 'i know how you feel' but please dont feel that way about your father and pray Allah guides him. my dad always takes his anger on us but at the end of the day hes youre dad. there are fathers far far worse that what you have described above. there are fathers out there that beat or rape family members. there are fathers too drunk to know whats going on at home or are busy with drugs or other women or have left their family to fend for themselves, so alhamdulilah youre father is nothing like that. please be patient and know deep down your father loves you more than anyone and he wants the best for you in life.

i agree completely with sister muawiyah, you cant live without them, i know from experience, when my dad was really ill in hospital, there was a good chance he would either die or be severley crippled how i felt at that time and found it hard to cope. alhamdulilah, by the grace of Allah, he made a full recovery and was very lucky in doing so.

please dont think about leaving and be patient for Allah's sake, after hardship comes ease, guaranteed and Allah rewards the patient.

hope you feel better soon and feel free to PM me anytime for a chat.

:wasalam:

rightpath_357

awwww- thnx everyone. I'm feeling a bit better now- but yeah.:hearts:
Fo sister DILEK, well, i was wearing not actually a hijab, but a dupatta, and u know after Eid prayer, everyone is trying to get in or out? Yeah- hassle made it loose- and it was silk/satin- so it slipped off easily.:(

but anyways- thnx 4 ur help!!!!
I love my family on TTI!!!:hearts:

hana*

sorry brother muawiyah, ofcourse muawiyah is a boys name, sorry for the mistake.

for rightpath: now i know why youre dad was annoyed at you, as you were wearing a 'duppata', which is not a proper hijab, so youre dad wishes you wear a proper hijab :D problem solved

abu'muhammad

rightpath_357,
One of the thing is creating an attitude of clearing the things at the right place. If you would have asked him that why you pointed the girl who has worn hijab and what you intend with that ? or any other question then he could have given you an explaination. I mean whatever the problems are we should be solving them at right time. That stops it from becoming a big issue. In this case You might get the correct reasoning and answer if you discuss to your father directly. The fathers if I am not wrong do show less leniency over their children, and the children might feel that father is always after them. Mothers pat - so children like them, also mothers look after household affairs, that is children are closer to them, understand them easily. But father is busy with earning, so he might not understand them or couldn’t be like mother but he is affectionate too, although not patting the children like the mothers.

Futher We do not like to be adviced because we think that we are right and we don’t err or our mind always say or judge right things. This is the general mentality. Eventhough from other perspective things are all-right ! So one of the thing is taking the things positively InshaAllah, may be the advicers way is wrong but not the talk or may be the person is not good at advice. Further advice is from and to both sides, it depends on who needs it ! I found the most time is that parents are well-wishers, caretakers. good parents are correcting their children. As they have seen the outer world they have good and bitter experiences so they want their child to learn the things right away - be the perfectionist . They may be different in behaviour, attitude etc just like there is a variety of people.

Islam obligates us awe, love, respect to our parents. Serving them, loving them for the sake of Allah, is all mandated. So why we lose this part of our duties. InshaAllah we should be getting their duas everytime. They have spent their time caring us, looking after us and trying to make us happy ever - we should remember that. One of the thing is creating a good environment at home – a communicating family, solving the disputes together. excuse me at this, but the other thing is that the elders should also be respecting each other that reflects a good image upon their children in building a good environment at home. I hope being a family member you would be trying to cord your family and solving the disputes maturely InshaAllah.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
AstagfirAllah. I know I shouldn't, but I CAN'T HELP IT RIGHT NOW! Today is Eid- and he RUINED IT COMPLETELEY FOR ME! Just because I didn't want to get my picture taken, he swore at me and asked me why I was home- if I didn't want to celebrate Eid. At the Masjid, when we were walking to the car, my hijab loosened and fell, so I grabbed it and pulled it back on again. When we got IN the car, he pointed at a girl on the street with her hijab on. "Look-she's better than you. Wears hijab all the time. Don't celebrate Eid, being the Kaffr that u are!" I was hidiousley angry, but kept silent. As soon as we got home, i dressed into my unifrom- wanting to go to school- I love going to school MUCH MORE THAN STAYING AT HOME!My mom chides him for it, but it never stops. I'm TOO fed up now. I feel like running away. And it's not the first time I seriously felt like that in the past years.:angryred: i need help- I'M NOT GOING TO TALK TO HIM!!!!! He's swearing at my brother now for being reculant to eating too much.

