Personal Miracles?

Momof3

Hello.

I am not a Muslim, but I did have a question that I can't seem to get
any Muslim to answer.

Does anyone have any personal testimonies of a miracle God has done for you?

Maybe a healing, or a vision, or God telling you something?

I know Muslims are quick to tell of the miracles of the Quran, but they never say anything about a miracle that happened to them where they witnessed the hand of God at work in their lives.

Could someone maybe share this with me?

I am a Christian, and we always have many wonderful miracles of God blessing us and answering our prayers. However, I would like to know if this happens to Muslims and what those experiences are.

Thank you.

Arshad

Dear Friend.
What are Miracles :
Virtually every thing bieng there in this world is a miracle by it self, But that is if you believe in one God and his creation. It is man who has to go through a process to make some thing happen and that process is a form of knowledge which has either been invented or discovered .......And in both events they were already there and so they were discovered or invented by the miraculous brain that god gave man kind , Where does the question of religion come for such miracles it is just a true faith.If I may say that, some of the great scientists were athiests but they had done some deeds by chance, and so that too is a miracle, isn't it, that a man with no faith did it.

And then if you go back to history of inventions in science technology and arts etc etc, you will find that the scientists were from different religions and faith and they all had a miraculous inteligent brain.
other examples in life today too have plenty of miracles like digging out a live woman from the quake victims in Pakistan on the 7th day,mand there were more such instance. Then the Indonesian family of parents and 3 kids in Aceh Indonesia bieng washed out in different areas in the Tsunami and then uniting after a month

If you talk of people of faith Like christianity Islam Judaism and whatever, there are umpteen examples of miracles in every ones life. Like the JAL crash 292 on board and just one survival. So believe it that miracles happen only by the will of God and not by the choice of faith.

misalat

hello there,

Yes, we have many miracles that happend to us ... i personally witnessed, but we have some guidelines to how to narrate to others, the extent etc ... for example when we have a good or bad dreams, we have guidelines to follow. personally, there are many times my prayer was answered immediately, in a miracle way.

this is because our religion is a complete way of life, all that happens to us from the time we are born till our death is in our written rule - in the Glorious Qurán.

other wise, you can tell us what exactly you want to know about miracles you may be reffering to, to have correct answer.

Oem Soufiane

hello,

I am a coverted muslima, and i think all believers get blessings it is just the way you see it. We are all blessed by receiving the understanding of islam(i am not trying to look down on you, don't get me wrong) but a lot of people don't see the blessings in the things they have. To busy with their materialistic lives or just never happy. I think one thing is that you question yourself: where you talking to arabs or muslims, people with black hair are not always muslims, because if you ask a firm muslim about his blessings he will answer you a whole list, I'll give you mine:hijabi:

I was married and pregnant, but we didn't have a place for ourselves, my husband and i both lived at our parents houses. I gave birth to 2 healthy kids(blessing) and we moved constantly from one place to the other( his parents, my parents, his parents... and so on) my eldest son was two years of age when I gor very depressed about the whole situation. My father really hates islam and islam was forbidden in my parents house. All my stuff i had to hide, i couldn't wear my hijaab(islamic clothing) and my parents drink alcohol every day, smoke and are against islam, so you can imagine with small babies that's not very healthy. his parents where very cultural, a little islam mixed with a whole lot of cultural influences, so also not ideal for me, but alhamdulilah(thanks to god) i could pray and read there. Anyway at that moment i really became very close to Allah and even now i can't imagine how we coped in a bedroom as big as 2meters, by 3meters. With two kids and two adults, but okay. Ik was starting to practice my islam and gain my nowledge, i had often prayed for our own place to stay, but here in holland it's very hard to get a house, waitinglists are as long as waiting for 4 years till 7 years, before waiting 4 years it is almost impossible to get a place, i was waiting for two years at that time. So it looked kinda hopeless. I prayed and prayed for all kinds of things, but at one moment i got so fed up with every thing and cried, i prayed while beggin for a house. that was at a monday i guess. Mu husband was not as practising as i was, thought he was a muslim just by being moroccan. So i tried to explain all kinds of things about islam and started to talk about the necessity of telling what you want in your prayers instead of only saying what we have to say i our prayers.He said: no Allah knows what i want. I told him yes, but if you want something very bad, you need to ask and Allah will give it to you, it won't take anything of His blessings. He also never prayed in an mosque wich is obliged for men. So I started about the fridayprayer(very important for us) and asked him if he wanted to go next friday, he said we will see. So i guessed he wasn't going. At friday i was at my parents house and got a call he went to the mosque and had prayed there. I thought alhamdulilah! finally, maybe this will lead to more, so i went to his house, 30 km away and stayed there, saturday i went shopping with his sister i an islamic street, bought some books and went to his place, when my father called, we had been selected for a house!!! after two years of waiting, we couldn't believe it, my father also thought it was a mistake and told me to call them next monday. So i did, And alhamdulilah we were first on the list, the house was ours! i always hoped for a small house, with at least one bedroom, we got a very big house, with 4 rooms, two big gardens!!! alhamdulilah!!! I told my husband immediatly,and he told me he had asked for it, the day before in his fridayprayer at the mosque

