Need some help with a very serious question

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters I need help in answering a question that my brother brought up in one of our

"discussions" he said that:

"Why did Allah create us? Was it for fun? Was it for his amusement? If he is All-Mighty and a Divine Being then why

does he need to create us and prove to himself (or to someone else) that he can do this and that? "

He is one of those types that feels as if he got "betrayed" by Allah you know..... he couldnt deal with the tests

and bad times I guess...I laughed when he said "prove to himself (or to someone else)"

I tryed my best explaining it to him that He should ask someone that is more knowledgable in the field of Islamic

Theology, but he kept on asking me the question when I replyed that my knowledge isnt really that great in the

field. All I know is that Allah swt created us, and He knows whats best for us, and that we should obey Him. I also

told him that unlike the Angels we have the oppurnuity to choose what to follow.

In other words im going to over simplify his question:

"If Allah has created us, why? why does the All Mighty need to?"

I told him at the end, weather he is sincerely seeking knowledge, or is this just for arguments sake.
He told me it was for knowledge's sake, ... I can tell you it didnt look like it was.
But I still wish to talk to him and inform him about the True Islam (he calls himself agnostic, he is more like an

atheist with that question in my opnion).

Inshallah someone can help me with this.
Walaikumasalam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum brother, Quran answers your question beautifully =)

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ [٥١:٥٦]
I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me.

Ref ( chapter 51, verse 56)

aslam o alikum

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
shaheedpak is correct, Allah had stated that we. At worship Him and Him alone.

And if we do, weget paradise. It's simple, all the answers to His test were given to us when we were created. Study hard and you'll pass.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Jazakallah khair for your answers, Knowing my brother, he wont take anything from the Quran. Its like explaining it to an atheist who thinks he is an agnostic, it just doesnt work. He wants to know why Allah has created us? for what reason other than the fact that we should worship? In detail its like, he wants to know why does Allah need worshipping? why the Angels? why Us? why the Universe? I am satisified with the answers the Quran gives, but knowing my brother, he would not, and its pretty hard to be in the same house as a person like this, because it makes it really hard to live a normal life without stumbling into a "discussion" i say it quotes becuase it turns into an arguement as it usually does with someone who so arrogant.

Rashadi

Jazakallah khair for your answers, Knowing my brother, he wont take anything from the Quran. Its like explaining it to an atheist who thinks he is an agnostic, it just doesnt work. He wants to know why Allah has created us? for what reason other than the fact that we should worship? In detail its like, he wants to know why does Allah need worshipping? why the Angels? why Us? why the Universe? I am satisified with the answers the Quran gives, but knowing my brother, he would not, and its pretty hard to be in the same house as a person like this, because it makes it really hard to live a normal life without stumbling into a "discussion" i say it quotes becuase it turns into an arguement as it usually does with someone who so arrogant.

Salaam Aleykom brother Ali, first of all, it sounds almost like a waste of time for you since your brother has already made a decision and some people will not accept no matter how much evidence there is. It is Allah who gives guidance after all and He guides whom He wills. Secondly, Allah does not "need" anything period. He has no needs and this life is all just a test. Whether rich, or poor, healthy or unhealthy, it is all a test for us. The test is for us and not for Allah. Allah says in the Quran that He created us to worship Him and as successors on earth. Worship means not just praying all day but everything for His pleasure is worship if it is done with the right intentions. Everything from sleeping, working, marrying, praying, fasting, traveling, exercising, etc all can fall under worship. He doesn't need us to worship Him but He desires that we do and it is we who are in need to worship Him and He is most deserving of it.

So this entire creation has a purpose and our lives are all a test. We will be tested with our lives, wealth, health, properties and by any means. The successful will be those who hang on to the rope of Allah(swt) and they will pass the test by his mercy. The angels are also servants of God and they have a purpose just as everything and everyone has a purpose. The animals, stars, sun, moon, trees, plants, universe, planets, galaxy, milky way, etc, all these are signs of the Creator and at the same time they have a purpose. He also created everything in truth and this truth will prevail in the end. The arrogant will always deny no matter what but any sincere, honest and logical person will come to realize that there is a Creator, and that everything has a purpose. Our purpose is to worship God which means doing the things that please Him and, as I already said above, worship in Islam is not like in other religions. Islam is a deen(complete way) and everything that is in accordance with what Allah has declared, is worship.

May Allah guide your brother and all of us, ameen.

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think that the problem with many people which block their hearts from faith is that they have imprisoned themselves within what they see, feel , touch ........etc.
Whenever they try to think of their creator they are traped within their charachaters and their humanity .
I think that it is a must for any truth seeker to study Quran with open heart since Quran take his mind out of the this prison and lift him to wider domains the moment the human mind fall in this trap the revealation make thing very clear:

112:4 (Picktall) And there is none comparable unto Him.

Whenever the mind is captured with the idea of similarity then the following verse lift this mind higher:

42:11 (Picktall) The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He hath made for you pairs of yourselves, and of the cattle also pairs, whereby He multiplieth you. Naught is as His likeness; and He is the Hearer, the Seer.

It is very wrong that we put our model in mind when we try to know our creator . Since we are nothing but what the creator made ....so the gab is very very wide ......no one can grasp how wide . Quran can very generously make things clear about the attribues of our creator ......Looking aroud to the universe make things clear too. When need to be humble and openminded to understand.

We need but who created us is free of any need, and Allah knows best.

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

There is this website which might help also answer more to your friend...please scroll down to it and you will find books talking about God and a video of Bilal phillips talking about oneness of God part1&2. I hope this will be of much help.

h tt p : // w w w .kalamullah .c o m/non-muslims. h t m l

Jazakallahu kheir!!

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumasalam everyone, I love Allah and I love TTI I can always rely for the good people here to provide the required information (and more),
ayman1 - Yes the possibility is there, I too was thinking about it today.
Brother Rashadi, as always Alhumdililah you are soo helpful.
a_stranger - The verse is soothing and a nice reminder.
Abu.Amirah - What website are you on about could you please provide the link :)

Jazakallah khair everyone you are always so helpful.

Abu.Amirah

[B said:
h tt p : // w w w .kalamullah .c o m/non-muslims. h t m l[/B]

TTI I think does not allow posting of links and thats why i used spaces in btw for you to see the website, so maybe u type it manually on ur Iexplorer the words in bold above and open the page to see of the articles and video in that website!!

Jazakallahu kheir

Almeftah

This is Shaitan messing with his mind.. he should stop at once.

tell him to make Wudhu, and pray 2 Raka'ats. it should keep Shaitan away from him, and clear his head.