Anyways- HAPPY EID! To all of you who are having a GOOD one!!!!:hearts::hearts::hearts:
Salam
assalamualaikum sister.

eid mubarak.

i hope u love ur parents from heart. if they do u any bad, u wont reply the same. be good.
dont be sad or angry that much. read quran and do prayers to Allah. dont forget that Allah is watching you with love.
be calm and refresh everyday with prayers, read quran translations, remember Allah.
be happy, dont be sad ok.
u r young. make the most of ur family.

my prayers.
assalamualaikum.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
sorry brother muawiyah, ofcourse muawiyah is a boys name, sorry for the mistake.

for rightpath: now i know why youre dad was annoyed at you, as you were wearing a 'duppata', which is not a proper hijab, so youre dad wishes you wear a proper hijab :D problem solved

Yes it is :) Depends on how its worn. :SMILY288:

It's part of our uniform in Madrasa and its very decent. :)

Wassalaam

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Salam

:salam2:

My cute little sis :) *hugs*

Remember NEVER to hate anyone, you hate what they do :) A person can be amazing, but what they do can be very annoying/wrong etc. It's often like that.

Whenever your father says something against you like that, remain silent :)
I know it seems hard at the time *but mashaAllah you did it* Carry on doing that.
The prophet :saw: “ The strong is not the one who over comes the people by his strength but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

Hope it goes well! :)

Wassalaam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

ur dad disliked that you dont want to take picture and also disliked that ur hijab fell off. :confused:

well sister, we have to learn two important things:
1. we will never get all wht we desire.
2. each and every tension, sorrow will help us on Day of Judgment if we have sa
br for the sake of Allah.

we all one time or other will get angry on our children too without any genuine reason.:)

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum

If I told you the things I went through with my father you would love yours. But of course I shan't reveal about my father.

Sister, Allaah says in the Qur'an:

And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. 17/23

Subhan Allaah how important the status of parents are in our lives. The mercy of parents is the mercy of Allaah.

Sister, it is a common misconception that just because 'outside people' are not allowed to hurt us (will we not repel or argue back!), then the same goes for our parents - that they have no right to hurt us.

How wrong we are sister. You see, parents are humans. Becoming parents, they may not be very good parents or in fact lousy. But they are humans and they do the best they can for us. Sister we are enjoined to obey our parents as long as they do not call us to SHIRK or DISOBEDIENCE to Allaah. Our eman is with Allaah.

But parents have every single right to hurt us.

I don't think you see their importance because you are so filled with anger and hate. Perhaps I can quote something else which Allaah has said:

And We have enjoined on man (to be good) to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning: (hear the command), "Show gratitude to Me and to thy parents: to Me is (thy final) Goal. 31/14

Wallaah sister, even if our parents were kaffir we are told to respect them!

We are here in this world thank you to our parents. The one who is thankful to the creation, is thankful to the Creator. Do you not believe this then sister? The fact that you are here online on the forum of TTI, spouting anger towards your father, lol sis you are here because of him! So what are you doing sis! I hope you do not refute for the Qur'an..

... is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear God. 2/2

Do you not want to be guided sister? Listen to them. They may not know the best way to handle matters, but it is the best way for you for Allaah has ordained so. Have sincerity, tawakkul and redha towards what Allaah has given you.

Do you speak nicely to a random stranger, better than your own parents?

Serve God, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For God loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious... 4/36

A total Stranger!?

Subhan Allaah

I do not even have to go on quoting hadeeth on respecting parents. There are too many. Sister, this is what the life of this world is about. We will be tested with some poverty, some hunger, tested with our family members who will hurt us.. This is what this life is. Khaleed ibn Waleed (ra) once said that "There is rest only in the Aakhira. Man will rest in the Aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya".

Do you not want to reap benefits of your patience towards your parents then sister? Be patient sister, it may take months or years for you to first, try very hard to speak very nicely to them, secondly, raise up another level to speak nicely about the issues your family is facing. Constantly make du'a.

Sis, personally another way to love them more is to make du'a for them everyday, all the time. Make du'a and more du'a for your parents. Because the moment you think some very not nice things of them, or get angry at them, won't it be that you will feel hypocritical for one moment you made nice du'a but the next you feel this way?

Sorry if I have hurt you sister. I feel very closely connected with this that you have brought up as I have had a similar experience. Trust in Allaah sister, strive to be a good muslimah. May you not announce your hatred towards your father anymore.. astaghfirullaah. Love them sister, for if they are not around anymore you would be wishing that they were there to insult you some more.

Please forgive me if I said anything wrong in sha Allaah

:salam2: sister. Thank Allah that you have a father. Who actually feeds you and take care of you. Yes he might get angry and say things which he should not but still he he is your father and you cant thank him enough for the things he does for you. You might not remember it the nights he might have stayed awake taking care of you when you were a baby and taking your hand and teach you how to walk. So you should look beyond the things he does not do right. Maybe you should express your feeling and have a heart to heart talk with him instead of getting angry. Also how did your hijab come off. I started wearing hijab 3 yrs back and it has never happened with me. And sweetheart there is no excuse for this. It is your responsibility to tie it properly and pin it up.