That was one blessing

there have been lots of blessings in our lives, the most recent one is that after a long time that my husband wasn't practising islam, i decided to give him 30 days to change, or i would divorce him, i thought about it before and asked advice on my situation at different scholars through the net and in mosques, but nobody gave me a concrete answer on what to do. So at this point a was so certain about my decision, i talked to my husband and gave him lots of evidences in islam on how a mariage supposed to be and how he should behave like a muslim. He was very quiet and said nothing. My idea was i told him now, so he could get used to me leaving him in 30 days with the kids. The next day he was gone, i didn't know where he went, i thought he was just upset and left to think, so after a while he came into the house, greets me with salam aleikum(muslim greeting, peace be with you) and sat down, i asked him where he went, he told me he went to the mosque and after that day, he has prayed every prayer he could in the mosque here. this all happended after out talking at febrary 27th, so his 30 days are over and i am more than happy. He changed his life completely, bad friends, he never went there anymore, he is always looking for knowledge, reading the quran praying and everything Allahu akbar (god is great, not a jihadi shout as you might think).

These are two major things that changed my life and ofcourse my conversionis too, if i can find it anywhere on the site i will link it into this threat.

I think everything we experience is a blessing, something good is a blessing and something bad will be a blessing in the hereafter, because for the hard things that happen i this life, you carry with patience and firm believe in Allah, you will be rewarded for in the next life, the real life, inshallah(if god wants)

And from me to you i would like to add, if there is ever a moment in your life, where you think or ask yourself, is this the real life, is this (what you believe now) the right path. Open your heart completely and let God guide you in any direction. Just be real open to yourself, you don't have to tell anyone, and you don't have to react on this. Just keep it in mind.

much love,

Rachel, (Maryam)

IbnAlAawam

Hello.

any Muslim to answer.

I know Muslims are quick to tell of the miracles of the Quran, but they never say anything about a miracle that happened to them where they witnessed the hand of God at work in their lives.

I am a Christian, and we always have many wonderful miracles of God blessing us and answering our prayers. However, I would like to know if this happens to Muslims and what those experiences are.

Thank you.

Hi Momof,

Our own life is miracle, from our body to the water we drink, isn't it enough? I am a living miracle like you are, like we all are.
Have you ever wondered why for most of its history the Muslim word was at peace while until 50 years ago Christendom was in infighting (countless European wars, colonisation, ethnic cleansing, pogroms, wwi, wwii, vietnam...)

Does God talk to some Chritians in their Dreams?
If so, do you have some exemple of people together with God's message to them?

Momof3

I don't think anyone specifically answered my question except for Rachel.

Christians of course believe that our very existance is a miracle.
But was I was referring to was other miracles.

Like things that just simply have no explaination.

For example, someone who prays for healing and God answers that and is miraculously cured from their illness (like cancer)

Or God blessing someone with money or another need when they had nothing.

You see, in Christianity, people are always seeing the hand of God at work in their lives. I just find it strange why Muslims don't ever share their experiences of that. It's not a jab at Islam, I am just curious.

I am not a stranger to Islam. I have read the Quran and have many Muslim friends. I am not against Islam, I am just curious about how people of Islamic faith feel that God works in their lives.

