Pictures/Avatars with Images ?!

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
:salam2: i hopw this msg reaches you in best of eeman and health.
well,my question may be silly,but since I am a person who loves paintings(may be i was addicted to it before:astag:), i am wandering for a while about you all's avatatr.
ALL of you are having that islamic conquering logo eh,the man with flag on a horse.so my question is *HORSE* and *MAN* image,even thought they do not have eyes,nose etc,isn't his haram???, and all these emos,these are also characters nah??,so what is the difference between making images in computer and hand??,aren't these cartoons?,and they are even moving and mimicking human nature??.
I am sorry but it was eating my head out because,why would some images be allowed and others not??

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb...sister it would be best to send those individuals pms instead of making an entire thread. if the message is mainly directed at them, it would be best to pm them. and ukhti may i remind you that ibn taymiya said " if you admonish your brother in public, you only do so to humiliate and disgrace him, and if you admonish him in private, you only do so because you care about him" ...the words are not in exact quote but that's the main point of it. so please re-edit your thread inshaAllah and send the individuals a pm. :) and please do not be offended by my words. asalamu alaykum wrwb.:)

palestine

Servant of Allah
Is it permissible to draw imaginary pictures such as a man with wings?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The focus of the prohibition on image making is images of animate beings, whether they are sculpted or drawn on walls or fabric or paper, or they are woven, and whether they are drawn with a quill or pen or made with a machine, and whether the image is of the creature as it naturally appears or whether imagination comes into play and it is made smaller or larger, or made beautiful or distorted, or the skeleton inside is shown in the picture.

The reason for the prohibition is that what is represented is animate beings, even if they are imaginary images such as those that are drawn to represent ancient peoples such as the pharaohs and commanders and soldiers during the Crusades, or images of Jesus and Mary that are placed in churches, etc. This is because of the general meaning of the texts and because of the imitation of the creation of Allaah, and because it is a means that leads to shirk.

From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/479.

Muslim narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came from a journey and I had hung a curtain at my door, on which were pictures of horses with wings, and he told me to take it down.

This hadeeth indicates that images of animate beings are not allowed even if they are imaginary pictures of things that do not exist in real life, because there are no horses with wings in real life.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

For the reasons sister palestine mentioned I've removed the specific names mentioned here. I too think it best if you want to address one specific person or advice them - then to inshaAllah do it by PM. Either by asking the question - or re-directing them to this thread.

InshaAllah this way it will avoid any unnecessary trouble - and will also serve as something for everyone else to look to as well...

wasalam

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb...sister it would be best to send those individuals pms instead of making an entire thread. if the message is mainly directed at them, it would be best to pm them. and ukhti may i remind you that ibn taymiya said " if you admonish your brother in public, you only do so to humiliate and disgrace him, and if you admonish him in private, you only do so because you care about him" ...the words are not in exact quote but that's the main point of it. so please re-edit your thread inshaAllah and send the individuals a pm. :) and please do not be offended by my words. asalamu alaykum wrwb.:)
:salam2: :astag::astag:
i never did mention even a thing to humiliate them,or disgrace them,i don;t think any of the word in my post was "pointing finger" on claiming to them doing haram. As they are the people who know much better than me,i thought asking was not a problem.after all we are *ALLOWED* to ask question from people about islam when ever we want.and i was just *ASKING*, not *CLAMINIG* OR TELLLING *TELLING DEFICIENCY*.
anyways my sister, thankyou for telling that,I'll make sure this thing never happens again,and really i appreciate your post,and am very very sorry,I love you for the sake of allah

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

For the reasons sister palestine mentioned I've removed the specific names mentioned here. I too think it best if you want to address one specific person or advice them - then to inshaAllah do it by PM. Either by asking the question - or re-directing them to this thread.

InshaAllah this way it will avoid any unnecessary trouble - and will also serve as something for everyone else to look to as well...

wasalam
thnx sister, sister palestine could have been said this way.instead of calling me as *humiliating others*

mhamzah

Having read the posts a couple of times, I don't things so anyone tried to humilate anyone, just the choice could have been better at both ends, which led to the misunderstanding.

Quote:

well, my question may be silly

No Question is silly, sister. Just keep posting your questions and Inshallah some one will answer them.

Hopefully this queston of yours have been answered, and maybe one of the moderators can delete this thread.

May Allah guide us closer to the truth.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: i hopw this msg reaches you in best of eeman and health.
well,my question may be silly,but since I am a person who loves paintings(may be i was addicted to it before:astag:), i am wandering for a while about you all's avatatr.
ALL of you are having that islamic conquering logo eh,the man with flag on a horse.so my question is *HORSE* and *MAN* image,even thought they do not have eyes,nose etc,isn't his haram???, and all these emos,these are also characters nah??,so what is the difference between making images in computer and hand??,aren't these cartoons?,and they are even moving and mimicking human nature??.
I am sorry but it was eating my head out because,why would some images be allowed and others not??

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear sister.

I think that description very well fits to my last avatar. I was really unaware that the avatar I had could be haram as it was like a shaow (I meant all in black), and gives a really good message to those who see it. However, I have found now that even those images is not permissible to be used in Islam. Therefore I have changed my avatar and inshaAllah will not use it again.

JazakiAllah khair for taking up this matter my sister.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear sister.

I think that description very well fits to my last avatar. I was really unaware that the avatar I had could be haram as it was like a shaow (I meant all in black), and gives a really good message to those who see it. However, I have found now that even those images is not permissible to be used in Islam. Therefore I have changed my avatar and inshaAllah will not use it again.

JazakiAllah khair for taking up this matter my sister.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
:wasalam: varahmathullah wabarakaath akhi.
I'm really really happy that atleast making this post in public benefited somone.may allah (swt) makes it benefit some others also,which was BTW my purpose,i thought the brothers may give some ral gud explanations which can be read by others,so that not only me,but others who also wonder about this matter can benefit.
may allah(swt) keeps us all in our best iman and save us from going astray.ameen