"Practicing" Muslim on MTV's Real World

kayleigh

If you don't know what Real World is, it's a reality show where 7 people from around the US live in a house together.

Anyway, apparently there's a "practicing" Muslim among the cast members for the new season this August. Her name is Parisa, and claims to be practicing, all while living in a house with three strange guys she's never met, and running around in a bikini.

And people thought Little Mosque on the Prairie was bad...

Thoughts? Opinions on how it'll impact peoples perceptions of Muslims, if at all?

(By the way - is this considered back biting? It's only the truth and she'll be on national TV for everyone to see it anyway. If it is just delete this.)

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
There was a "practicing" Muslim in a Big Brother show 2 years ago, he was alone with women too. I have never seen Real World, but I've heard about it, if she's running around in her bikini then maybe she needs guidance everything else is between her and Allah (SWT). I have no right to judge her.
:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum
well, dear sister jabba, this is not called judging. it is to say right is right and wrong is wrong.
if that woman is representing my sister, mother and wife on a national/international level, i have the right to point out the things that are not from islam.
if a muslim man was doing somthing similar in Big Brother, that was also wrong. one wrong can not be a certificate for another wrong.

Wassalam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Assalamu alaikum
well, dear sister jabba, this is not called judging. it is to say right is right and wrong is wrong.
if that woman is representing my sister, mother and wife on a national/international level, i have the right to point out the things that are not from islam.
if a muslim man was doing somthing similar in Big Brother, that was also wrong. one wrong can not be a certificate for another wrong.

Wassalam

:salam2:
well dear Bawar, you need to re read what I wrote. All I know about this sister is she wears a bikini, I commented on that. Everything else I do NOT know, that is between her and Allah (SWT). Sister Kayleigh said she is "practicing" so I assume she has read the Quran, as I said she needs some guidance. In NO WAY did I ever say one wrong made another wrong OK!
:wasalam:

kayleigh

I agree that she needs guidance...

And I wouldn't dream of judging whether or not she's actually a Muslim. You can't tell what she has faith in, but I think it's possible to tell if she's practicing or not based on her behavior.

muslim_4_life

A Muslim Girl
Assalamu alaikum

Wassalam

:salam2: I agree

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We all have different levels of faith. She has decided that she needs to enjoy the dunya..however, this is short-lived; she will get her 15 minutes of fame..and be tossed aside for the next beauty..and it will be up to us to raise her back to her true self.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Well I can judge her as muslim but I CAN JUDGE HER ACTIONS AS BEING un-ISLAMIC especially since every little negative thing a muslim does it seems to non-believers that ALL muslim do it.