Thanks

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

You ask a profound question. Please understand that I am a humble woman. My answer is very personal, too. Islam is a total way of life. We have a direct and interpersonal realtionship with Allah. We are in the presence of Allah at all times. In prayer we are with Him. This occurs five times a day, at least.
We start everything with Bismillah. We finsish by saying Alhumdullilah. We believe it is the Will of Allah. We are His slaves. We are living to please our Master. We use the word Mercy of Allah...to define the daily miracles. We really have little need for 'witnessing or testimonies". Each breath I take is the Will of Alllah. Alhumdulliah. Allah has granted me two sons,,my 38th and 41st birthday presents...when I was told I could not have chidlren...I need no more in life....
As we follow the sunnah of the Prophet (swas) our miracles are so numerous it would be impossibly to count...I am serious. As we remain in the state of gratitude our blessings mutliply.
We count our blessings as miracles because they are. Each human being has been given a miracle: the ability to think...Allhumdulliah.
We are also taught to be humble and not dwell but to rush to prayer and assist our brothers and sisters...
Afterall another miracle is we have the angels of Allah writing down our deeds...my Allah increase my deeds in His service...that is where Muslims like to concentrate.

I don't think anyone specifically answered my question except for Rachel.

Christians of course believe that our very existance is a miracle.
But was I was referring to was other miracles.

Like things that just simply have no explaination.

For example, someone who prays for healing and God answers that and is miraculously cured from their illness (like cancer)

Or God blessing someone with money or another need when they had nothing.

You see, in Christianity, people are always seeing the hand of God at work in their lives. I just find it strange why Muslims don't ever share their experiences of that. It's not a jab at Islam, I am just curious.

I am not a stranger to Islam. I have read the Quran and have many Muslim friends. I am not against Islam, I am just curious about how people of Islamic faith feel that God works in their lives.

Thanks

I don't quite understand your definition of a "miracle."

We believe everything (good or bad) that happens to a Muslim is for a reason, we tend to seek for quick answers like "why is this happening to me" but we have little wisdom and knowledge and only Allah (God) knows what is in front of us and what is behind us. So we have to be patient because Allah knows what is best for us and not. Every time I see tomorrow or the next hour, minute or second is a blessing.

I guess maybe this can be seen as one of the many "miracles" of my daily life. When I was a little baby (2 years old) I was playing and shoving this huge shelf and it somehow fell on me. The neighbors came rushing and tried to help pull the heavy shelf. My mom was crying and could not stand to look. Everyone assumed I was dead, no way could I have lived with this big shelf falling on me.

But once they lifted the shelf, they were shocked and blessed to find me just fitting and sitting quietly in one of the open shelves-alhamdulillah...there was not even a single scratch on me. It was truely a blessing, but it was only Allah that sent the Angel Fereshta to save me. It was meant for me to live and be here today-alhamdulillah. I hope this helps.

umm hussain

Hie

I think the word miracle is a difficult one because a miracle to me might not be one to you e.g I have been searching for the definition of miracle and came up with these:

According to many religions, a miracle is an intervention by God in the universe. One must keep in mind that in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and in other faiths people have substantially different definitions of the word miracle. Even within a specific religion there is often more than one usage of the term.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle

and

any amazing or wonderful occurrence
a marvellous event manifesting a supernatural act of God

etc

So I believe i experience Allahs miracles every day and dont need to mention a specific event because there are too many to mention.

Then again maybe my becoming muslim was a miracle if the definition is 'any amazing or wonderful occurrence' because I feel that is what it is.

loveislam1

Hello and welcome!
Prayers or let us say good things can happen given to you by Allah subhana wa ta'ala regardless of your faith. On earth HE can even be generous to most most wicked person, that is not somehow idicitive of your being "righlty guided" that you have material gain or have health or wealth and happiness or that you were cured of an illness......actually those who were tested the most were the propehts peace and blessings be upon them and they were the ones whom ALLAH loved the most. May I ask you why you know that it was YOUR prayers that made what happened happen? How are you sure that is not what ALLAH had already willed to have happened? Will any amount of prayers save a person if that is his last day? If cancer had not killed them that day are we assured that the next that they wont die in bed sleeping?

But that wasnt your question you want miracles!

