pope's visit to the USA

isabelelsherif

assalamu aleikum
i am a recent convert (since January) i was previously catholic

now that the pope is in the usa there is a lot of media coverage of his trip.

My husband is upset with me because he says that i am still catholic deep inside because i refused to say that the pope is a bad person and now he says that i am not a true muslim.

i refuse to say he is bad because if the catholic people or priests are doing bad things then those are the ones that are bad, why should i say that the pope is a bad person because of others he is a human being and should not be judged

am i right in not wanting to talk badly about the pope or is my husband right that maybe deep down i am still catholic

please give me your ideas

muslim doc

:salam2:the number one reason for all the crusades that was held all over the history is the catholic popes in rome
They call for a crusade to invade the islamic world and killin muslims' children and women, if they say that crusaders did that without their popes' knowledge then why did not we hear about any trial for those who did these crimes by the pope himself
I think that history did not change it is just repeatin itself, this pope is walkin on the steps of all the previous popes, being a true muslim u must hate him and count him as an enemy for islam, this pope said (Benedict) that islam is the religio of barbarians and our prophet is our leader he said many bad things about Quran..
so my dear sister u cant tell that he is a good man after all this

on the other hand Allah told us in the Quran to treat other nonmuslims who did not fight us in a good manner and in peace but those who fight us we must fight back to defend ourselfs

jst ask ur self a Q why pope visited USA at this time

:wasalam:

Sakeena

assalamu aleikum
i am a recent convert (since January) i was previously catholic

now that the pope is in the usa there is a lot of media coverage of his trip.

My husband is upset with me because he says that i am still catholic deep inside because i refused to say that the pope is a bad person and now he says that i am not a true muslim.

i refuse to say he is bad because if the catholic people or priests are doing bad things then those are the ones that are bad, why should i say that the pope is a bad person because of others he is a human being and should not be judged

am i right in not wanting to talk badly about the pope or is my husband right that maybe deep down i am still catholic

asalam alaikum,

in my opinion, the pope is promoting shirk, idolaion nad tells ppl to reject Lord Allah (SWT) and that's why he's bad! :astag:

salam,

Sakeena :hijabi:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

Pope Ratzinger is a bad man. While you may not want to judge him of the actions of some pedophilic preists (which you shouldn't) you can judge him for helping cover up and create a policy to further the victimization of children at their hands.

Before being elected to being a pope (and let's not forget the pope is supposed to be infalliable...how does one get voted into an infallible postition anyways?) he helped write up the papers for relocating the priests accused of child molestation. The paper also stated that if the child went to the authorities they would be excommunicated because the admission of molestation was under the confessional seal and thus couldn't be exposed.

Instead of these priests being prosecuted for preying on defenseless children in their trust, they were relocated and unmonitored...to commit the same offense again and again.

He was part of the Hitler Youth brigade, but let's remember that it was legally required of every German youth, it was not a choice. My family is survivors of the Nazi regime but I do not judge Ratzinger for being herded into this group. He was an innocent child and was not given a chioce.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Saalam,

Hate is a very strong emotion, I don't think Muslims should allow themselves to be influence by the evil of hate.
It is one thing to condemn people's actions and resist them in ways that is proper according to the Quran and the prophet's Sunnah, but it is another thing to be influenced and led by hate.

Some one who has such a high position and power in the Catholic religion such as the pope himself should have known better when he accused our prophet of being "violent, and spreading Islam by the sword, etc".
There is no justification for such comments, he fell short of apologizing.

Personally I dislike this particular pope, because of his comments toward Islam and our beloved prophet. (the papal history has been very controversial, especially the actions of some of the pope, but then again not all popes were the same)
So if the pope says bad things about Muslims and Islam, I will protest and do whatever I can within my ability to resist his propaganda, however I will not hate him.

Wylaikum,

Shoaib

Abel213

that was very enlightening.....how come no1 knows bout this??.....

Even the past US president Nixon knew about the depravity that goes on in the Catholic Church.

Nixon: You know what happened to the Romans? The last six Roman emperors were fags. Neither in a public way. You know what happened to the popes? They were layin' the nuns; that's been goin' on for years, centuries. But the Catholic Church went to hell three or four centuries ago. It was homosexual, and it had to be cleaned out. That's what's happened to Britain. It happened earlier to France.
Let's look at the strong societies. The Russians. Goddamn, they root 'em out. They don't let 'em around at all. I don't know what they do with them. Look at this country. You think the Russians allow dope? Homosexuality, dope, immorality, are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and left-wingers are clinging to one another. They're trying to destroy us. I know Moynihan will disagree with this, [Attorney General John] Mitchell will, and Garment will. But, goddamn, we have to stand up to this.

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahamato Allah wa barakato

assalamu aleikum

Sister, don't you worry. I think what you're doing is just fine.I think it's just the goodness of your heart being exposed. I personally don't think we have the right to go around and call people 'bad'. Just think about the Profet (Peace be upon him) whe he said we should always say good things, otherwise, keep silence! MashaAllah! That's wisdom!