I was told when I was pregant with my son that my numbers of progesterone were way under "normal" levels mine were 7 everyone around me thought I was on the verge of miscarrying because the "normal" numbers are 11 and 90 they were pretty glum about it I had a "not normal pregnancy" , my HCG didnt double also I was only 7-8 weeks and they "have to still be doubling" they also said it is pretty common with miscarriage to not have a doubling HCG so "not get my hopes up" I carried to term and now have a NORMAL 2 year old that they kept saying was "not normal" were they wrong? yep, only ALLAH suhana wa ta'ala decides what is "normal" ............ was it a miracle? It would only be a "miracle" had I beleived the doctors in the first place, that they somehow had the final say

What I THINK are miracles are the fact that we are a slave to everything on this earth but ALLAH subhana wa ta'ala we are a slave to the telivision programs we are slave to having to eat or we die to sleep or we die or drink or we die we have to urinate and deficate yet we still dont see ourselves as slaves we think we are "Free" that to me is a miracle that we still dont think that those are miracles and still think that WE somehow are the ones in control, the ones who "create" the ones who can do and not give ultimate will over to ALLAH subhana wa ta'ala.

My one prayer that I ask for continually has yet to be answered, that my father will come to ISLAM, (he is agnostic) Inshallah it will be answered . :tti_sister:

bayareabilal

makakilo
yes indeed

1st of all-money is by no means a blessing! God had given vast amounts of wealth to some of the most wicked people to ever walk the face of the earth. So take a minute to reflect on that and then be thankful for all you have.
I was raised Catholic
BUT reverted to the truth
and I was indeed witness to a miracle
but that is between Allah subhan o talla and I
I have shared it with only two people...one of whom inshallah I will marry and the other is my neighbor and close confidant whom upon hearing what I shared with him told me to not share that with anyone else. It was real and unexplainable...unless you believe in the unseen, the angels, the hereafter, judgement day, heaven & hell & Allah's messengers and book. :SMILY252:

The truth is out there my friend...open your heart and may Allah accept.

hafz

Miracles happen by the will of Allah and I don't think it is dependant on faith
people of all religions testify to supernatural events and miraculous cures which they attribute to their deity or to natural reasons in the case of atheists .

Your question for muslims again many talk of cures through dreams etc. However if you ever have the chance to relate to the super pious you will understand fully their place with Allah from what they relate .But they don't share this information readily and it is very hard to identify these people ,as they will never want to be acknowledged . Before somebody jumps at me ,im not talking about sufi's and saints .
Miracles most definately do happen.
But muslims don't use miracles as an argument to prove their religion. Allah s.w.t has given us better miracles in the Quraan and sunnah. Miracles are considered a personal thing not for broadcasting.

Hiba_Islam

Dear Brother welcome to the TTI and hope you will enjoy my miraculous parcour.

I grew up in a big traditional family of 5 brothers all older than me in a very small village where hardly any girls went to school. I joined primary school at the age of 5 yo I was an excellent student but and the only girl among 30 boys. I knew I had little hope to finish my studies since I have to move to town where I will either live alone or with relatives.

My father did not allow my eldest sister to finish her studies for that reason so I prayed so hard that my dad's behaviour will be different towards me. MY PRAYER WAS ANSEWRED and against the will of my brothers I went to the secondary school.

In my last year in High School (A-Levels) the day before the final exams (you either pass or fail) I almost died. I had an accident in the shower and I passed away almost the whole night. I cied a lot that night and prayed that I will be able to pass the exam. Again MY PRAYER WAS ANSEWED and I got a very good grade.

I joined The Amercian University in the Moroccan capital and I hardly spoke any English so I struggled for one year. I was far behind my classmates. I worked hard and ended up being the Valedectorian of my major in 2005, I wanted to the commencement speech but unfortunatly another valedectorian of another major had a higher GPA so I thought she will do the speech since it is the policy and it has never ever changed.

I prayed a lot and cried to be the speech person, I ever told anyone that I want to do it. Miracusly I was called to be told that this year a committe will be assigned to choose the speech person from the four valedectorians. Again MY PRAYER WAS ANSEWERED I did the speech (Fabulous day for my familly).

...etc

That's enough for now hope I helped:hearts:

Salam

Tahira

Hello.

any Muslim to answer.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Well, you first tell me what is not a miracle in this world? Isnt it everything is a miracle? Now you are reading my message. Isn't it a miracle that you have eyes and understand what you are reading?

Also prayers being answered and miracle are two completely different things. Allah answers all calls. If you say "I wish I could die", if He says "So be it" it will be. You will die. Therefore, our Prophet SAW advised us, especially parents not to curse thier children as their call may be answered. So to summarize, Allah answers everyones call regardless your belief. But He may not answer some of your calls. For example if you curse Allah's beloved, obidient and pious servant He will certainly not answer your prayer.

As to the miracles, unlike Christians we do not believe in talking to God or feeling the God in any phisical way. If you think you did, than this is absolutely nonsense. As a muslim, I believe that every breath we take, everything that surrounds us is a miracle. If I need a miracle I just look up the skies and it will suffice for me. Personally, Allah has chosen me to be a Muslim - this is a great miracle and blessing to me by Him, I asked Him to save me from the prosecution of disbelievers in very hard times, so He did. I was very poor and I asked him to give some relief, so He did. I asked Him to give me happy life, so He did, alhamdulillah. The list can go on and on. If I were to list all blessings of the Allah that he bestoved upon me, I could have complied a hundreds of thick books, inshallah.

At the end I would like to say that knowing that Allah usually answers my prayers, I will ask Him to guide you to the right path, i.e. to the true religion of Islam. Amin.

P.S. Yes one more thing. There is a saying from our Prophet (peace be upon him) to the nearest meaning that if servant's prayer is not answered in this world there is some rewards preserved for him in the Hereafter. And when he sees those rewards he would dream that none of his prayers had been accepted in his worldly life. So if your prayer is not accepted in this world, rejoice!!!! Something has been preserved fro you for sure!!!! Allah knows best!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
For me the Miracle was that I converted to Islam from Christianity,and I feel its a miracle and Blessing from Allah.I feel presence of Allah in every aspect of my my life.Allah always answers my prayers.Saving my life in the car accident was enough,was great miracle.
The miracles can happen with everybody,because there is just one God for all of us,all humans.

yusuf125

Hello.

any Muslim to answer.

Thank you.

as salaamu alaykum, momof3:

i pray you take to heart what the others have said here, and you examine the world around you inshallah. also that you look deeper into the qur'an, as it truly is a miracle.
i am not a scholar, in fact i am a new muslim. i think i understand where your question is comming from.
here is something for you to ponder, inshallah
i was raised catholic and was taught to pray to the mother of isa, saints, angles and isa himself.
one time i lost my keys, and prayed to st. anthony, who is supposedly the patron saint of lost things. i found my keys almost immidiatly.
i thought this was definitive proof that i was in the right religon (for a while).
there is another explaination for what happened.
i was searching for truth and shaytan knew it. he knew where my keys were all along, and he whispered in my ear to pray to the saint (commit shirk) and i would find my keys.when i was close to my keys, the shaytan whispered to me and i looked and found them.
from an uncommited standpoint, one explaination is as good as the other.
(either "st. anthony" found my keys or shaytan did or i just happened to find them because they were where i often walk, or....). allah subhanna wa talla knows best.
the point is that even though something can seem very obvious to us i.e. a miracle, we don't really know.
concider that, since sept 11th 01 there has been a lot of negative press in the west about islam. about how it's violent, intolerant and mysoginistic. and yet thousands of people in the west have, since then, embraced islam. i, myself, was hostile to islam when i began reading (an english translation of the meanings of) the qur'an, but this book softened my heart
this defies logic, if viewed from outside and yet, there it is. is this a miracle?
like others have said, miracles are defined in many different ways.
you are here searching. you are on the right path i think.
i would suggest that you focus less on the "bling bling" type of miracles and more on the miracle of everyday life.

algerianmuslima

salam brother/sister momof3 >first ur welcom in diz site between us and thnx 4 asking my unswer to u will b(AS MUSLIMS)dat is d big miracle so lot lot ppl from other relgions tryed to stop islam nd all wat is happening now in d world about islam but there r lot lot lot lot of brothers nd sisters r still converting till now don't u think dat is enough as MIRACL >>>>>>>>thnx nd plz stay in touch with us >>>>>>>>salam

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Loveislam1wrote "My one prayer that I ask for continually has yet to be answered, that my father will come to ISLAM, (he is agnostic) Inshallah it will be answered ."

I too will make duua for your father my dear sister. Insha allah the other brothers and sisters will make dua too!

May Allah guide your father Ameen

mosabaig

Dear Friend..

Hello,

It's the trust which is very important specially when talking about miracles, Jinns and supernaturale things.
What we have in Islam is clearifications and latest book Quran revealed to Muhammad (SA) from same God who sent Pslams to David(AS), Torah to Moses(AS), Bible to Jesus(AS).

Quran is a living miracle, as this is what we all human can connect with our Creator and know what our Creator wants from us with full TRUST.

I donot have words to discribe my feelings but Quran adresses us Allah.