However it is important that we know and understand how bad someone can be(tha's a different matter), for knowledge, but not to keep calling them bad. If you know what I mean.

Allah knows best.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister isabelelsherif,

The best answer to your question was given on post #3 by sister Sakeena when she wrote:

in my opinion, the pope is promoting shirk, idolaion nad tells ppl to reject Lord Allah (SWT) and that's why he's bad!

The mere fact that he is the head of a world wide organization [The Roman Catholic Church] that calls for the worship of others with God Almighty [i.e., Jesus Christ -peace be upon him- and the Holy Spirit], that has many other blasphemous beliefs and that rejects Muhammad [peace be upon him] as the final Messenger of God is certainly more than enough to regard him as a bad person.

And this doesn't only apply to Pope Benedict XVI. It applies to all Popes. Some may be worse than others, but they all share in calling on worshiping other than God Almighty [under the doctrine of the Trinity], and that is the biggest sin there is.

Furthermore, Pope Benedict XVI and many other Popes sponsor and encourage missionary work in Muslim countries that seek to convert Muslims to Christianity.

In the case of Pope Benedict XVI, there's also what sister ShyHijabi has mentioned in her post #6:

Salaam,

Pope Ratzinger is a bad man. While you may not want to judge him of the actions of some pedophilic preists (which you shouldn't) you can judge him for helping cover up and create a policy to further the victimization of children at their hands.

Before being elected to being a pope (and let's not forget the pope is supposed to be infalliable...how does one get voted into an infallible postition anyways?) he helped write up the papers for relocating the priests accused of child molestation. The paper also stated that if the child went to the authorities they would be excommunicated because the admission of molestation was under the confessional seal and thus couldn't be exposed.

Instead of these priests being prosecuted for preying on defenseless children in their trust, they were relocated and unmonitored...to commit the same offense again and again.

Please watch the following video. It was produced by the BBC:

[vg]-9216902699740163930[/vg]

Regards,

Bluegazer

q8penpals

I think he was a bad person just because he was a member of the Hitler youth in Nazi Germany.

Salam

Learn your history - NO ONE HAD A CHOICE whether to join the Hitler youth or not (well, I guess except for the people that were the ones being killed and sent to concentration camps)! Same goes for the Communist children's red-brigade (I can't remember the exact name. I have a friend in Hungary who is quite bitter still over the years he spent in the Red brigade as a child, being indoctrinated against his and his parent's will.

People are who they are - do not judge this pope based on the popes before him, otherwise you might as well let people judge all Muslims by the suicide bombers.

Lana

cmelbouzaidi

I agree with you completely, Sharangan. Thank you for mentioning that he said less than kind things about Islam since he was elected Pope. I think John-Paul II was a bit better on interfaith relations but it took him some time to help build bridges, too. I hope that there will be more postive relations between The Catholic Church and Islam in the future. I was a non-practising Catholic before reverting to Islam and I am not going to say anything negative about Catholicism or Catholics, as for the most part, I receive more respect from Catholics as a Muslim than other Christians in this part of the southern states of the USA. So, although I do not like this present Pope, I have no issue with Catholics at all.

taxhonesty

Info Warrior
Salam

Learn your history - NO ONE HAD A CHOICE whether to join the Hitler youth or not (well, I guess except for the people that were the ones being killed and sent to concentration camps)! /quote]

everyone has a choice of whether or not to do evil. This is where character comes into play and another word I like to use called freedom. Freedom starts by saying no to tyrants like Hitler and Stalin, not going along with those mad men. Standing up and saying no even if it means that you might die is where freedom starts.:SMILY209:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Please watch the following video. It was produced by the BBC:

[vg]-9216902699740163930[/vg]

Regards,

Bluegazer

I watched the full program and it made me sad and angry.
The runaway priests hide in the shelter of Vatican after their prolonged acts of paedophelia are uncovered.

It seems like the Vatican a hideout to the gang of pedophiles who are protected by the pope.

Salaam,

Personally, I view Pope Benedict very materialistic. He wears pastoral & jeweled crosses, golden robes, was even seen wearing Gucci glasses and Prada shoes, wears a expensive Fisherman's ring, drove a Mercedez Benz Popemobile in his U.S. tour and has a collection of Mercedez. To me this does not symbolize humbleness and piety.

The Vatican is a blueprint cover up to keep Priests protected for commiting pedophilia. Benedict goes to Washington to sympathize with sexually abused victims by priests - but he is the one allowing it with his policy (i.e Crimen Sollicitationis)!! What's even worst is that these priests continue to preach in church! :astag: I just don't know how so many Christians can be clapping for him.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i think we should refrain from bad mouthing the pope. we have to understand that people love him just as we love ALLAH SWT and HIS MESSENGER:saw: . of course i find the pope and his theology to be misguided, but many muslims get upset whenever islam is questioned or if someone makes a statement about our beloved prophet :saw: , and react violently. we are attacking someone that nearly 2 billion people hold dear to. again, they are misguided, but if we attack in this way, we will open the gates for people to mock our prophet :saw: which of course would be a great mistake.
:wasalam: